Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did Discover University Meet Your Expectations?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes! Discover University exceeded my expectations!
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    The fact that we can pick two different universities and can live on or off campus to study is a great option. My sims just became parents, so one can study at home while caring for their son and take turns that way. I like that and how there is a bit of rivalry going on.

Also can roommates anywhere as long as you have a spare bed/room for them.

I wished we gotten some dating website or improved education for the younger sims; but as for the college life, they did great.

I guess I am the oddball that loves Island Living. It was not a disaster to me and didn't expect it. I mean mermaids and ocean versus homework?

Funny you said this. I love island living.
    I'm happy with university but trust and believe I'm currently in sulani swimming with mermaids which I definitely enjoy more than homework lol. Left my poor university sim to study alone 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Discover University met my expectations.
    Yes it did yes.
  • Options
    surftheoceansurftheocean Posts: 4 New Member
    Discover University did NOT meet my expectations.
    Not really, almost. I really appreciate the detail that they put in the expansion pack; well done. But I still feel the campus is dead, and my sim doesn't get any invites for college-related things like they did in Sims 3 University, I have to host them. The only invites are from people from their hometown; it's like they never left home. The campus also isn't as active as it was in Sims 3. But other than that, I really appreciate the team for putting lots of detail in, I think they just forgot the simpler things that mattered more.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Yes! Discover University exceeded my expectations!
    I expected nothing, since I don't care for University stuff. But honestly, I was pleasantly surprised. The school atmosphere is really fun, bikes and balls are nice additions to the game, it gives my sims something to strive for, and my sims can still use the school campus classes without going to college.

I feel like we need more hobbies and group activities to spice things up. But I haven't touched the Organization stuff yet, and I'm sure they'll scratch that itch.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Folks going to put it in here as I've seen a few comments that aren't really that respectful. Whether you like the pack or not that's no reason to put people down. What one person enjoys you may not and they shouldn't be put down for that and vice versa.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Discover University met my expectations.
    I think I am still getting familiar with this pack because I've only been playing one journey through university so far when I have had the time. I haven't had anyone graduate yet and there's a lot that I have not yet gotten into.

I can say that it has at least met my expectations. It's a pack that I play because it feels like it is "part of the sims" and it offers ways to make some more complex sim households. The pack hits the mark in terms of allowing me to let my sims have customized experiences. I think the roommates are funny. I'm glad that you can decide how challenging to make the experience for each sim.

I like the detail of each degree and the ability to study electives. I tend to play more academic sims so they hang out a lot in the commons while doing homework, practicing other skills or out in the quad. I've only played Britechester so far.

There are a couple of things that could improve but generally, I think it is a funny pack that also allows for seriousness and challenge for those wanting that. I even get the joke about why the sims keep being offered lobsters (to make fun of their rivals). Eh, sure, I'd recommend it. I do think it is replayable.

Also, the world is great, I'd just add a few more lots where you can have more off-campus residences. It's one of my favorite worlds. I'd make the whole area with the pub playable beyond university if I could.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.