Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[EA Account] Turn on Login Verification & get a free month of Origin Access in November

Comments

• Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited October 2019
    I've tried this thing many times over the past weeks, but I can't make it work...

On my site at https://myaccount.ea.com it says they sent me a verification code to a mail address that seems correct, but I receive no code... So what can I do? I don't find any other way to turn on the security feature, but with no code I can't do it.
    Strange :neutral: Can you check your email spam folder to make sure our email didn't end up there? If that doesn't help, please, reach out to one of our advisers so they can look into this for you >> https://help.ea.com
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    I've tried this thing many times over the past weeks, but I can't make it work...

On my site at https://myaccount.ea.com it says they sent me a verification code to a mail address that seems correct, but I receive no code... So what can I do? I don't find any other way to turn on the security feature, but with no code I can't do it.
    Strange :neutral: Can you check your email spam folder to make sure our email didn't end up there? If that doesn't help, please, reach out to one of our advisers so they can look into this for you >> https://help.ea.com

Thanks for feedback! I sorted the thing, might have been a problem on my mail server. All fine :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options

Thanks for feedback! I sorted the thing, might have been a problem on my mail server. All fine :)
    Glad to hear! :)
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    So...we're supposed to have Origin Basic now? I certainly don't...
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited November 2019
    So...we're supposed to have Origin Basic now? I certainly don't...

Nor me, lol.
    My Origin shows it like this:
    wxFm7v0.png

Also, if I am understanding it correctly, Origin Basic is basically like a "trial" for games anyway, so I'd likely not enjoy that very much. It shows membership as 10 hours limit per game, and, not all games listed in Origin are included in this. Sometimes it takes longer than that to find out if you like a game, (especially in my life, where I am often having to go do something else while playing games). That leaves the timer going, and time lost.

After retrying, it changed to this, with no error, but still not showing the Origin Basic added.
    (At least not in any way that's obvious.)
    mEz4jmm.png
    Eh, whatever. I lost my interest since it's a more limited collection (than the Premier membership) of 10-hour trials anyway. :/
    (I guess it would have been good for me if I were interested in a handful of games and wanted to try first. But at this point, I am not going to stress myself wondering why the Basic membership doesn't seem to be there.)

Have a great Simming/game weekend! :)
    Post edited by LatteCrab on
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @LindsaySeddon1 @LatteCrab I went to make sure I remembered it right from the info page (here)
    ou’ll get your month of Origin Access Basic starting on or after November 1, 2019. If you don’t get your free* month right away, please wait a few days.
  • Options
    @LindsaySeddon1 @LatteCrab I went to make sure I remembered it right from the info page (here)
    ou’ll get your month of Origin Access Basic starting on or after November 1, 2019. If you don’t get your free* month right away, please wait a few days.

Reading so many things, I forgot about the "few days" part. :DThanks for reminding. :)
    (I'm mostly disappointed it's a 10-hour limit, per game membership. I guess they want people mostly going for the 3X$ membership, to remove that time limit. I'm one of those that don't like to give back/give up, games, once I download them. I guess I'm weird, lol. :* )
  • Options
    LatteCrab wrote: »

Reading so many things, I forgot about the "few days" part. :DThanks for reminding. :)
    (I'm mostly disappointed it's a 10-hour limit, per game membership. I guess they want people mostly going for the 3X$ membership, to remove that time limit. I'm one of those that don't like to give back/give up, games, once I download them. I guess I'm weird, lol. :* )

I totally missed the 10hr limit so thank you for mentioning that!

I'm the same. It's interesting to try out Access but I prefer having the games & not having to worry about losing them if I don't have membership money for a while. But the discount is handy.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I missed the time limit too, but I mainly want to test some games to see if I want to buy them so it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Hey there! Totally normal if you don't have it yet even if you have Login Verification on, may take a few days (as you already quoted from the article).

About the 10 hour trials - keep in mind this is only for the early access to upcoming games. But the games available in The Vault? These, which are those 235 that the table mentions - you can play them as much as you want while you are an Origin Access member. This FAQ may be more clear than that table ;)
  • Options
    Hey there! Totally normal if you don't have it yet even if you have Login Verification on, may take a few days (as you already quoted from the article).

About the 10 hour trials - keep in mind this is only for the early access to upcoming games. But the games available in The Vault? These, which are those 235 that the table mentions - you can play them as much as you want while you are an Origin Access member. This FAQ may be more clear than that table ;)

Ah, now it's all sorted out - and cleared up - in my head. Thanks for that. :)

(Silly me not to pay better attention to those charts I screenshot, lol. This is what I get for putting my coffee in fridge after a few sips. It's just one of those days. :s Especially after last night, aka, Halloween night, or technically around 1:30 AM. I was with my younger son in the kitchen, since he was hungry. I went to put a drink back in fridge. Except there was a HUGE spider that dangled in front of me, right into the fridge, and scared the heck outta me and I haven't been able to think normal since. My son used to make fun of me, and even he was creeped-out. Now I am scared of my fridge, lol. )

Anyway, now it's all cleared up for me. Thanks to those that helped. :)
  • Options
    LatteCrab wrote: »

Ah, now it's all sorted out - and cleared up - in my head. Thanks for that. :)

(Silly me not to pay better attention to those charts I screenshot, lol. This is what I get for putting my coffee in fridge after a few sips. It's just one of those days. :s Especially after last night, aka, Halloween night, or technically around 1:30 AM. I was with my younger son in the kitchen, since he was hungry. I went to put a drink back in fridge. Except there was a HUGE spider that dangled in front of me, right into the fridge, and scared the heck outta me and I haven't been able to think normal since. My son used to make fun of me, and even he was creeped-out. Now I am scared of my fridge, lol. )

Anyway, now it's all cleared up for me. Thanks to those that helped. :)

Glad to hear!
    And... ehhh I'd say a spider sounds on topic for Halloween night but spiders at 1:30 AM are no joke! :scream:
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member

Thank you so much for clearing up that 10 hour thing, I was starting to think it wasn't actually worth it...
  • Options
    @LatteCrab I wanted to hit like on your reply there but the whole spider thing is making my brain refuse to "like" anything :scream: At least the timing was on point for Halloween, I guess.
  • Options
    SocramSocram Posts: 1 New Member
    Sooo... is there any ETA on when we can expect Origin access Basic to be unlocked for November?
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I still don't have it either :/
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited November 2019
    It's the 3rd. I would expect to have received it by now, I was hoping to try out The Sims 3...

Edit: Also, can we play Vault games on a Mac? I tried to join a while back but it said I could only use the game on a device that runs Windows. This seems pretty unfair to me, as I don't own any Microsoft products.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    @nerdfashion 'fraid it's Windows only.
    Even so, if you updated to Catalina on your Mac, TS3 wouldn't work right now :( (it's not 64bit until they roll out the compatible version)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @nerdfashion 'fraid it's Windows only.
    Even so, if you updated to Catalina on your Mac, TS3 wouldn't work right now :( (it's not 64bit until they roll out the compatible version)

*sigh* guess I don't care anymore :(
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    edited November 2019
    I was doing this in October. How do i know if I have gotten it? Thanks. I wanna play project highrise. B)
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Will we be told when we can access the free games by Email or by going to my origin account. I haven't received any messages yet.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I only have origin for the Sims 4. :D
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    I hope it kicks in soon. I was hoping to get that 10% Origin Access discount on Discover University... ;)
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I still don't have mine
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    I still don't have my free month of Origin Access Basic.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA