Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RoM General conversation

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @CelSims I feel it takes awhile but I generally don't pay attention to it
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @CelSims I feel it takes awhile but I generally don't pay attention to it

Saw your screenshot of the temple guardian, that's hilarious! I have yet to take a caster off to do things in other places, been too busy setting up my legacy and getting my other occult legacy in on the action :)
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    @fadingaudio do you get to edit the vamp form in CAS? I remember seeing (with other lifestates) that with hybrids, you only keep the ability to edit one of them, but since Spellcasters don't have that, I'm guessing that's not an issue?

It's not. I could edit her vampire form, remove it, or change her into it. Surprisingly the functionality works pretty well I haven't had issues like I do with Alien/vampire. That being said the lack of access to vampire perks is hard to swallow. The charged state isn't such a big deal as moodlets seem to be enough for me to not die, but it plum not having access to sunlight perks or any vampire weaknesses. That being said I do get full range of spells. I'm kind of hoping that it's possible to clone some of the witch spells to be able to apply them to the mermaid life state.

I've been working on modding more (not used to working in python) because I have a lot of desire to have more fleshed out supernaturals. I haven't tried a mermaid/witch yet, but I'm thinking that a mermaid/witch might actually be pretty compatible as there is no second form to mess up editing that and mermaids don't really have a significant change to their UI like vampires do. So most parts from both should be accessible.

@fadingaudio

GOSH I NEED THIS HYBRIDS. I love doing these alien experiments with vampires that I thought was actually unlikely to have when my sim became hybrid. Currently I already had a 3 hidden hybrid and tried after ROM quit testing four hybrids together.

Basically the mermaid syrup no longer appears and there is no way to edit more transformations in CAS making yes always have a dark mode or random disguise. Which is kind of weird, but the wizarding gameplay works just like the others, at least we can try to level vampirism for a while and then become a wizard, or use cheat to buy the sun resistance perk. I plan to create a topic in the future to discuss game hybrids, take prints and explain the process via cheat / mcc. But if you want to create the topic would be great too, I'm kind of busy but I like to see how hybrids behave in the game and that in the end they are have little glitch problems and in practice are functional.
  • Options
    Cheat to remake MagicRealm?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm really loving this pack so far, but one thing is kind of bothering me and it's not the game itself (for a change lol). All over I'm seeing people complaining that it's "too easy" to level up their spellcasters and how they've done it in like an hour of real-time. Where for me, I've only just gotten my spellcaster to master rank over the course of three days. Am I doing something wrong? lol

Yeah, I'm not sure how they're doing it either. It took me about 4 Sim-weeks to get Rosemary to Virtuoso. That was 2 days real time, but I had time to binge.

Granted, I didn't use the gardening spell much, because I want her to actually level up in gardening. Same with cooking - I only use Delicioso when she's out and about and hungry but that's the only need that's low (I see no reason to use the needs potion if it's only one or two things.) Scruberoo and Repario I use a lot, though.

And that was playing her solo and cheating money to redecorate the house and cover bills.

It's boggling my mind a little there, unless they're outright cheating, or just plain binging I'm not getting it. The only other thing I can think of is that all the people commenting "It's too easy" are stuck in an echo chamber from either a random comment or a reviewer.

Rude. Some people are just more focused on grinding.
    My first caster levelled very fast. She learned the needs potion and just copy pasta'd every time a need went yellow. And she made all her money using burglarate. If you use spells for everything you get max quickly. And potions is literally just grinding experiment on the cauldron.

Some people will always do things faster than others, because they simply focus on one aspect instead of taking the time to play out a story and do all the social stuff etc. I know I personally get very OCD on whatever I'm trying to achieve and I struggle to bother to have my sims have a life.

I was just saying it was boggling my mind because I have been grinding, I've had my sim practising magic nearly 24/7 (taking time out for them to eat and sleep, use the toilet etc) in my test save and only yesterday they reached the rank of master, and that's after 3-4 hours of gameplay for over three days, because I have other things to do during the day.
    So when people say "Oh yeah, I levelled my spellcaster up in like an in a real-life hour" I have to pause for a moment and either call BS or wonder if they just cheated their spellcaster to the final rank.
    But calling it easy because of the grinding playstyle isn't exactly fair to the devs because they obviously put a fair amount of effort into this pack to make it challenging for the more casual players.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I was just saying it was boggling my mind because I have been grinding, I've had my sim practising magic nearly 24/7 (taking time out for them to eat and sleep, use the toilet etc) in my test save and only yesterday they reached the rank of master, and that's after 3-4 hours of gameplay for over three days, because I have other things to do during the day.
    So when people say "Oh yeah, I levelled my spellcaster up in like an in a real-life hour" I have to pause for a moment and either call plum or wonder if they just cheated their spellcaster to the final rank.
    But calling it easy because of the grinding playstyle isn't exactly fair to the devs because they obviously put a fair amount of effort into this pack to make it challenging for the more casual players.

Your sim took time out to eat, sleep and use the toilet, instead of using a needs potion. There's one huge difference. Who said it only took an hour? It just took my teen sim 2 days and that included deliberately overcharging, dying, being resurrected. I have no idea how long that is in real hours.

My personal gripe isn't really the time taken. I COULD slow down whereas the people taking longer probably can't speed up. I would point to how there really isn't any penalty to levelling quickly and absolutely 0 danger in the process. I had to overcharge my sim so many times before he finally died that I was convinced teenagers were immune to death by overcharge.

The length of time taken really isn't, to me, a challenge either way. Speed is simply how do you grind. The challenge could be in the risks, which there aren't any. Take 5s to cast discharge and no risk of death. At least vampires have to watch out for the sun until high level and HAVE to take 5 weaknesses. Mages? cast decurse and live a completely overpowered existence risk free.

Well until a vampire turns up...
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    How do you ask a Sage to move in with you? My sim just started a relationship with Simeon (I did a remake on him a bit to update his look and aged him down to young adult) and there does not seem to be an option even tho she is at home and he is there (again, he comes over alot) he also has a key to her place too but no option to ask to move in. She has a wish to get married to him so I thought I would try moving him in.
  • Options
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    How do you ask a Sage to move in with you? My sim just started a relationship with Simeon (I did a remake on him a bit to update his look and aged him down to young adult) and there does not seem to be an option even tho she is at home and he is there (again, he comes over alot) he also has a key to her place too but no option to ask to move in. She has a wish to get married to him so I thought I would try moving him in.

Seems to be a glitch cuz Morgyn had it when he was over though I only moved him in cuz I legitimately thought I killed him and didn't have Dedeathify yet.
  • Options

Seems to be a glitch cuz Morgyn had it when he was over though I only moved him in cuz I legitimately thought I killed him and didn't have Dedeathify yet.

Thank you! I am thinking of just going ahead and using the cheat to add to family, he is so sweet to her even when he is at HQ, I just can't let that go lol, too sweet
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member

I had to marry Morgyn before I could have him move in.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    MarivannaMarivanna Posts: 13 New Member
    There are no any new wants in ROM.I hope it's just a bug.
  • Options
    Marivanna wrote: »

Wants?
  • Options
    Marivanna wrote: »

Wants?

I think they are talking about whims
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    simm621 wrote: »

I had to marry Morgyn before I could have him move in.

I ended up using testingcheats to add him to the family, the previous attempt did not show his spells as it was supposed to( it showed in his spellbook that he had the 9/9 in his practical magick but he was unable to do them) but after backing out and taking her back to HQ for a bit and doing most of her training with him, but also the other 2 and when he started singing to her I just went ahead and brought him back to her house with her and used the cheat to add him. They eloped a couple hours later, in her basement beside her cauldron lol, but this time his spells did show up correctly, so I am not sure why that did it before.
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    I'm really loving this pack so far, but one thing is kind of bothering me and it's not the game itself (for a change lol). All over I'm seeing people complaining that it's "too easy" to level up their spellcasters and how they've done it in like an hour of real-time. Where for me, I've only just gotten my spellcaster to master rank over the course of three days. Am I doing something wrong? lol

Don't worry, I'm the same, I think my sim got Adept rank, then I had to restart for another reason, now he is back up to Adept, that's as far as I've got lol and I've hardly been off game myself!

I'm glad I'm not the only one then. Granted I haven't been binge-playing, but I have been playing for a good chunk of evening hours since I got the pack (about 3 or so depending). And just got my tester spellcaster to the rank of master.
    Edit: I love your profile pic btw, it's super awesome.

Thanks! @halloweenchild ,I love him too, he is my Zeus :) - he is still only Adept though lol, on his way to master. It is taking me a while cause I had a hiccup with him, but I'm trying not to level too fast cause I don't want to miss any spells? the last save I think I was levelling too quickly and seemed to start learning spells in the next rank and missed Zip Zap which was obviously going to be a must have for Zeus :D has anyone "Not" been able to learn a spell they missed this way?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    MarivannaMarivanna Posts: 13 New Member
    > @smurfy77 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I think they are talking about whims

Exactly.Whims.
  • Options
    What is even the point of Magical Aura?
  • Options
    I made a spell caster club, be careful having it at your home, lol, my SIM had them ( all 3 sages included) over for Easter and someone, I still don't know who, put a counter on fire lol, lucky 2of the sages, I'm guessing it was L bc she was only one acting nonchalant, put out the fire while my SIM was cleaning up lol.

I also finally found a SIM to get Morgyn's attention, so glad
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    What is even the point of Magical Aura?

no idea, I've been trying to figure that out for myself.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults