Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clubs Clubs Clubs!!

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited December 2019
    isleroux wrote: »
    I have a slight obsession with creating clubs in my game. As it stands, I have 117 clubs :o

tumblr_inline_psruerYeT61ttct78_500.jpg
    tumblr_inline_psru58e0n01ttct78_500.jpg

I am a total perfectionist and micro manager style player and I seem to be on a one woman quest to create what I see as the "perfect world" for my play style.

If interested you can check out my thread on it.

My question is this: Is there a limit to how many clubs we can have?

@isleroux there is a mod out there that allows you to use more icons for your clubs. Like all the icons in TS4 are available, so you can further customize the icon for each of your unique clubs. https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/160488483060/the-sims-mod-more-club-and-holiday-icons
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    dlcalbaugh wrote: »
    I have all of the game packs available, a brand new (less than a year old) desktop computer, and I love clubs, however, I get so much lag when a full club meets at any lot in my game. Does anyone else experience lag during full club gatherings? Do you have any ideas about what I could do to fix this problem? I have no cc or mods, just pure Maxis content. My Sims all improve their skills so fast while in club gatherings when it works. Love it!

@dlcalbaugh I don't experience any lag at all when playing TS4 and I have had two clubs meeting at a bar with no issues. Have you posted on the EA help forum to see if anyone had any tips?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I try to create rival clubs in my games, but when I'm not on an active household that has a sim in one they don't seem to meet up on their own, how do I get that to work or am I found something wrong

@smurfy77 some of the clubs I create I will have them meet for instance at any Bar or any Park, or any Lounge, so when I go to those lots the club will spontaneously meet even though I am not playing a household in that club. It startled me the first time that happened, especially when Da Mischiefs, the fight club, met up and started fighting and stealing stuff at the bar in StrangerVille.
  • Options
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    I love the club feature. It is so helpful for family gatherings, etc. I just wish we could add Toddlers to clubs.

@Destin2016 with the Toddler stuff pack there is a toddler play date, so although it is not a club, it is a way to get toddlers to hang out together. I created a toddler section in the Magnolia park and have my playdates there, but you can create a custom lot for them too
  • Options
    Yeah I have a custom club, Celebrity Fit that only two star celebrities and above can join. They meet at pectoral fitness. I have the spa pack so I added a real yoga room, added two rock walls and the military fighting things from StrangerVille. It is on the gallery (you will have to use MOO to re-add the instructor's yoga mat on top of the place holder). It works out really well in my games.
  • Options
    DMDCT wrote: »
    @_natalie I've said this before and I'll say it again: It's highly unlikely for Maxis to create more club icons, as this would also mean adding all the corresponding swatches to doors, rugs, flags, insignia and the various pieces of CAS resources as well. Sorry to dash your hopes about this, but you'll have to make due with what we got.

@DMDCT don't understand your response since Zerbu's mod basically makes most in game icons available to the clubs without doing what you stated above. EA simply has to tweak the icons code for clubs and holidays.

Doesn't matter to me now as I use the mod, but would be great if they added the mod to a patch so console users had it too.
  • Options
    DMDCT wrote: »
    @MissyHissy Hi there! I've never heard of it to be honest, but it sounds intriguing!

By the way, have you tried to see what happens when you remove that mod from your game, and then hold a gathering with a club that was modified with this? I would love to know if such a procedure creates any issues on your end, since I only ever play on a single main save and thus rather paranoid about the long-term health of that file (exit without saving if you try this, of course).

I hope I'm not imposing in any way and thank you very much for bringing this to my attention!

@DMDCT do a save as with your main save file and use your save as file (rename it) to test out any new things so if there is a hiccup you won't mess up your main file.