Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS1 ---> TS4 rebuilds

KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
So, once upon a time I was part of a Sims 1 fansite. We had most everything there: objects, skins, walls/floors/roof (most of them mine), and houses. We did many collaborations, where some built the houses, others made objects/walls/floors. It was really a lot of fun :)

I've been working on "rebuilding" the site, revive it. I've gotten a lot done, but of course a lot remains. Now since I don't have TS1 installed currently, I can't really get all the houses sorted and uploaded to the site. It would require a LOT of work also, since I'm missing so much of the CC they contained. So I thought, why not build them in TS4 instead? I've been looking for a bigger project to work on, and this seemed to do nicely. I've done 7 so far, and I've been having a blast with it :)

Of course, I've had to make adjustments on all houses. Some of these houses had HUGE rooms with not much in them. I think I've done more reasonably sized rooms :D The build tools are different, there were no foundations, we had auto-roof (really nice, but could look a tad odd), and most of the houses we built had garages. There are no cars in TS4, so I don't see the need to build those.

Without further ado (only posting one pic of each):

Burgundy Bliss: This was the first house I worked on with the 2 founding members of the staff. They built the house, I made walls/floors for it (including garage door walls :D ).

Original:
N4Erxfl.jpg
TS4 version:
vJJvk2r.png

French Country Garden: Another collab with the 2 founders and me.

Original:
MPqWvoz.jpg
TS4:
qP2HKKd.png

Alluring Arches:

Original:
LBWq1BE.jpg
TS4 (made the garage into a greenhouse instead):
Xl4YRFv.png

Home is where the heart is: Another collab :)

Original:
l70wrrV.jpg

TS4:
XCJ6iLF.png

Wispy Wilds:

Original:
pOpfkWF.jpg

TS4:
RL9IFip.png

Autumn House:

Original:
lieEHJy.jpg

TS4:
R4Hf9x4.png

Birch House:

Original (this is the only pic I had of this house, no interiors or other exterior images):
j1rXWaK.jpg

TS4:
1u4odmc.png

Comments