Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to School/ University

I have a few suggestions for this topic. I know it's a lot but it's a thought that could potentially be put into the sims by creators. Feel free to add on if you like!
I think for the get to school should be based on grade school-highschool. With that being said, here are my suggestions:
[WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO decide WHETHER TO JOIN OR SEND OUR SIMS ALONE]
[ALSO, SHOULD BE ABLE TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT WE WANT OUR KIDS IN PRIVATE OR PUBLIC SCHOOL]
{IF WE CHOOSE PRIVATE, LET US PAY A CERTAIN EXPENSIVE PRICE FOR EACH CHILD/PRETEEN/TEEN, HAVE TO TAKE A TEST TO SEE IF QUALIFY AS WELL AS LET THE HEADMASTER COME AND EXPECT TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE A GOOD FIT}

Grade School:
SHOW N TELL- ( Can bring their favorite toy to show to class and friends or even their pets whether it is a puppy, kitten, bird, fish, turtle, hamster/guinea pig/rat, snake, lizard, or a bunny)
FIELD TRIPS- (they can visit museums, parks or any of the generic places we have built) THEY MUST ALSO HAVE PERMISSION FROM PARENT/GUARDIAN.

Middle School:
(Need pre-teens!!!)
SCHOOL DANCE- Where pre-teens can dance, play games, and fun with friends and maybe get their first kiss from their crush, but be careful there will chaperones!
PUBERTY- males (have them get a moodlet when voice squeaks) female: (stomach pains; doesn’t have to be explicit)
Both: get acne ( I know that we have the option to put acne on their face but I like how in sims 2 they get it unexpectedly and freaks out and uses cream to help clear their face. It’s just more realistic that way.)
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES- Let them choose between different clubs to join whether it is band, chorus, or dance

High School:
PROM- Let them be able to ask one another to be each other's prom dates, purchase prom tickets, purchase corsage/boutonniere, and rent a limo
DRIVER’S ED/Driving School- let the teens be able to take driver's ed in high school or enroll them into a driving school where a driving instructor will arrive at your sims house to pick up your teen sim. Also, let them stay in that class for a certain amount of weeks and take a test a test to pass to get their licenses.
SPORTS- let them join football, soccer, cheerleading, wrestling, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, or swim team.
CLUBS- Honors Society [only if you meet the criteria], Student Council, Debate Club, Drama Club, Art Club, Band, Chorus, or Book Club
{Should be able to apply for grants/scholarships to go towards whatever university they decide to go to}
{Should be able to apply for either Sims State University or a more Preppy University (not sure what to name it)}

Home School:
{Can be for grade school-high school}
{Will be costly for a tutor}
{Most take a test to receive a high school diploma}

University:
(At the University; must be attending)
{Should be able to double major}
{Can go for Bachelor, Masters, Doctorate, and PhD}
{Parents should be able to drop off their teens. If a young adult, they can drive themselves}
{Should also be able to transfer to another college or even drop out}
{Graduation should be a nice, fun, and quick ceremony that will create memories and moodlets}
{Students will either have to go to the bookstore to buy their books or order them. Also, the bookstore can also be where the buy the school merchandise}
{Have a cafeteria/café on campus where the sim students can use their school id to purchase or use simoleons}
{When a Sim is accepted into a school, they can receive their school id, school logo flag or whatever small goodies that can be sent}
THE SIMS CAN USE THERE SCHOLARSHIPS TOWARDS ADMISSIONS WHETHER THEY RECEIVE A FULL RIDE OR NOT. IF THEY HAVE NO SCHOLARSHIPS THEN MUST BE PAID IN FULL!
Sims State University- kind of affordable, but is the main college sims will attend
Sports: Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, and Baseball. {Students should be able to purchase a ticket to attend the sports games}
Majors: Science ( Can be a scientist, doctor, nurse, dentist, chemistry, engineering, sports medicine or veterinarian)
Business (Marketing, Business Administration/Management, Finance/Accounting, Social Media/Communications, or Real Estate )
Arts (Theater, Film Maker, Gaming/Graphic Design, Music, Event Manager, Fashion Designer, Arts Studio, Interior Design, or Fine/Studio )
Simlish (Journalism, Creative Writing, Writer, Librarian, or Poetry)
Culinary (Baking, Experimental, Pastries, or Chef)
History ( Anthropologist, or Historian)
Law (Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Paralegal, Prelaw, or Law Enforcement Administration/Corrections)
Education (Early Childhood Education, Home Economics Education, or Technology/Industrial Arts )
Sports (Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Physical Education for Coaching or Teaching, Physical Therapy, or Sports Communication )
Events: Community Service, Farmer's Market, Mentorship Programs, Career Fair, Meet and Greet Night, Internships, Tutoring from the professor, or Sorority/Fraternity

Preppy University- expensive and must take a test and pass it before attending
Sports: Tennis, Golf, Swim Team, or Lacross. {Students should be able to purchase a ticket to attend the sports games}
Majors: Science ( Can be a scientist, doctor, nurse, dentist, chemistry, engineering, sports medicine or veterinarian)
Business (Marketing, Business Administration/Management, Finance/Accounting, Communications, or Real Estate )
Arts (Theater, Film Maker, Gaming/Graphic Design, Music, Event Manager, Fashion Designer, Arts Studio, Interior Design, or Fine/Studio )
Simlish (Journalism, Creative Writing, Writer, Librarian, or Poetry )
History (Anthropologist, or Historian )
Law (Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Paralegal, Prelaw, or Law Enforcement Administration/Corrections )
Education (Early Childhood Education, Home Economics Education, or Technology/Industrial Arts )
Sports (Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Physical Education for Coaching or Teaching, Physical Therapy, or Sports Communication )
Events: Community Service, Farmer's Market, Mentorship Programs, Career Fair, Meet and Greet Night, Internships, Tutoring from professor or Sorority/Fraternity

College Online School- For sims who are parents who want to go back to school but can't due to having children, not enough time or simply the funds
Business (Marketing, Business Administration/Management, Finance/Accounting, Communications, or Real Estate )
Law (Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Paralegal, Prelaw, or Law Enforcement Administration/Corrections )

Tech- Affordable, only get an Associates Degree
Major: Science ( Can be a scientist, doctor, nurse, dentist, chemistry, engineering, sports medicine or veterinarian)
Culinary (Baking, Experimental, Pastries, or Chef )

ADD ON IF YOU LIKE!

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    I would love a pack like this that includes something for all age groups and not just young single adults. I really love your ideas, especially homeschooling and online/open courses. I would also love to see some practical courses/careers for my handy sims e.g. car mechanic and new traits e.g. socially awkward.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't see them doing anything other than a Uni pack.
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    I would love a pack like this that includes something for all age groups and not just young single adults. I really love your ideas, especially homeschooling and online/open courses. I would also love to see some practical courses/careers for my handy sims e.g. car mechanic and new traits e.g. socially awkward.

Thanks! I totally agree with you! I love that idea!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    But did you ever see them doing a pack about defeating a Mother Plant with a town of infected Sims? A high school pack sounds so much more reasonable and wanted.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    But did you ever see them doing a pack about defeating a Mother Plant with a town of infected Sims? A high school pack sounds so much more reasonable and wanted.

Lies! LIES!

Anyways, I think it should be called University Living. Then one more Expansion with no "Living" or "Get" and we'll have 9 expansions, 3 for each "category" ("Get" Expansions, "Living" Expansions, and "Neither" Expansions) and they can start focusing on bugs.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Actually by the time info for a pack leaks out that pack is being polished up and finished - it is far to late to add anything else to the pack by this time. Most packs i have tested which were finished except for polishing was a good three months before the pack came out. It is way to late to add anything to a Uni pack - but a great idea for the Sims 5. This pack is coming out in a month and a day - they will be lucky to finish the polishing and testing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I really hope University brings more group activities for our Sims, also for families (incl. children and toddlers). I keep encountering the problem that I don't know what to do with my Sims when they have days off.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Defeating the Mother Plant was fun and something we have never had before. Grade/High School would be a very watered down version of Uni at best. I can't imagine anything more boring than following kids/teens around school during school hours. With the loud few against having a menu (ala GTW) to follow, and your sims just doing their own thing, how do you see this pack unfolding? Exactly what repeated daily challenges will your sim be required to perform in some random order? Take a test maybe? Exciting! Will all students take the same test or will just your sim? Will there be different grade levels (freshman, sophomore, etc.) or will all four years be the same few tasks over and over?

Please educate me by giving me a run down of how you see a day in a kids/teens school life playing out. I'm curious and I'm sure the devs would be fascinated by your many ideas.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Gosh I wanted a highschool pack so bad... your ideas are amazing but I agree, it's too late for them to add that plus people have been BEGGING for university. So that's what were getting unfortunately :(
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Defeating the Mother Plant was fun and something we have never had before. Grade/High School would be a very watered down version of Uni at best. I can't imagine anything more boring than following kids/teens around school during school hours. With the loud few against having a menu (ala GTW) to follow, and your sims just doing their own thing, how do you see this pack unfolding? Exactly what repeated daily challenges will your sim be required to perform in some random order? Take a test maybe? Exciting! Will all students take the same test or will just your sim? Will there be different grade levels (freshman, sophomore, etc.) or will all four years be the same few tasks over and over?

Please educate me by giving me a run down of how you see a day in a kids/teens school life playing out. I'm curious and I'm sure the devs would be fascinated by your many ideas.

I'll be honest, I used the Get to School mod for a while and it was exactly like that. I got so bored and fed up with glitches with it that I just uninstalled it entirely.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I hope all your dreams come true! Unfortunately I think the version of University that is speculatively coming out in one month is probably all finished at this point.