Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

requesting people to make new versions of these traits

MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
edited November 2019 in CAS Custom Content
I would like people to please see if they can remake these traits because for certain reasons.. (the creator retired their traits, or has retired themselves so there's no way to get permission for making new versions of the traits) and even with the video Zerbu's mod constutor (which is updated for Nov 2019) its really to complicated for me to use to do it myself (also: I wouldn't have any clues about which buffs would be appropriate for each trait). I mean as long as the original creator is credited what's the harm in making new versions of the traits?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cDKbM9D1iOPxOWWaNAOw2-JSoVXnGWcv?usp=sharing
6adMCGP.gif
Post edited by MadameLee on

Comments

• Options
    or is there a way for a non-modder to figure out how to update these traits themselves?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Please really want these traits and since I can't update myself. And a lot of the modders who original made these traits have retired so I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP PLEASE...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    PLEASE there are a million traits which can't be fixed unless someone does it.. and I really want to use these traits but if the creator isn't going to export it someone else need to do it.. PLEASE... I EVEN UPLOADED THE TRAITS to GOOGLE DRIVE SO THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON WHY I'm not getting **** help..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited November 2019
    There is a tutorial you could try here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955418/create-a-custom-trait-sims-4-zerbus-mod-constructor-v4-tutorial

You will need Zerbu's Mod Constructor, which has been updated for the latest patch: https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/181782526135/the-sims-4-mod-constructor-v4

also, this is the CC section, not the Mods section so maybe your target audience isn't seeing this.
  • Options
    @Bananas_45 I tried but there's no way for me to open the traits in the Mod constructor since I'm not the original creator. There should be an import setting so others can fix traits that people are no longer supporting or have retired themselves
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Sorry.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    You could try posting in the modding requests section on sims 4 studio.
    http://sims4studio.com/board/13/modding-requests-wcif
  • Options
    gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    edited November 2019
    i really dont understand what this request is about lol, he want those old traits to work on the recent game version is that it?
    traits are scripted mods, and yeah they will stop working on each new version of the game, unlike non-scripted CC, witch we deal more with...

if Zerbu is trully off this thing will be hard to re-produce his traits (i dont deal with scripted mods yet), but might not be the case, i stay 4 months way from modding sims4 then i came back, maybe he come back too...

i did notice a lot of unpatience on the request, almost a despair request... things dont work like this here MadameLee, if you want something nice, fun and FREE, you have to be patient...

• Options
    i think there is someone here that do scripted mods, cant remember who thou
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Bananas_45 I tried but there's no way for me to open the traits in the Mod constructor since I'm not the original creator. There should be an import setting so others can fix traits that people are no longer supporting or have retired themselves

the only way to do this is if the mod original creator ALLOW it, if he does not is ILLEGAL ok? keep that in mind! you cannot, i reapeat you CANNOT edit a mod from another person and re-upload it without his 'go ahead', you are asking for something that can put someone in legal problems...
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @gustavowizard Some of the modders who have made the traits either retired the traits (for instance: Zerbu's swimmer, Closed, and Smug trait got retired with an old mod of his) or have retired themselves from making mods (Drewshivers) for instance. Zerbu's mod constructor is recently got updated.

How can I or anyone get permission from the original creator if the ORIGINAL CREATOR HAS RETIRED FROM COMMUNITY? It's not POSSIBLE to get permission from someone who is NO LONGER AROUND? Do you know you'reSPAMMING the thread which is AGAINST the rules maybe your should EDIT your first post?

So because there are people who made these traits are no longer around (and it also means next to impossible to get permission unless someone is friends with the creator in RL) it means new version of the traits have to be made by other Simmers and the updated mod constructor is way to complicated for me to follow even with the video link (not to mention I don't even know what buffs there are which go with each trait)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @gustavowizard Some of the modders who have made the traits either retired the traits (for instance: Zerbu's swimmer, Closed, and Smug trait got retired with an old mod of his) or have retired themselves from making mods (Drewshivers) for instance. Zerbu's mod constructor is recently got updated.

How can I or anyone get permission from the original creator if the ORIGINAL CREATOR HAS RETIRED FROM COMMUNITY? It's not POSSIBLE to get permission from someone who is NO LONGER AROUND? Do you know you'reSPAMMING the thread which is AGAINST the rules maybe your should EDIT your first post?

So because there are people who made these traits are no longer around (and it also means next to impossible to get permission unless someone is friends with the creator in RL) it means new version of the traits have to be made by other Simmers and the updated mod constructor is way to complicated for me to follow even with the video link (not to mention I don't even know what buffs there are which go with each trait)

you are clear on emotional stress and asking people to do illegal things. i wont respond your topics or interact with you at all, and i recomend all the other modders to not to deal with you, you are not polite or patient.
  • Options
    and i was actually trying to help this guy before he post that lol... the world we live on :D
  • Options

you are clear on emotional stress and asking people to do illegal things. i wont respond your topics or interact with you at all, and i recomend all the other modders to not to deal with you, you are not polite or patient.

how is asking for someone to make new versions of retired traits or retired trait creators illegal?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    and i dont edit posts in cases like this; when the admins see this i want them to be sure what is really happening...
  • Options

how is asking for someone to make new versions of retired traits or retired trait creators illegal?

you have been reported, and yes asking for re-upload a mod of another people is illegal.
  • Options

you have been reported, and yes asking for re-upload a mod of another people is illegal.

Did you get the fact that the MODDERS MIGHT BE RETIRED??" Do you know what RETIRED MEANS?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    you ALREADY edit the first post! you change what you said, how low are you? i pitty the people who help you...
  • Options
    guess what, i took a printscreen of it my friend, i knew you would do something like that...
  • Options
    you ALREADY edit the first post! you change what you said, how low are you? i pitty the people who help you...

and you're just as low by SPAMMING the thread
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    you clear dont know what 'spamming' is also... again, i pitty people who helps you... why dont you do yourself? Jesus.... only people like you to pick on modders... im gonna make sure all the modders i know see what you said...
  • Options
    you clear dont know what 'spamming' is also... again, i pitty people who helps you... why dont you do yourself? Jesus.... only people like you to pick on modders... im gonna make sure all the modders i know see what you said...

actually I DO know what spamming means..obviously you don't.. and according to the forum rules you're spamming.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

actually I DO know what spamming means..obviously you don't.. and according to the forum rules you're spamming.

Good Luck trying to get those traits... bye
  • Options
    just please leave my thread.. if you aren't going to be helpful
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    look here, you post a request 3 times in a row, you are rude you are desperate, after posting THREEE times the same request you say im spamming the chat, this case is on the hand of the adminstrators now, who do you think you are? this is not the way to ask for help, you dont know the basic rule of modding and ask for someone to EDIT and RE-UPLOAD a third party custom content... i hope you get what you deserve for this. and i wont leave 'your' thread, unless i want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top