Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romantic Relationship

AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Basically, my two Sims who are both young adults, living together and by editing the relationship are engaged and they can both easily carry out romantic interactions are not having a romance bar. Whenever they complete romantic actions, it just comes up as a friendly interaction after so their friend bar is all the way but their romance bar is non-existent which makes zero sense. Sorry if this is a silly question with an obvious answer but it is really annoying and stopping my game from progressing! I'd also rather not use any cheats as I would just prefer this issue to be resolved for the future. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hi there. This is the TS3 section of the forum and there is no romance bar in TS3. Might this have been a TS4 question?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Moved this over to The Sims 4 area :smile:
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited October 2019
    Kinda late but
    Are you flirting in a succession? Because in my case you need to use more than one romantic action in a row otherwise flirting will contribute to the friendship bar...for some reason.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    edited November 2019
    Last year I asked here about possible chemistry system in The Sims 4. I recognized, that my Sim sometimes prefered one Sim, romances could go easy or very slow (like in Your game - sims flirting and nothing). Now I’m almost sure: Sims have hidden preferences.
    When you start a new game, the sim has set what he likes and dislikes - eyes, hair, features, clothing colors, silhouette, clothing style. It is hidden but the developers have left some tips.
    See what interactions the game offers at the beginning, when Your Sim chatting with another. click on Sim and see these first few interactions. They are associated with the mood of Sim, but if the Sim talking with stranger then there may appear a flirt or praise look (when he is in happy mood or even ”white, blank mood” - sorry, I’m not an English speaker).
    The risky question works like "do you like what you see". You can use it to see if there is chemistry between Sims. This does not always work but in well-matched pairs the risky question almost always works.

Fortunately, if you introduce a marriage to the game (you just set it in CAS, even if they are not „new” and You played them earlier in different saves), the game will set them up so that they like each other. Then just use the MCC mod and divorce them and then make them forget about all their affairs.
    You already have a two roommates who will be like each other.

I am not sure about that but I think that attractiveness changes during the game. Maybe when you hold them together a long year, they will start to like each other. ;)

I'm sure of it 90%. I play a lot, many pairs. Also, a modder helped me understand how it works. His mod led me to this solution. It works for me.
    Post edited by Aericia on
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl