Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new 'transportation' buy mode category being added in the game...

TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
a twitter user has noticed a new buy mode category of transportation on James' sims camp video. i actually don't know what to comment on this but i do think it's just a neat way to put them boats and bikes in one place.

pretty much i'd say that they're gon to release bikes for the kids in the next pack.

as of now, we only have like three forms of transportation and putting them in a dedicated category seems kinda odd to me.

unDAb9J.jpg

y'all got bread?

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i hope cars are coming soon, especially if they were able to fix the water in the older worlds to make them swimmable it shows that they are able to edit pre-existing worlds and edit the old roads into something usable as well.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    So, is that the category that horses will be in eventually? ;)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2019
    a twitter user has noticed a new buy mode category of transportation on James' sims camp video. i actually don't know what to comment on this but i do think it's just a neat way to put them boats and bikes in one place.

pretty much i'd say that they're gon to release bikes for the kids in the next pack.

as of now, we only have like three forms of transportation and putting them in a dedicated category seems kinda odd to me.

unDAb9J.jpg

It's even more likely now cars will be added. I'd look for this to be in Tomorrow's Patch. Maybe this is what Frost meant when he said something else.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited November 2019
    I hope we get children’s bikes and a trike for toddlers, and maybe some other ride ons for them. And I am looking forward to cars and an active mechanic career and hobby. Crossing my fingers.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I hope we get children’s bikes and a trike for toddlers, and maybe some other ride ons for them. And I am looking forward to cars and an active mechanic career and hobby. Crossing my fingers.

We also need row boats that more then 1 sim can use.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

unDAb9J.jpg

It's even more likely now cars will be added. I'd look for this to be in Tomorrow's Patch. Maybe this is what Frost meant when he said something else.

He said it wasn't cars and why would he a tease a new category for the search menu?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options

unDAb9J.jpg

He said it wasn't cars and why would he a tease a new category for the search menu?

I didnt mean we were getting cars now but in the future. The new catagory is also for bikes,boats and brooms.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Wouldn’t it also just place the water jet things from IL? Idk what they’re called, don’t have the pack
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it also just place the water jet things from IL? Idk what they’re called, don’t have the pack

Yes boats which also includes the jet ski and canoues aka sailboats.
  • Options
    LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

We also need row boats that more then 1 sim can use.

this!!! i hope they add bikes for the kiddo's and boats for more than one sim
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    While they're reworking buy mode, it'd be great if they moved bars and other party stuff to their own category.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Now they need to add cars to it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Interesting! :o I'm looking forward to having cars, motorbikes, helicopters, boats, to name a few... :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Interesting! :o I'm looking forward to having cars, motorbikes, helicopters, boats, to name a few... :D

You know, come to think of it, they could've already introduced ownable helicopters because they don't need a working road system. All you need is to have them fly in the atmosphere and then show a loading screen. Makes you wonder why they haven't done so.
    So, is that the category that horses will be in eventually? ;)

Ah yes, can't wait for them buyable horses

2eb198.jpg
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

You know, come to think of it, they could've already introduced ownable helicopters because they don't need a working road system. All you need is to have them fly in the atmosphere and then show a loading screen. Makes you wonder why they haven't done so.

It makes me wonder too. :o

If we could have drones, UFO, flying brooms/mops they might as well make a bigger version of flying transportation for our Sims! ;)

Talking about flying object, it would be awesome if we could have a flying bike or floating/flying umbrella for our spell caster or even a flying carpet. Am thinking of a possibility of a new pack, with 1001 nights inspiration.
  • Options

If we could have drones, UFO, flying brooms/mops they might as well make a bigger version of flying transportation for our Sims! ;)

Talking about flying object, it would be awesome if we could have a flying bike or floating/flying umbrella for our spell caster or even a flying carpet. Am thinking of a possibility of a new pack, with 1001 nights inspiration.

Oooooohhhhh you know, we've never gotten a flying carpet before, but that would be super interesting. And it'd be functionally identical to the witch broom anyway so they can just recycle some things
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think that's wht glimmerbrook has drivewaves. But I don't think they're coming now.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    I think that's wht glimmerbrook has drivewaves. But I don't think they're coming now.

Del Sol Valley had driveways and that was a year ago. Brindleton Bay had decorative parking spots in the world and that was two years ago. Who even knows if the addition of a transportation category actually means something is coming soon? 🤔

• Options

The fact that they've added a transportation catagory makes cars more likely to come in a future pack or update.
  • Options

Oooooohhhhh you know, we've never gotten a flying carpet before, but that would be super interesting. And it'd be functionally identical to the witch broom anyway so they can just recycle some things

Perhaps, we could have it someday soon! :D
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Tbf it does feel like they’ve been hinting forever about cars.

But didn’t they also say it took them like 2/3 years to finish toddlers? All these other transports coming along (horses included), it feels odd cars aren’t a thing.
    I just hope if they do bring them in, they revisit the possible vehicles that could have come with previous packs? Obvious example being the military trucks and camper vans from strangerville, but what kind of vehicles would have come with Get to work? San Myshuno, Windenburg, Brindleton Bay, Del Sol Valley etc they could have all come with their own cool vehicles, especially as they would just be copy paste items for the devs, something we know they love ;)

I also hope we get taxis or maybe even public transport? I notice some neighbourhoods have trams for example, or at least the earlier neighbourhoods didn’t all have driveways. I get some sims would of course be walking around, but maybe it’d be cool if instead they spawned in on a bus? Again they could do a different bus/tram whatever, for each world (tons of possibilities)? I get they’d essentially be rabbit holes, with no animations, similar to City living elevators but I’d be happy with that. It would still be a nice touch and bring a lot of life to each neighbourhood I think
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    WTH! I see it! It’s finally here! It’s here!!! Without cars I guess
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Doubt it. Probably just bikes, brooms, jet skies and canoes. I can't see cars coming to Sims 4 the way the worlds were built.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2019
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i hope cars are coming soon, especially if they were able to fix the water in the older worlds to make them swimmable it shows that they are able to edit pre-existing worlds and edit the old roads into something usable as well.

The funny thing is near the beginning when we were complaining about lack of worlds and world sizes, they said the worlds were not only changeable but expandable and they made it sound like they could add extra to them in the future. Still havent seen even a little bit of that put in to practice though
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    They didn’t say anything about that In the Maxis Monthly, did they ?