Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be interested in a "The Sims 2" remaster?

124...Next

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    No
    I've bought remastered games before and meh.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes
    I never played any game other than 4, but if I remember what I've been told, TS2 babies weren't objects and kids and teens had unique gameplay, so yes.
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    Yes
    Definitely. Sims 2 is probably my favorite game play wise. I loved that I could make my worlds what I want them to be and connect them how I want to. Making the sims wasn't as great as Sims 4 though so a CAS like Sims 4 would be great. There are some things like traveling that would be nice if different but honestly the only thing I would want to see a definite change in is the CAS. I could deal with everything else just fine.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    Karon wrote: »
    I can't go back to the closed world and not being able to travel from world to world. Pass.

You could travel from world to world in TS2...

You can't go from Pleasantview to Veronaville. Or has it been that long since I've been able to play it?

Either way, the worlds are so dull looking, I can't go back.

@PlayerSinger2010 you can put a neighborhood file inside the Open for Business, than add more than Bluewater Village as sub-hoods. Just google "uberhood" or "mega uberhood" and you'll find out about it. I love that i can add and remove them whenever I want, I hate that SIms 4 forces all worlds at the same time at you. Also, if we could remove them, the devs would have no excuses to limit the size of their worlds.

Yeah, no, that sounds like way too much work for me wanting to do something like my area. I drive ten minutes and I can run into four different cities. It feels like that when I play TS4. TS2 (and 3) locks me in to one world and I hate it.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes
    Yee, as long as CAS is like TS4
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes
    I'm having a load of fun playing sims 2 recently, i'm sure it would sell well selling the remastered version with all packs bundled together, one thing I noticed that sims 2 already has multitasking and emotion in the game, so I wondered why they boast about these things for sims 4.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    Yes
    izecson wrote: »
    I'm having a load of fun playing sims 2 recently, i'm sure it would sell well selling the remastered version with all packs bundled together, one thing I noticed that sims 2 already has multitasking and emotion in the game, so I wondered why they boast about these things for sims 4.

I gather it's supposed to be an improvement. And it is in some ways, but it also means that my Sims are multitasking so much it takes forever to do any one task.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes
    You guys are so worried. Obviously they would update the CAS, build and buy, world, etc... I don't know how "converting" an entire game to a more modern engine works, but i have seen a bunch of games ressurected like that. From Zelda to Shadow of the Colossus, but they were all rpg oriented. Anyway, Maybe it would take a while to program but I feel that its not impossible, but I would wait any amount of time to see that. Even if most of the features we praise (which were from EPs) had to wait for an EP to be released. I want to see the old neighborhoods, families too, but new worlds. Maybe a sequel to the Pancakes/BFF/Spencer-Lewis-Kim, like Pleasantview was a sequel to Sims 1. I want to see Sims 3 worlds too. Maybe they could even return selling worlds as a pack type.
    Also, occults that come with packs or in base game could still be part of those packs, but then upgraded with later GPs.
    I want the neighborhood to be as detalied as CAW from Sims 3, but with a better looking interface, with an easier way to create worlds (without the lag, the freezing and game closing).
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Yes
    Yes give me Sims 4 style and world hoping (can move into or visit any world I want at any time), story progression and Sims 2 game play (and some Sims 1 ideas) and it would be the perfect game.
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    Yes
    I'm on the fence. I've never played The Sims 2, or any Sims game other than 4, but from what I've heard 2 was this incredible, fantastical, wonderfully perfect game. Is this true?

It is just the best version of the franchise so far! It was not perfect though, it could be improved, for instance with better graphics.
  • TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    Yes
    Sims 4 has the best graphics and runs smoothly, but Sims 2 and 3 had the best Sims personalities. Sims 4 sims personalities dull, boring, flat, lifeless making the game dull boring flat and all the personalities is exactly the same no matter what traits you choose...no different outcome. Sims 4 does not have enough "meat"...gameplay...feels hollow, shallow. I miss world adventures as well. Sims 2 and 3 I could play for hours and hours without rest...it was that addictive. Sims 4 is tedious, everything is oversimplified and there are no consequences to your traits. I don't even know what the sims 4 are talking about, in sims 2 and 3 you could understand what the sims are talking about. I dont know why a sim in sims 4 is upset, crying etc. In Sims 2 and 3 I had empathy with my sim and loved their stories. I really am seriously disappointed with Sims 4. Sims 4 is VERY BORING. I cannot play it its too boring. There is not much to do in Sims 4 and the SIMS ARE BORING. Their personalities is boring. I have never felt bored with sims 2 and 3 and I think it is because of the traits, personalities that the sims has, story telling. There's also not a lot to do in Sims 4. I have all the packs of sims 2,3,4.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Yes
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Would you be interested in a TS2 remaster, with all the animations, objects and gameplay, but with better, 2020 graphics, 64-bit support and better looking sims?

Yes.
  • JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    No
    Far better to fix the genetics in TS4 to be like TS2, with a dominance system rather than simple randomization.

But, having said that, if you do reboot TS2, make sure it's playable on Win10. I had to stop playing it because it crashes horribly on anything newer than XP.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but only as an update. I have no interest in buying them all over again.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No
    You need more choices than yes or no. I would have picked other because I like the charm of the original pack. Part of the fun was it's quirkiness and style. I have the S2 collection from Origin that they released years ago and it plays fine.

I'd rather they release the original game The Sims as one big pack. I've tried to play the old game in my new computer but it won't play. I'd rather have S1 again.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Yes
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Remasters aren't free. Lots of very successful PS3 games were remastered for PS4, overhauling graphics, textures and 3d models to make them up to date with what newer systems can do. And no, you wouldn't have to buy things separately. It would be like a TS2 legacy edition with everything ever released for it, better graphics and lighting, better looking sims and worlds.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Yes
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Remasters aren't free. Lots of very successful PS3 games were remastered for PS4, overhauling graphics, textures and 3d models to make them up to date with what newer systems can do. And no, you wouldn't have to buy things separately. It would be like a TS2 legacy edition with everything ever released for it, better graphics and lighting, better looking sims and worlds.

Thank you for explaining the concept of a remaster. Not entirely sure if I would buy it. Depends on whether or not the improvement is worth the price.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yes
    I would buy it. I doubt they'll do it, though; they gave away the game for a reason. The reason being they were done with it but probably wanted more people to use Origin.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    HECK YEAH I WOULD! Sims 2 (or even Sims 1) with more items and Sims 4 cheats, bb and CAS would legitimately be THE BEST THING EVER. I'd add open world in but as much as I'd like that, we all know how slow 3 was...

It may not have been a "perfect" game (and like @Cynna said, no game is), but it was, for me at least, the perfect Sims game. Building got frustrating at times and I'd definitely borked quite a few saves in my day messing around with things I definitely shouldn't have been messing with, but even then there was nothing I looked forward to more than coming home from school and spending way too much time playing it, and whether I had the perfect family or a household where everything seemed to go wrong, you can bet I was having a blast. I can wax on for pages just on the tombstone of life and death, that thing was WILD! I miss having one-sided relationships and all of the animations and constantly being assaulted by Mrs. Crumplebottom only to distract her with bowling or card games. Even outside of gameplay it was inherently more interesting than what we have now. I missed Bella, but remember the speculation about her disappearance and whether the Strangetown version was the real deal or a clone? Remember the Smith's and their weird family line? Heck, remember Olive Specter and Nervous Subject and the drama with the Pleasants and the Brokes and the Calientes (#KatrinaIsALie #JusticeForNighat)? Even the townies were more interesting, I remember all the threads of fans pining over Meadow Thayer and Ivy Copur (not that one, the other one) and Remington Beau H A R R I S (not sure where I got Beau from :D ), hot male maid extraordinaire. Then there was resident evil little girl Marsha Bruenig (basically OG Eliza Pancakes with a dash of Billie Jang). Remember Goopy GilsCarbo, or the Diva or Mr. Big or the slob or the matchmaker or the count and countess? Remember the Tricou / "Teens" family and how weird they were? Remember shopping for groceries, magazines and electronics? Remember getting a family member back as a zombie because death deemed you too much of a cheapskate to resurrect them proper? Granted, the nannies are leagues better in 4 than in 2 but even the conspiracy of the evil nannies was amusing somehow, lmao. That and, again, all the animations, like playing tag or swinging on the fridge door or jumping on beds, making kid sims (gasp) actually kind of fun to play? Remember non crib-locked babies and cars? I had WAYYYY too much fun with the height cheat and how ridiculous you could make your sims look with it. Not to mention, smartest sims in the series bar none with complex memories and interests and responses to everything that makes the trait system just look sad in comparison.

I could go on and on but short answer, yes, absolutely, shut up and take my money!
    Post edited by WaitWhatYT on
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    Vagenius wrote: »
    Definitely. Sims 2 is probably my favorite game play wise. I loved that I could make my worlds what I want them to be and connect them how I want to. Making the sims wasn't as great as Sims 4 though so a CAS like Sims 4 would be great. There are some things like traveling that would be nice if different but honestly the only thing I would want to see a definite change in is the CAS. I could deal with everything else just fine.

The one thing that I would want is for the Sims to be able to visit other homes, instead of always calling other Sims over. Other than that and story progression (as well as what you said), a TS2 remaster with updated graphics would be golden. <3

Edited to add because I almost forgot about story progression. The reason that I don't play TS2 much anymore is that I really didn't like the immortal and age-less NPCs. That bugged me a lot more than not being able to visit other homes.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    If they did release a TS2 remaster, a number of things would have to be done:

1. Widescreen compatibility: Because most computer monitors these days use a widescreen aspect ratio, they're going to have to build that in as the default for the TS2 remaster.

2. Update CAS and Build Mode with improvements from TS4: The more sophisticated body sculpting and room manipulation from TS4 would have to be added. TS2's systems where good for the time, but they were still frustratingly limited to a certain extent. For instance, hats apart from hairstyles and shoes apart from bottoms and full body outfits just weren't a thing at all in CAS, and having to demolish walls and wall segments just to resize a room was quite a time-consuming endeavor.

3. All Packs Included: Sorry, but for players who either bought all the packs back in the day or got Ultimate Collection for free just before the TS4 launch need some incentive to buy that remaster beyond "It pretty and have better Build and CAS." Including all the packs and miscellaneous DLC from the website would be a very big draw.

4. Don't forget BodyShop!: BodyShop was one of TS2's best features. It allowed you to retexture and recolor just about everything CAS, and it was GLORIOUS!! In fact, an upgraded version should be added with the remaster, which includes the ability to recolor and retexture Buy Mode items and Build Mode items like windows and fences as well. And, of course, features from HomeCrafter like making new floor, ceiling, and wall textures should be there too. To make it the ultimate edition of this sort of program, adding the ability to either import meshes from a 3D rendering program like Maya or Blender or to live-sculpt new meshes in the program itself and paint your own textures directly onto them would be incredibly useful!

5. Fix those game-breaking bugs!!: The glitch where if a universal NPC like Death or Mrs. Crumplebottom is tampered with the whole game becomes corrupted, the bug where deleting sims would cause your save to be corrupted...all of those! Fixing those bugs will save so many people the time and frustration of having to find mods for the remaster to fix them.

6. Improved Neighborhood Creation: O.K., you know how, in TS2, when you start a new file you get to pick a neighborhood map and terrain type, and can import maps made in Sim City 4 to use in the game if you like? Well, let's just give players of the remaster a full-blown map editor (with the old pre-existing blank maps available too, of course) that lets players lay down roads, build mountains and valleys, etc. and whip up a custom map like they would using Sim City 4 back in the day. Now THAT would be an amazing enhancement for a remaster! If it was done well, I'd pay full price for the game just for that feature alone!

7. Better-looking werewolves: O.K., yeah, I don't like the traditional, flat-faced, no-tail Hollywood wolfman look. I want to be able to give my werewolves tails, muzzles, and real wolf-like ears. Wolf feet would be a plus. Sure, the old-style werewolves would still be an option, but I also want to make...well, cool-looking werewolves. Oh, and get rid of that whole thing where male werewolves can't change their hair in the mirror and lose their normal hair styles on top of that for that ooglay Lon Chaney Jr. look. I had to mod that out, because it was just...ew.

If all they do is pretty up the graphics, it wouldn't really be worth it to me, because I honestly like the look of TS2's graphics as they are. However, if they updated the graphics, enhanced TS2's best features, and fixed those dang bugs? Yeah, I'd be all over it like a hungry cat on an unguarded box of Chicken McNuggets!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    No
    Wonderful game, but building is as much my thing as the actual game it'self so going back would definitely leave me wanting
    The routing aggravated me then but would drive me to rage quit now,
    Also: No hand of god? No thanks
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    No
    No. What Maxis should do is make the Sims 5 just as good as Sims 2, if not better.
    With Paralives in development I would hope it would spark some initiative in the team to make a Sims game on par with Sims 2.

I mean it probably wont happen but giving them an easy way out to just remaster the sims 2 wont teach them anything.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Yes
    Aw, yeah! I'd buy the heck out of a Sims 2 remastered edition! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    Yes
    All they’d have to do for me would be to make it more playable on newer computers and fix bugs. I’d prefer if they kept the same style but updated it a little bit to look cleaner and more polished. Same objects, interactions, etc. Then they could offer expansion packs that built on it and added more modern clothes, hairstyles, and objects.