Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Men and Flirting

Comments

• Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I don't really remember being bothered by them, but the one thing that still annoys me to this day is the woohoo acceptance animation. I think in previous games the couple would kiss before going to bed, but in TS4 they both cheer like little girls. I haven't played the game in a while but I think I had a mod that replaces that animation because it was driving me nuts..
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think it's all cartoonish as others have put it. I've also wanted a dating update or pack since I started playing TS4. In my opinion, there is definitely room to add more. It probably goes along with people wanting more "personality".

Maybe they could add more variations of romantic approaches in general? For myself, while I'd make use of turn ons and turn offs, etc, if they are added, I like the ability for sims to make slightly unexpected decisions. I do think they could add some flexibility to the romance in the game,

"Gendered" approaches could be part of that. Maybe they could be part of the options for different sims but like pregnancy and other options, simmers could apply them to any type of sims they are making.

I'm just saying that I actually want more variation in dating and romance animations or gameplay.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    In real life I don't get flirting anyway, so for all I know they could be doing it right.....it all looks ridiculous but funny so I'll take my cue from the Sims and if anyone approaches me with a tiny bow and arrow and shoots me...that's flirting right?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited September 2019
    Arzekial wrote: »
    No offense, but... why does it matter?

Are you trying to start an argument or are you genuinely curious because gender doesn't matter to you? :)

Genuinely curious.

*sigh* why did you have to say that. :P

Okay, well since some people do care about masculine/feminine behavior due to their particular... OMG YOU ARE TOTALLY TROLLING ME AREN"T YOU????

Just listen to this and everything will be OK.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4lyyzBOdLPE&list=RD4lyyzBOdLPE&start_radio=1

To me it says we are all in the same boat regardless of personal preferences.

Why would I troll you...?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2019
    Double post
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2019
    Arzekial wrote: »
    I know sexual preference doesn't play a factor. I think it should though. Why not have the selection? Aren't we evolved enough as a society to know the difference between masculine and feminine behavior? I'm seriously not trying to ruffle any feathers here but there's definitely a difference between masculine and feminine behavior. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH EITHER. I'd just like to play a masculine man in the game that likes women... and acts accordingly. All this tip toeing around likes and dislikes... screw that! It's just personal preference, who cares??? . But please make the distinction in the game so I can try to match my sims personality to their preferences.
    They already have questions like: Can this sim get anyone pregnant? So, why not have "Is this sim's behavior masculine or feminine?"
    Is anyone really bothered or offended by that?

This had me laughing. :D you're so brutally honest but it needed to be said. I totally agree with this. And many interactions does look realllllly strange enough to side eye for a straight make. I think we should get more masculine animations.

I agree with the poster here that they try to go for more fun silly animations with everything but I would really love more "realistic" animations. A lot of the romantic interactions are too clownish and I dont use them. Especially for males.

I prefer to use poses and imagination for the romance department because of that.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I don't immerse myself in the Sims 4 because that would involve me learning to teleport across rooms without warning.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I think as long as you have the man initiate certain flirt interactions it should be manly. There's certain interactions that I usually stick to having male or female sims in straight couples initiate.

You just kind of have to memorize what the interactions do. Like, I always have my male sims initiate 'passionate kiss.'

For my same-sex couples though I tend to go either or. :)
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    I feel like more animations should be tied to their chosen walk animation.

There's a macho walk, a more manly style of flirting could come with that, and it could affect some other animations.

The feminine walk could give someone more feminine animations.

It would mainly be for various interactions with other sims, objects being used the same.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    What I don't understand is why there aren't different romantic animations for males and females, and why those cannot be assigned to the different Sims we create. I never understood why those interactions are the same for both genders to begin with. This is 2019, 2020 is right around the corner, and the ability to give us choices that would make our Sims truly different has never been attempted beyond the turn ons and turn offs in the past iterations. EA's attempt at being inclusive is a bit skewed because our Sims are still generic rather than unique, in spite of the clothing options and gender preferences we asssign to them. There are different walking styles, but there are no traits to trigger different romantic interactions. Just the flirty trait. And I never use that trait because it doesn't really do anything, and I have become bored with the same romantic interactions we have been seeing since the day Sims4 was released.

It's time for the teams to take a look at how to improve the romance mechanics in the game. The whole system has become repetitious and stale. There are many ways to improve romance and stay within the Teen rating, but the devs have balked at trying to do anything to change things up a bit. New romantic interactions are definitely needed, and should be more gender-specific while remaining inclusive of all types of Sims. After five years our Sims still can't dance together while in a group setting or even enjoy a romantic slow dance like a real couple. And about that Teen rating: Just because our Sim teens can 'fool around' under the blankets on a bed, and we cannot see them, does that send a message to the younger players this is acceptable behavior? Call me a prude, but I was a little shocked when that option came up for two of my Sim teens. LOL If our Sim teens are able to engage in risky behavior, if the LGBT community is being represented in the game, with my full support, I have to wonder why romance is being overlooked when love is such a large part of the game itself.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Honestly? All men have some form of feminine traits about themselves and most don't realise it or that they are expressing those at the time and don't notice, so it isn't entirely unsurprising if some men do come off as being a bit more.. different than usual. Cartoonish or not, there is an element of truth to it even so.

The important word in your post there being, 'some'. Totally fine with it in the guys it seems appropriate for, totally jarring for others!
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    We might as well stop male sims from crying while we are at it because it is too "feminine" (!) :/

But to keep some players like yourself happy - maybe an option to make them "masculine" or "feminine" which I do not see a big issue in it as after all they are sims... not humans
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    rhalius wrote: »

There's a macho walk, a more manly style of flirting could come with that, and it could affect some other animations.

It would mainly be for various interactions with other sims, objects being used the same.

I second this
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    rhalius wrote: »

That would actually be perfect.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'd rather married straight men don't suddenly flirt with other men.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    The only one I actually like is the double guns animation for pickup line or bold pickup line.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I honestly think they just tried to make the flirting comical and over the top. I dont see any of those animations as masculine or feminine
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I feel you op.
    I would like for more masculine swagger type flirting interactions when my guys are spitting game (flirting) at my ladies in the club.
    Even if I'm playing with female Sims they'll sometimes initiate flirting in a coy way. Flirting can be fun I would at times when I was younger. Basically putting the signal out there that you're interested, but I was never gonna do the actual chasing. So in my game, for the first date I'll switch households if need be in order for my guys to initiate the date and pay. They ask the female Sim to be their girlfriend, and they are the one to propose to the woman Sim.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    We might as well stop male sims from crying while we are at it because it is too "feminine" (!) :/

But to keep some players like yourself happy - maybe an option to make them "masculine" or "feminine" which I do not see a big issue in it as after all they are sims... not humans

@Finbar659
    I don't think anyone was suggesting masculine Sims shouldn't cry. There can be both more masculine interactions and crying. One doesn't have to cancel out the other. I'm not coming for you at all, but I didn't sense that from any of the comments.

Honestly, if a man can cry in front of me it's a turn on not necessarily in let's go woohoo, but it shows strength when men can express their emotions. I've always loved that and the swagger they had and confidence when they wanted to get to know me.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited September 2019
    I totally thought this thread was more about males flirting too much. LOL I use the Road to Fame mod and my Global Superstar was constantly being flirted with by both genders, but since he's straight, he had this really bad habit of flirting back with the females, only. (I called it a weakness in his knees.) He got engaged to the same Sim twice, trying to help her get over her meltdowns every time he 'played back'. Broke up on the day of the wedding with his second fiancee (she had the audacity to bring the press with her to their 'private' family wedding) and of course one of the caterers threw herself at him, right in front of said press. He finally made it down the aisle, however (third time was the charm, in this case, although she did start having meltdowns when they were out in public, too) His bad track record probably had her on edge. The cure for her was knowing she had his ring on her finger once they were duly wed.

Sad to say I haven't had this issue (which was wildly fun) with the later iterations of this mod. I'm hoping it's simply because my celebrity is just a teenager. I do hope that's all it is. Like I said, these romantic antics were hilarious and loads of fun to play through.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

That too
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I agree with op. The animation is really annoying to me to watch.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

That would be story twist that I love.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2019

That would be story twist that I love.

After I installed MCCC I don't see that happen often at all because you can set preferences. So, unless you specify in MCCC that a specific sim prefers the opposite sex only you shouldn't see them flirting with the same sex. On the same note, you can also set their preference to the same, all, or none at all. It's really a pretty handy mod. Actually, that's an understatement. It does so much I really don't think I could ever play the game without it now.
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Finbar659 wrote: »

@Finbar659
    I don't think anyone was suggesting masculine Sims shouldn't cry. There can be both more masculine interactions and crying. One doesn't have to cancel out the other. I'm not coming for you at all, but I didn't sense that from any of the comments.

Honestly, if a man can cry in front of me it's a turn on not necessarily in let's go woohoo, but it shows strength when men can express their emotions. I've always loved that and the swagger they had and confidence when they wanted to get to know me.

@lasummerb

I was being sarcastic. Hence the "(!)" at the end of the sentence