Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

requesting people to make new versions of these traits

2...Next

Comments

• gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I would like people to please see if they can remake these traits because for certain reasons.. (the creator retired their traits, or has retired themselves so there's no way to get permission for making new versions of the traits) and even with the video Zerbu's mod constutor (which is updated for Nov 2019) its really to complicated for me to use to do it myself (also: I wouldn't have any clues about which buffs would be appropriate for each trait). I mean as long as the original creator is credited what's the harm in making new versions of the traits?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cDKbM9D1iOPxOWWaNAOw2-JSoVXnGWcv?usp=sharing

you edit the post, but we all saw what you said...
    edited November 2019
    i already contact Zerbu on his twitter, i print-screenshot all your post so dont bother edit them... one thing is asking for a illegal thing, the other is to ask for it and be rude when someone TRY TO HELP you by let you know its illegal...

the reason i edit this one is because i remove Zerbus twitter link from it... i dont want to post someone´s social media adress without their permittion, he can end being pested out too..
    Post edited by gustavowizard on
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Even if modders retire, their mods are still their intellectual property.

You're probably better off creating your own version of the traits from scratch, and crediting the original modder for the inspiration.
    did you see the way he talked to me just because i told him that? jeez... these kids today... where is the education??
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    edited November 2019
    happyopi wrote: »

You're probably better off creating your own version of the traits from scratch, and crediting the original modder for the inspiration.

I explained like 3 times.. I can't create these traits myself 1)I wouldn't know the appropriate buffs and 2) even WITH the video for Zerbu's mod constructor its too complicated for me. I tried looking at it 3 times and its like Greek/Chinese to me.

for instance what would buffs be for ADHD? or buffs for Schiz? or Aspger's (besides "overwhelmed")?

@gustavowizard I'm a SHE and I'm been out of school for 18 years so I'm not a "KID"..
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    happyopi wrote: »

I explained like 3 times.. I can't create these traits myself 1)I wouldn't know the appropriate buffs and 2) even WITH the video for Zerbu's mod constructor its too complicated for me. I tried looking at it 3 times and its like Greek/Chinese to me.

for instance what would buffs be for ADHD? or buffs for Schiz? or Aspger's (besides "overwhelmed")?

@gustavowizard I'm a SHE and I'm been out of school for 18 years so I'm not a "KID"..

well you act like a spoiled kid, i did my duty here, i tried to help, i tried to informate and educate you, i give up i wont post here anymore, GL trying to get help with that personality of yours, but stop asking for illegal things or you will get in trouble.
    edited November 2019
    @Bananas_45 could you tell us if this is illegal or not? Since I'm tired of this bully in my thread. I mean since I can't make the traits myself and I explained that THREE different times.. why can i not ask for other modders to make these traits for me? I mean it wasn't illegal when what his name fixed traits for I think Cats and Dogs EP right? I don't have the data available to export the traits myself only the creators do and since I'm not one of them and there's no way of turning the trait back INTO data in Zerbu's mod thing

and there are two choices for me 1)to make the traits myself (impossible for reasons I ALREADY stated several times) or 2)ask other people to make these traits for me.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited November 2019

um that has nothing to do with the SIMS series.. so the rules might be different. There's a difference between uploading and making new versions of the traits. Please if you aren't going to be helpful (which you aren't..just baiting me) just please leave my thread.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited November 2019
    @MadameLee Maybe I didn't explain it well enough in our Discord, but stealing another's intellectual property rights (be it a mod, story, trait, etc) is not only illegal but wrong. You could get someone in trouble for remaking another person's mod/trait, whatever without said modder's permisson. Just because the modder is retired or chooses not to update their mods doesn't give anyone the excuse to steal their work. I'm sorry if you can't- or don't- want to understand that.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @MadameLee Maybe I didn't explain it well enough in our Discord, but stealing another's intellectual property rights (be it a mod, story, trait, etc) is not only illegal but wrong. You could get someone in trouble for remaking another person's mod/trait, whatever without said modder's permisson. Just because the modder is retired or chooses not to update their mods doesn't give anyone the excuse to steal their work. I'm sorry if you can't- or don't- want to understand that.

apreciate you have the patience to teach that to her... i tried but she was rude to me.
    thank you!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Hey @MadameLee I'm not going to weigh in on this but, I will flag this thread and ask that it be closed as it has become contentious.
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Hey @MadameLee I'm not going to weigh in on this but, I will flag this thread and ask that it be closed as it has become contentious.

you prb should, she´s asking illegal thing... i put her on my ignore list.
    I would ask EA but it would take 20+ years to get a reply from them.. if I could have permisson from THEM if I can have someone make new CC traits because some of the creators are no longer around.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, I've gone ahead and closed this thread due to the back and forth arguments. If you do not agree with someone, be constructive and move on. There is no need to go argue to the point that you start being rude to each other.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top