Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there any way to keep townies from spawning hideous outfits in the Magic World?

Any mods or any other way? I don't really mind that townies spawn there since they are ones I never play with anyway, but the clothes they come in! Argh! This is especially frustrating to me since I go through every townie family and adjust their wardrobe so that they don't look like CAS threw up on them. But there is no way to fix those magic outfits in game that I could find.

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    There are two mods that I know of:

realmofmagicsituationoutfitfix by Bienchen: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-reich-der-magie/

RoM - No Situation Outfits in MagicHQ by Zero: https://www.patreon.com/posts/rom-no-situation-29884109
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there's also a way to do it without mods, but it takes a lot more effort... and cheating. and doesn't work on sims that have already been in the magic realm...

there's a 'spellcaster premade' hidden trait that seems to lock sims into using their default everyday outfit while in the magic realm. i've been giving that and a few other traits to a lot of my created townies, though it entails making sure they're on my active lot, using a cheat to get their sim id and then using that id to apply a minimum of 3 hidden traits to them... so, a lot more work than just installing a mod
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Keep in mind, that, if I’m correct, the mod is only going to prevent new Spellcaster townies from spawning in situation outfits. So it’s recommended for a new save or a save that hasn’t been touched after RoM came out.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited October 2019
    logion wrote: »
    There are two mods that I know of:

realmofmagicsituationoutfitfix by Bienchen: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-reich-der-magie/

RoM - No Situation Outfits in MagicHQ by Zero: https://www.patreon.com/posts/rom-no-situation-29884109

Using the one from Zero now but I still have a few makes that dress weird.

It is just so irritating to battle with this all the time.

tumblr_pyrf57SGRT1ytk708o1_540.png
    When I dress my sims
    Worked hard to get my future teacher in spellcasting just right. The perfect CC-hat and I am just so happy! He is finally in my mainsave and IHHH. IT IS SO EXCITING!!

f49523b20e79d77c2b009ac3e9673d01b4cd1bf7.png
    When the game dresses my sims
    Here I rotated away to a different townie and what happened to my cool guy! Senapi what's wrong.

This is one of the really huge flaws with Sims 4. Currently I am having the time of my life playing Sims 4 and I have so many great stories but I cringe every time I see one of my favorite sims wearing something wrong.
    Post edited by SilentKitty on
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    Thank you for the help, guys! I downloaded the first mod since it said it had townies arrive in Magic World in their everyday outfit. And it worked for me! All townies were indeed in their personally hand-selected everyday outfit instead of the monstrosities they wore before. This is in a game save that I have played since ROM came out, so that mod at least seems to work on an old save.
  • Options
    Thank you for the help, guys! I downloaded the first mod since it said it had townies arrive in Magic World in their everyday outfit. And it worked for me! All townies were indeed in their personally hand-selected everyday outfit instead of the monstrosities they wore before. This is in a game save that I have played since ROM came out, so that mod at least seems to work on an old save.

Thank you, I will try the other mod then. Let's hope that it works.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I don't understand why the devs keep forcing this idiotic feature on us - just give us more clothing categories that we can edit instead - these hidden situational outfits must be the worst idea in the history of the sims.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Is there any way to prevent Sages from changing out of their everyday outfits? I happened to send one of my spellcasters to a bar when it was "knight night" and my practical sage showed up in a knight costume. I was annoyed but didn't think anything of it. Now when I go to the Magic Realm the sage is still wearing the stupid costume! Is there anyway to fix this and prevent it from ever happening again?
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    edited October 2019
    Aine wrote: »
    I don't understand why the devs keep forcing this plum feature on us - just give us more clothing categories that we can edit instead - these hidden situational outfits must be the worst idea in the history of the sims.

I couldn't agree more. See this perfect sim?

KLT9yhz.png

Every time I would take a different sim into Magic World, this mfer would come wearing a freaking Dark Maul head along with whatever else the game vomited up. I mean, I swear it almost takes intelligence to come up with outfits that bad! I can't believe it is only randomness alone!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    83fa4123f50d5907853db7a74aa0e35816bf087e.png
    When I dress my sims

987b068f365a02bcf4a0efe36c644cdcfaa9c32e.png
    When the game dresses my sim

This is my little sim that always wear modest clothing. She covers her hair and has a burkini at the beach. When I play her that is. When the game does anything goes.

I can keep doing this all week..... unfortunately

(I have been trying different lots for magical HQ but both screenshots are taken in the realm)
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Is there any way to prevent Sages from changing out of their everyday outfits? I happened to send one of my spellcasters to a bar when it was "knight night" and my practical sage showed up in a knight costume. I was annoyed but didn't think anything of it. Now when I go to the Magic Realm the sage is still wearing the stupid costume! Is there anyway to fix this and prevent it from ever happening again?

I think this mod does that: https://www.patreon.com/posts/rom-no-role-for-29939413

Or at least it worked in my game to get L. Faba out of a vender costume.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I also have bienchen's mod and it works well for me. Evenffor sims who previously had situational outfits. If the outfits in the magic realm were completely different, like all sims wearing robes, I could live with situational outfits because then they would make sense and give a different feel to the place. But right now they seem completely random. I really like RoM but my must-have-mods list doubled in size. (from 3 to 6, ;)) sad thing is most of them are fixes.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Situational outfits made more sense in the earlier days of the Sims 4 when it was just for careers and going to the spa. After City Living came out, the devs took it too far and it’s been going downhill ever since.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I hope this doesn’t count as necro posting or whatever’s its called.. but this is still a thing and super annoying… why is it when you go back to play with a previous pack they are always full of bugs…

how come this has never been resolved??