Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be interested in a "The Sims 2" remaster?

Comments

• Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Yes
    Sims 2 with the sims from the Sims 4 and I would be totally fine with that
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    No
    Still playing Sims 2 as-is, not missing anything.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    No
    I would prefer that they take The Sims 2 and modify it to be 100% compatible with Windows 10 and contemporary processors/video cards.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    Yes I would love it I'm still upset I missed out on the ultimate collection I love that game unlike Sims 4 I could get lost in Sims 2 for hours on end and check the time and it would be 4am.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    No
    Sims 2 was a great game for it's time, but sometimes going back into things will break the sweet souvenirs. I rather keep going with the actual game, hope it gets better gameplay and depth, and wish for the next iteration to be even better. I live on my hopes!
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Yes
    This is the dream. TS2 is perhaps the best in the franchise imo. It's detailed, challenging and I don't think I ever got really bored with the gameplay. TS2 deserves a remaster.
  • Options
    CaveSimCaveSim Posts: 99 Member
    Yes
    Give Ultimate out for free for like a week around the holidays.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    No
    no because to me the sims2 is an outdated game much prefer the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    No
    I’d rather they take the resources from that and take the care and ideas from TS2 and put it towards 5.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Yes
    It would be better than this.
  • Options
    Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    The Sims 2 is still BY FAR the best version of the franchise. All social interactions it had made the sims look more alive than any other version of the game. It is my dream come true if we have a new release of The Sims 2 with ALL interactions, objects, and features (chemistry, memories etc.) the original game had, plus better graphics!
  • Options
    Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    Yes
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Unless they can't come up with something better, more innovative and fun then yes.

They had a chance with The Sims 3, and another one with The Sims 4, and up to now... they failed.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes
    I can't go back to the closed world and not being able to travel from world to world. Pass.

You could travel from world to world in TS2...

You can't go from Pleasantview to Veronaville. Or has it been that long since I've been able to play it?

Either way, the worlds are so dull looking, I can't go back.

@PlayerSinger2010 you can put a neighborhood file inside the Open for Business, than add more than Bluewater Village as sub-hoods. Just google "uberhood" or "mega uberhood" and you'll find out about it. I love that i can add and remove them whenever I want, I hate that SIms 4 forces all worlds at the same time at you. Also, if we could remove them, the devs would have no excuses to limit the size of their worlds.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    Anyway, I would love if it had all the SP remade, all the EPs remade + new SP/GP/EP. Also, if they recreated the Pets EP exactly as it was, it would be cool if they added Sims 1 neighborhood as its main world (cuz we had animals in some of the families from Old Town, like Luna from Claire Charming's household).
    Also, would be cool if we had Sims 3/Sims 4 worlds in World packs. This way Sims 5 would be a huge crossover remake from all Sims 1/2/3/4.
    I can't go back to the closed world and not being able to travel from world to world. Pass.

You could travel from world to world in TS2...

@SimQueenie9 The remake doesn't need to be limited. They can expand features we had in Sims 2, I just don't want to see them removing toddlers, pools or whatever the heck they wanted to remove for no good reason. But, I hate being forced to have all the worlds in the same save in sims 4, as I said above, if they added a "add/remove" toggle to add or remove worlds in Sims 4, they wouldn't have to excuse themselves for making small worlds.
    MMX wrote: »
    I would prefer that they take The Sims 2 and modify it to be 100% compatible with Windows 10 and contemporary processors/video cards.

I want my sims to have more polygons than Sims 2, which is honestly weird looking to the eyes today. Even Sims 3 pudding faces are more pleasing to play with.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    No
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    I voted no - it's just not something I'd be into personally.

It's odd really, because when I was much younger I loved TS2 and I remember playing it so often. I'm pretty sure I had hardly any DLC for it either but still found it fun. However, I was able to get my hands on the Ultimate Collection maybe about a year or two ago and so I went back to TS2 and absolutely hated every minute of it. :lol:

As I was trying to remember all the controls and gameplay, it frustrated me how "needy" my Sims were. I spent a good portion of my time fulfilling their needs because they seemed to go down so quickly. I know people say needs in TS4 are so easy but honestly, I prefer it that way so I can focus on other aspects of gameplay. I know it's probably such a weird thing to comment on but it was enough to make me give up playing after a couple days lol.

That's fair. I know with sims 2 there's a sort of progression. Needs are a bit tricky in the beginning, especially when you're playing a full house of Sims with no skills. But as your sim progresses in their careers or aspirations for example, you get unlocks that make life a little easier.

With sims 4 I feel like it's already pretty easy to manage and then you get unlocks that only make it much easier. So at least for myself there's no sense of progression.

It comes down to the individual but I know what you mean. My younger self always whipped out the cheats for the first 2 games. 😅

You're right, there is much better progression with TS2, more so than any other Sims iteration I believe and I do remember it being quite story driven with the little text boxes in the corner that were sometimes paragraphs long lol, wants and fears actually being relevant to the Sim and not something just randomized or being able to view a Sim's memories etc. Little things like that which gave Sims a whole lot of personality, so it's totally understandable why people want to see that brought back.

I definitely think my play style has changed a lot since moving on to TS4, which is what probably influenced my vote. I'm no longer that generational or family orientated player, and I like turning aging off and having one or two adult Sims that I can take on an epic adventure as and when new packs come out. For example, I had an old save once that I started with Get to Work where they eventually went to space in the end, then I moved them to Windenburg when Get Together came out and experimented with clubs, then moved them to San Myshuno because apartment life is rad lol, so yeah you get the idea. I was able to do that all on one save, and to me it was nice knowing where my Sims had been and how far they'd come.

Even though TS2 is no longer for me, if they did do a remaster then I'd still be really happy for y'all. :blush:

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    Yes.

But also no; TS2 isn't perfect in all of its aspects. CAS and Build Mode definitely improved in later games. But I love the gameplay in TS2. It's really good and unpredictable, which actually makes it really fun.

Mostly I'd like to have something that has the heart and soul of TS2 while also being a proper sequel to the series. I hope TS5 is like this. but knowing EA, probably not

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    No
    Karon wrote: »
    MMX wrote: »

I want my sims to have more polygons than Sims 2, which is honestly weird looking to the eyes today. Even Sims 3 pudding faces are more pleasing to play with.
    I don't mind TS2's graphics, it's just that I want to play the game without experiencing a bit of technical difficulties due to a variety of compatibility issues.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Yes
    Heck yes!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm on the fence. I've never played The Sims 2, or any Sims game other than 4, but from what I've heard 2 was this incredible, fantastical, wonderfully perfect game. Is this true?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    Yes
    > @nerdfashion said:
    > I'm on the fence. I've never played The Sims 2, or any Sims game other than 4, but from what I've heard 2 was this incredible, fantastical, wonderfully perfect game. Is this true?

Yes. The Sims 2 is my favorite. I like its Wants&Fears&Memories system. I hope The Sims 4 will have the system, too. And zodiac signs system.

I like TS2 because it is lifelike, it has telephones, Sims can climb onto the cars, however, Sims cannot climb onto the motorboats in TS4. I hope TS5 will let the Sims can open and close the door. After cleaning, the dishes won't dispear, etc.
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    No
    No. I love TS2 so so so much, but I don't trust EA to not ruin whatever they touch. Even if it was going to "stay the same" I don't think it would. TS2 is iconic and I want it to live on as such, not be brought back from the dead and end it's new life in shambles. I'd also just prefer they work on a Sims 5 then focus on an older game, so they can combine the best elements of all the games rather than focus one one. TS2 was great, but it wasn't perfect, just like the rest of the games. Out with the old, in with the new.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    No
    A couple of years ago I would have said yes, but no not "with all the animations, objects and gameplay" staying the same. I'd want some improvements.
    I can think of a number of them but the major one for me now is I've gotten use to not having to mod pretty basic ways to control or manage my sims lives without cheating/modding... or keeping a special tombstone on the lawn.
    If they updated it though depending on the price (it would have to be low). I'd be willing to buy and play with it just for nostalgia reasons. I just can't see playing it for long though at this point. I'd miss too much that I've been able to play with for awhile.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    Yes
    Yes, with revamped graphics and more detailed world it could be amazing.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    I'm on the fence. I've never played The Sims 2, or any Sims game other than 4, but from what I've heard 2 was this incredible, fantastical, wonderfully perfect game. Is this true?

Sims 2 wasn't perfect, no game is. It was much easier to corrupt your game if you, say, tried to delete a Sim. Yet, TS2's best qualities far outweighed the worst.

Sims in TS2 are very aware of each other. Married couple feel married, siblings feel like siblings, rivals behave like rivals. They remember trangressions as well as great encounters.

The build items were far more realistic. Children could jump on couches and beds and the furniture would deform appropriately. Likewise, when a Sim sat on upholstered furniture, the cushions conformed, just as in real life Furniture in TS3 and TS4 are inert blocks that don't respond when a Sim uses them.

In TS2, there were lots of lovely details such as kids running to show their parents and A on their report card. Kids running out to greet parents returning from work, Cops and Robbers, Miss Mary Mack, all kind of sweet little games that made the children seem alive.

Reward object were amazing. For example, the Militray Career got an awesome obstacle course to practice their low crawl and wall climbing.

The move object cheat worked on Sims. The ability to move a Sim around, as if they were a statue, was invaluable for making great family pics. Pose the Sim in live mode, position them as a group in build mode, then take the most awesome pictures of the series.

There was just so much to experience in that game. If you're interested in trying, contact EA. They may give you a free copy of the Sims 2 Ultimate pack via Origin. It contains the base game as well as all of the expansions and stuff packs.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    No
    Cynna wrote: »

Sims 2 wasn't perfect, no game is. It was much easier to corrupt your game if you, say, tried to delete a Sim. Yet, TS2's best qualities far outweighed the worst.

Sims in TS2 are very aware of each other. Married couple feel married, siblings feel like siblings, rivals behave like rivals. They remember trangressions as well as great encounters.

The build items were far more realistic. Children could jump on couches and beds and the furniture would deform appropriately. Likewise, when a Sim sat on upholstered furniture, the cushions conformed, just as in real life Furniture in TS3 and TS4 are inert blocks that don't respond when a Sim uses them.

In TS2, there were lots of lovely details such as kids running to show their parents and A on their report card. Kids running out to greet parents returning from work, Cops and Robbers, Miss Mary Mack, all kind of sweet little games that made the children seem alive.

Reward object were amazing. For example, the Militray Career got an awesome obstacle course to practice their low crawl and wall climbing.

The move object cheat worked on Sims. The ability to move a Sim around, as if they were a statue, was invaluable for making great family pics. Pose the Sim in live mode, position them as a group in build mode, then take the most awesome pictures of the series.

There was just so much to experience in that game. If you're interested in trying, contact EA. They may give you a free copy of the Sims 2 Ultimate pack via Origin. It contains the base game as well as all of the expansions and stuff packs.
    All of this. Even though TS2 had some bugs, the game had levels of depth and attention to detail that were either diluted or absent in TS4 or even TS3.