Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could we have double bed frames for kids and teens ?

DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I love that Ikea like bed with drawers we got in DU, but it's a SINGLE bed :( The beds we got in Parenthood are also SINGLE beds. And most of the double beds we have don't fit in a teen bedroom.

Except many teens have DOUBLE beds in their bedroom. So why are all the beds for younger sims always single beds ? Why not give us a double bed version ? It's annoying for me because I only use single beds for children and in dorms.
Post edited by Dianesims on

Comments

• Options

Here's a screenshot to better explain what I mean. All these great beds are only single beds.

pmmX8no.png
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I just give them double beds. But more matching furniture is always a plus.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I would love to see a double bed with an iron head board too. We got a single one, I can’t remember which pack it was in, but I would love a double sized one too.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Another nice perk of using only double beds for everything past toddler, is that then you don't have to deal with monsters under the bed. Siblings can share a double bed in their room, no problem. Or share a bed with a parent, so you can have a single parent sharing a studio apartment with their child, and not need another bedroom, or even a bedroom at all, necessarily. It works. :)
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Children and teens can already use the double beds.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Are you saying you want double bed sized versions of those beds you pictured?
    Cos with the way you worded it, it sounds like you're not aware that kids can already sleep in double beds.

Or are you asking for double beds, where a child (or teen) can sleep in the middle of the bed, as though it's a single bed, but with more sprawling room? (I doubt that would be added)

But more variations of double beds would be good. Every single bed should have a double version, and vice versa.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Yes, I meant we need double bed versions.
    I know teens can use double beds, but I’m saying that all the “kids/teen” beds (those aimed for teens or kids like the Parenthood ones) are only single beds.
    Movotti wrote: »
    Are you saying you want double bed sized versions of those beds you pictured?
    Cos with the way you worded it, it sounds like you're not aware that kids can already sleep in double beds.

Or are you asking for double beds, where a child (or teen) can sleep in the middle of the bed, as though it's a single bed, but with more sprawling room? (I doubt that would be added)

But more variations of double beds would be good. Every single bed should have a double version, and vice versa.

• Options
    Children and teens can already use the double beds.

I know, I meant that all the beds that look like a bed you could find in a kid or teen’s bedroom are single beds, like the one(s) from “Kids room stuff” and “parenthood”, and many of the “younger” looking beds and I find it annoying.
  • Options
    Again I was watching Snowy Escape reviews and the one bed that would look good in a teen’s room is a single bed. Why can’t we have a double bed version as well ?

All beds should come with single and double frames.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Again I was watching Snowy Escape reviews and the one bed that would look good in a teen’s room is a single bed. Why can’t we have a double bed version as well ?

Yes I agree.

There's nothing more annoying than finding the right style that matches the rest of the room, but isn't the right size.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

If you're not opposed to cc, try Brazen Lotus. She's an awesome modder who separates the mattresses from the bedframes and, sometimes, makes single/double versions of the more attractive beds (toddler versions, too). Her site is in transition right now. However, I suspect that she'll be up and running shortly.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    I think this is very stereotypical, me and my sister had too share a double bed growing up we stuck Disney stickers too the head board, a colourful duvet, our mum had issues with money but always done her best, me and my sister had a good childhood regardless and we also learned too appreciated everything we have, earn everything, the world owes you nothing, It was a brilliant too our characters being very far from rich, were not spoiled brats 😂
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    When my Spellcaster twins grew to child age, I got them a double bed to share.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited December 2021
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I think this is very stereotypical, me and my sister had too share a double bed growing up we stuck Disney stickers too the head board, a colourful duvet, our mum had issues with money but always done her best, me and my sister had a good childhood regardless and we also learned too appreciated everything we have, earn everything, the world owes you nothing, It was a brilliant too our characters being very far from rich, were not spoiled brats 😂

Same here but this is a fantasy, USA inspired world we are playing in, so reasonable. I doubt if many but the well off kids have the room for a double bed in the UK the way our houses are built these days. No storage space. My niece did manage a 4ft one though as she wanted her collie to sleep beside the bed. (if not on)!