Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The One That Got Away

This is definitely what I would call a 'best guess' glitch in the game. Still, it was true to life and funny.

My toddler Tiffany is an active one. Everyday this kid litters my house by taking all of the toys out of her brother's toy box and half of the toys out of her own toy box, to leave scattered all over the floors. I think that's a cute toddler-type thing to do.

Last night, before Tiffany was put to bed she had the image of the turtle block table in her thought bubble. It was what she wanted to play with, but her up-time for the day was over, it was now bedtime. She was put to bed and the household went to sleep. I saved the game and quit.

When I reloaded the game, everyone was just where I had left them, asleep. I went about my normal business of deciding what each Sim needed to get accomplished for the day. I was in the process of transferring uncut gems from the safe to my Sim's personal inventory to be sent away, when I heard Tiffany laughing. I thought 'oh, Tiffany's awake'. I went to her crib to click on her to see what her needs level were but, the crib was empty. My first thought was the game had turned her invisible, but her plumbob didn't appear over the crib.

Clicking her face, I was taken to where she was. Tiffany was outside of the bedroom, in the hallway, playing happily with the block table still in her jammies! I was tickled. She had escaped her crib!

j0xap5nizn1rjea6g.jpg

Here's the link to the safe I use if anyone should want one: Scroll Down to 3rd Row.
https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/function_storage_misc_02.shtml

Comments

• Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Cute. Never seen that happen before.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Aw. How adorable.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    This is true? Toddlers can escape their crib on their own?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I thought that could only happen in TS2. Perhaps someone got her out when you weren't looking or, if you use Error Trap, she was reset when you loaded your save.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Resets on loading happen from time to time. It's also not an immediate thing. For the first few seconds, the sim is still where you expect him, and for me, it can take nearly a minute for the reset to happen. I had this just today, where, on loading the save, the sim was first at the alchemy station, where he was when I saved, and got reset to the entrance door of the house when Error Trap was done.
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @KevinL5275 and @Mikezumi - No. Toddlers cannot leave the crib on their own. This was definitely a glitch. I just found it funny she finally got her want to play with that toy.

@Turjan - Tiffany was still asleep when the game loaded. Somehow the crib itself must have malfunctioned and the game set Tiffany free. I have Error Trap and Overwatch installed and they didn't return any errors so it was most likely a hiccup of the game.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've had this happen a few times with both cribs and high chairs. The toddlers aren't reset because in many cases that would put them in a place where they cannot get back inside or into a room where the fun stuff is without being carried (steps outside from the reset point, the bedroom and other fun places are all upstairs, or up an elevator, etc.) Don't all of us remember being "behind bars" at that age and just wishing we could squeeeeze through and do something fun while the adults are all asleep or not paying us any attention? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor - Although I'll never know what exactly caused the crib to glitch, it would be quite amusing to me if Tiffany's 'desire' to play with those blocks had something to do with it :D!
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Good to know that toddlers won't get automatically reset by the mod. It can already be taxing to collect them after a manual reset on a larger lot.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited September 2019
    Well; that’s usually a fun glitch to have happen; my and @Featherbelle ‘s OUR real-life kids were geniuses when it came to escaping their cribs. Sounds like a touch of real-life made it into the game.

Our oldest little Houdini wannabe is graduating high school next June. -sigh~. Maybe I should play with toddlers more in this game.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Darn. And here I was thinking it wasn't a glitch and just some cute thing that happens in the game that I didn't know about until now. :(

;);)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill - Sorry, but it is a glitch :(. I didn't know it happened on high chairs as well until I read igazor's post. That was actually the first time I had a toddler crib malfunction. But, it was cute :).