Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RoM General conversation

Comments

• Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Does anyone know if there’s a cheat for the broom flying or spells

If there is a cheat for Not to fly Brooms or to Fly Brooms I'l love to know too! Cause the in-game inventory toggles aren't working at the moment, not for me anyhow
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Teleportalate best thing ever
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Teleportalate best thing ever

That would fix him! He doesn't know that spell yet lol but yeah looks like that is my goal for today. Thanks @WolfNate !
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    My sim exploded after a few hours too, I was too busy trying to see if casting the fire and electrocution spell multiple times would kill another sim. But my sim was the only one that died.

This upset me, too. Time for mods so I can become a cruel dark lord.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I am hoping the witches can still have kids with a vampire, just that the kid will be either a vamp or a witch.
    I just realized something... I'm casting magic left and right and muggles don't give a hoot.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm really loving this pack so far, but one thing is kind of bothering me and it's not the game itself (for a change lol). All over I'm seeing people complaining that it's "too easy" to level up their spellcasters and how they've done it in like an hour of real-time. Where for me, I've only just gotten my spellcaster to master rank over the course of three days. Am I doing something wrong? lol
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    I just realized something... I'm casting magic left and right and muggles don't give a hoot.

I've noticed that they react, but don't get any buffs. Unless they're near an overcharged spellcaster and then they get a tense moodlet.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    I'm really loving this pack so far, but one thing is kind of bothering me and it's not the game itself (for a change lol). All over I'm seeing people complaining that it's "too easy" to level up their spellcasters and how they've done it in like an hour of real-time. Where for me, I've only just gotten my spellcaster to master rank over the course of three days. Am I doing something wrong? lol

Don't worry, I'm the same, I think my sim got Adept rank, then I had to restart for another reason, now he is back up to Adept, that's as far as I've got lol and I've hardly been off game myself!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    edited September 2019
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »

Don't worry, I'm the same, I think my sim got Adept rank, then I had to restart for another reason, now he is back up to Adept, that's as far as I've got lol and I've hardly been off game myself!

I'm glad I'm not the only one then. Granted I haven't been binge-playing, but I have been playing for a good chunk of evening hours since I got the pack (about 3 or so depending). And just got my tester spellcaster to the rank of master.
    Edit: I love your profile pic btw, it's super awesome.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    edited September 2019
    I’m enjoying so much about this pack. To be able to do all this little stuff with magic, to see them progress in their abilities with the changes to their animations- gah.

So many fun little details went into this and I love it. Right now I’m trying to do it with a 100 baby challenge so we shall see how that goes, but meanwhile it’s a hoot and a half to see my sim who needs to romance all the eligible men get cursed with repulisfy and have to time her seductions between the debuff. 🤣
    Post edited by RobinGreenthumb on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

Yeah, I'm not sure how they're doing it either. It took me about 4 Sim-weeks to get Rosemary to Virtuoso. That was 2 days real time, but I had time to binge.

Granted, I didn't use the gardening spell much, because I want her to actually level up in gardening. Same with cooking - I only use Delicioso when she's out and about and hungry but that's the only need that's low (I see no reason to use the needs potion if it's only one or two things.) Scruberoo and Repario I use a lot, though.

And that was playing her solo and cheating money to redecorate the house and cover bills.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Yeah, I'm not sure how they're doing it either. It took me about 4 Sim-weeks to get Rosemary to Virtuoso. That was 2 days real time, but I had time to binge.

Granted, I didn't use the gardening spell much, because I want her to actually level up in gardening. Same with cooking - I only use Delicioso when she's out and about and hungry but that's the only need that's low (I see no reason to use the needs potion if it's only one or two things.) Scruberoo and Repario I use a lot, though.

And that was playing her solo and cheating money to redecorate the house and cover bills.

It's boggling my mind a little there, unless they're outright cheating, or just plain binging I'm not getting it. The only other thing I can think of is that all the people commenting "It's too easy" are stuck in an echo chamber from either a random comment or a reviewer.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It took me at least 10-16 hours of gameplay to get mine to Virtuoso level @hallowchild. I didn't have great traits (just always friendly). I didn't use too many need potions although I did now and then.. mostly as I saw the end in sight lol. I sent my sim home to tend her garden and drop off bought/read tomes. I think you can learn it all by yourself or through the sages though.. I just didn't want to wait and besides reading the tomes looks darned good at a certain level. I sent my sim to festivals and did other gameplay now and then although she doesn't have a job, job.
    I feel like I was still grinding way more than I normally would but since it was all new it didn't feel like a grind.
    It's not a race. I plan on doing it even slower on the next spellcasters I make. Not to mention just living the lives of the top level casters as normal.
    @RobinGreenthumb can you scrubaroo the kids? .. I'm thinking this could be fun for once. Then you can zap up a meal for them? I'm thinking of doing a black widow again with a spellcaster, love potion them up then have a baby with each to seal the deal before they meet with an untimely death, hehe.
    egTcBMc.png
    @Hermitgirl just had my first turn into a toddler last night before I slept, so not 100% but I’m pretty sure you can! Between being able to clean the kids with a wave of the hand and being able to make massive vats of Mac and cheese to feed them-

I’m thinking this might be the challenge on easy mode once I get the curses removed. Because the Allure potion really helps, and between that and when I learn the silver tongue? Potion Ima be able to blast through suitors.

So I would say your plan is very doable 😉👌
    Anyone who says magic is easy and boring is obviously not into mages cuz it takes forever to rank up.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    There is an echo chamber @halloweenchild ... I don't think everyone is in on it, but there are a lot of folks that plain don't like this game and will jump at a chance to say it like they played it, or went to a friends house to play it (that one always cracks me up), or watched someone play it or just has to say oh my god this is terrible over it.

Then again there are different play styles. For me it's not hard... I can't do it super fast and don't want too but I definitely don't want the game making me grow a plant for a half a year or more to finally be able to make a potion. That's not fun, no way.. I'd give up. Thing is those that want to do that can do it that way.. they really can.. but seems they want everyone penalized. You don't have to buy that apple from a vendor, you don't have to buy the crystal from the computer.. go grow it yourself, find it, or fish it up.
    I know there are people that play for challenge.. but this really isn't that type of a game and to make it limited to only challenge loving players would make (I believe) the bulk of us miserable. We'd be searching for ways to mod or cheat and pulling our hair out over it. They mostly just have to limit themselves or throw in things that could make it harder (lot traits, other traits... try to play with curses ect), but I guess many can't do that for some strange reason.
    egTcBMc.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQHa-9iEGkU

Anyone think of this playing RoM?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

It's boggling my mind a little there, unless they're outright cheating, or just plain binging I'm not getting it. The only other thing I can think of is that all the people commenting "It's too easy" are stuck in an echo chamber from either a random comment or a reviewer.

Rude. Some people are just more focused on grinding.
    My first caster levelled very fast. She learned the needs potion and just copy pasta'd every time a need went yellow. And she made all her money using burglarate. If you use spells for everything you get max quickly. And potions is literally just grinding experiment on the cauldron.

Some people will always do things faster than others, because they simply focus on one aspect instead of taking the time to play out a story and do all the social stuff etc. I know I personally get very OCD on whatever I'm trying to achieve and I struggle to bother to have my sims have a life.
    I did nothing but advance through my magic didn't take me no hour to get to max rank like everyone's complaining they've done.
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I know there are people that play for challenge.. but this really isn't that type of a game and to make it limited to only challenge loving players would make (I believe) the bulk of us miserable. We'd be searching for ways to mod or cheat and pulling our hair out over it. They mostly just have to limit themselves or throw in things that could make it harder (lot traits, other traits... try to play with curses ect), but I guess many can't do that for some strange reason.

Deliberately limiting yourself doesn't give the same sense of satisfaction as genuinely overcoming a challenge.

Anyone who says magic is easy and boring is obviously not into mages cuz it takes forever to rank up.

Whoever says it takes forever to rank up is obviously not into mages enough to be efficient. See how that works?
    CelSims wrote: »

Whoever says it takes forever to rank up is obviously not into mages enough to be efficient. See how that works?

I played TEN HOURS OF NOTHING BUT CASTERS bub doing nothing but taking care of needs and playing in magic realm I did not get to max rank in like 3 hours of playing.
    edited September 2019
    I think the thing is, since after The Sims it hasn’t been about genuinely overcoming a challenge.

Like I LOVE sims 2. Still think gameplay wise it’s the best. Wish I could get sims 2 with sims 4 graphics but recognize with all the details of the world now that would take a lot of computer power.

But the only challenging aspect of it was through nostalgia glasses playing it as a kid. That’s why stuff like legacies and the ISBI and sooo many other wild challenges cropped up around that game. I even went back to it because I was all, ‘gee, earning money in legacies is easy in sims 4. I’m going to do a legacy in 2 again for more challenge.’

I actually earned more money faster. And got way more aspiration rewards. (Come to think of it, that’s probably why the needs potion doesn’t bother me too much. The electro need filler in sims 2 was only 15000 aspiration points which was 1 Dream date easy. That had five charges, no random downsides, and after a dream date you should be platinum and gold for awhile ANYWAY so no chance of failure and getting needs zapped dry.)

Now part of this is that I played sims 2 a lot. Like a lot a lot. So I learned the tricks. But I feel like a lot of people looking for a challenge kinda forget that it hasn’t really... been a goal of the sims for awhile.
    CelSims wrote: »

I played TEN HOURS OF NOTHING BUT CASTERS bub doing nothing but taking care of needs and playing in magic realm I did not get to max rank in like 3 hours of playing.

Well if we can stop slinging mud at people who simply play differently to each other, how do you feel generally about the time taken and how to level in the first place? Do you feel it's been a fun experience? I know I've, (literally) had a blast. The time to level it isn't a big deal to me either way. Maybe a little more danger would be nice :) and I'm looking forward to modders making 'heated duel' deadly and maybe also Inferniate....