Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You can control Servo and change appearance/traits!!! Yay!

I am so happy for the return of controllable Servos. Very surprised you can actually change appearance/traits!

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Now let's see if having a Servo doesn't get old fast...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2019
    Now let's see if having a Servo doesn't get old fast...

You could say this about any feature though? If you use a feature over and over and over you will tire of it. That is why, when I get a new pack, I don't just dive in and focus solely on the new pack. I mix and match according to each household and sim character and what I think they'd enjoy or pursue. Not to mention I've loved mods since Sims 1. There are many ways to keep things interesting and fresh!
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,107 Member
    What's Servo?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    What's Servo?

a robot for your household its been around since the original Sims
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Servo
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    They said they made no new traits so I'm guessing servo just has the normal traits we already have?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    You can change servos colors but I believe they said you can't change their appearance.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Talking about the servo, am thinking to create a World Domination club with my vampire Sim as the leader and the rest are my Servo minions. Glad that the servo is returned! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You can change servos colors but I believe they said you can't change their appearance.

That is what I meant by appearance. At least it's something and much more detailed than I pictured in my mind originally. They also have their own traits you can choose. It almost is a Servo/Plumbot mix!
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    At least TS4 servos are more customizable than TS1 or TS2 servos, or the TS3 simbots. I agree that they do resemble Plumbots a bit, but without the wide variations in appearance or in microchip types. I do remember how disappointing TS3 Simbots were (one reason why they were redone as Plumbots I think); basically their motives (with the exception of Hygiene) were the same as those of regular sims, just with different names, and they could sleep in beds. These servos will at least be miles better than that. I really like them in part because they have unique motives (Charge and Durability), can wear out and break, and can't tolerate water, which makes them very different from regular sims. I wonder if they can recharge in the sun like the TS2 servos. Their animations and appearance also look really excellent.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    I have fond memories of TS2 servos and I'm pleased to see them return. They look really good and I like the maintenance part. Not sure yet how I'm going to incorporate them to my game... in TS2 my sister used to keep a robot shop and I think that's where my sims got their servos.
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    I have fond memories of TS2 servos and I'm pleased to see them return. They look really good and I like the maintenance part. Not sure yet how I'm going to incorporate them to my game... in TS2 my sister used to keep a robot shop and I think that's where my sims got their servos.

I am not sure if you watched the stream but they specifically mentioned how you can sell these in a shop in you have Get to Work!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

I am not sure if you watched the stream but they specifically mentioned how you can sell these in a shop in you have Get to Work!

Yes I watched it :smile: I'm definitely considering making a shop. I haven't really played retail though, so unsure if I want my played sims to run the shop.
  • Options

Yes I watched it :smile: I'm definitely considering making a shop. I haven't really played retail though, so unsure if I want my played sims to run the shop.

Having retail shops of variety is fun in the game. In my save file I choose one person that owns most of the retail shops in the worlds and then set it up to my liking. I usually make my prices low. Once that is set up you can have your other sims visit these functioning retail shops with varying themes. It is so immersive and fun for storytelling. I always tell myself I am going to stop using build mode to buy certain things and pretend my sims have to go to the furniture store or a toy store for example. It's just another fun way to play retail without actually having to own and run the shop! :)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2019

Having retail shops of variety is fun in the game. In my save file I choose one person that owns most of the retail shops in the worlds and then set it up to my liking. I usually make my prices low. Once that is set up you can have your other sims visit these functioning retail shops with varying themes. It is so immersive and fun for storytelling. I always tell myself I am going to stop using build mode to buy certain things and pretend my sims have to go to the furniture store or a toy store for example. It's just another fun way to play retail without actually having to own and run the shop! :)

Thanks for sharing this idea I want to try this! 🤗
    And I agree with your above post, I never grind on A pack until I get bored. I'm going to integrate university and its features slowly into my regular play style and stories. I might have a lot of complaints about sims but getting bored is not one of them lol. I still have things I have not even tried yet including retail. I'm going to try out your idea though.

In fact you just sparked an idea. I have a poor sim with barely any nice clothes to wear who I was planning on having her meet a rich vampire that helps her out. I'm going to use your retail method to build shops including a clothing mall or shop so they can have a grand time shopping for new stuff lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Never played with servos so this is going to be fun and exciting. I'm not really into robots but I will find a place for them in my game. That hover outfit for the sims was so cool I was amazed! :p
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'm very pleased that Sims 2 robotics have returned.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Thanks for sharing this idea I want to try this! 🤗
    And I agree with your above post, I never grind on A pack until I get bored. I'm going to integrate university and its features slowly into my regular play style and stories. I might have a lot of complaints about sims but getting bored is not one of them lol. I still have things I have not even tried yet including retail. I'm going to try out your idea though.

In fact you just sparked an idea. I have a poor sim with barely any nice clothes to wear who I was planning on having her meet a rich vampire that helps her out. I'm going to use your retail method to build shops including a clothing mall or shop so they can have a grand time shopping for new stuff lol.

Yay! I am happy that I inspired you with ideas. I love making themed restaurants to visit too. Oh and by making I mean downloading from the gallery! I am not the best builder though with 4 I have built the most over past iterations. It makes the communities more alive in your game.