Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clubs Clubs Clubs!!

Comments

• SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I only use clubs to find friends and dates for my sims, or to get an easy burst of aspiration points from the club leader aspiration :lol:
  • DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Dont mind me, just borrowing these club ideas
  • islerouxisleroux Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2019
    @DMDCT I find your way of doing things really interesting. It must be nice to see a sim walk by and immediately know a little about them. Almost like the Strangerville tags for "military personnel" or "conspiracy theorist".

I laughed a lot at "Psychotic" by the way. I may need to steal this one. Sometimes, I like to create job titles that indicate who people are. I had "🐸🐸🐸🐸 head" once for a sim but the game kept removing it. Maybe they knew I was being rude. I think she is a bar regular now, so I actually don't mind too much. It suits her character and look :D

*EDIT* Just checked on Tina and she was a lifeguard. :s Back to being a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 head.
    *EDIT 2* Sorry mods, I forgot that this word may not be allowed.
    Post edited by isleroux on
    tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º Dizzy Isy Save File º ✿ º
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Love that stay-at-home dads
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »
    I know right? They need some down time too.

By the way guys, Version 5 of my save file is out!! Just over 130 clubs :)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    isleroux wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »
    I know right? They need some down time too.

By the way guys, Version 5 of my save file is out!! Just over 130 clubs :)

Ah! I was just going to ask for a save file. Im suck at creating unique club. Tysm.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
    @dmdct looks like you are a member now, congrats!

You are so sweet to say that about my save file. It really is how I play the game. I know it is not to everyone's playing tastes, but it is so lovely to hear from people that they appreciated playing in it all the same.

I agree about the "huge and beautiful" builds. They are also unplayable for me. I worry that some of the new witch houses I installed in Glimmerbrook may not be that playable. I think I may have noticed some flickering around those parts recently. I will need to go into the save and fix that before I release the next version. A perfectionist's jobs is never done! :D But, honestly, that sort of stuff I actually enjoy resolving. What I hate is when the game glitches or deletes your hard work. That is soul-destroying! I saw your comment on my save file thread. The little dedication was absolutely deserved - you helped me out A LOT with the mods. :)

For those still looking for club ideas. I thought I would list some of the newer ones added to my game.

My Great Aunt Millie Wheelan's club:
    Fruitcake Folly
    "We all know what a fruitcake is, or at least we think we do. Culturally, it's a now a punchline, a maligned icon, the unpalatable loaf on your Aunt Millie's dessert table. Well Aunt Millie is fighting back and trying to spread the love for fruitcake!"

For sims with the gloomy trait but have some comedy skills:
    Cheerless Comedians
    "Why was the bed so depressed? Because nothing really mattress! Why are some magazines so sad? They have too many issues! What do you call a sad cup of coffee? Depresso! Why didn’t the egg want to hatch? Because egg-sistence is a nightmare."

Major Whiskers' ponzi scheme:
    Whiskers' Llama Scheme
    "Major is luring these investors into believing they can get even richer by investing in new "llama land" found in Pleasantview. The land of course doesn't exist, but he hopes they won't find that out before he gets the next victim on board."

For sims with the lazy trait:
    Lazy Bones
    "Become tense from household chores? Love comfortable furniture and watching TV? Do vampires fail when they try to command you to clean up? You are one of us, lazy to the core!"

Dinky Dogs
    "If you”re crazy about ankle-rubbing canines, and consider them your kids, this is a great way to meet and socialize with folks who are just as big on little dogs as you are."
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
    edited October 2019
    DMDCT wrote: »
    I hope you'll consider looking into Bienchen's townieoverhaul_lessfame for that.

Oh yes!! I knew I was forgetting something. Perhaps it is Paulson's mod causing me so much distress. Very interesting to hear that he is on your blacklist. I trust you implicitly when it comes to mods. I will get townieoverhaul.
    Some of the optional components of this mod include no more spawning of Selvadoradian locals, StrangerVille NPCs, Sulani locals, no more hidden stray pets, or simply no stray pets at all, etc.

The dream!!
    And finally, a question about clubs: Is the Tragic Clown a member of the Cheerless Comedians?

Right, so I swear...I have never seen the Tragic Clown. He is not in my households tab, nor in the hidden households tab. Am I being a bit dim? Is there something you have to do to summon him? He would be the perfect member of the Cheerless Comedians!!

I do however have a club for the Grim Reaper now.

You are to die for
    "Hover rather than walk? Plagued by an endless list of souls to reap on your tablet? Sick of sims trying to plead for their loved ones? Anyone else? Nope, just me then? I'll be playing my grim guitar after dark at the Necropolis"

Haha, I was rather proud of that one :p

edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Has anyone else noticed that club leadership does not pass on anymore? So if the leader dies, the club is rendered useless.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that club leadership does not pass on anymore? So if the leader dies, the club is rendered useless.

I had no idea club leadership at one time passed down.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
    edited October 2019
    @DMDCT
    It's happening! Cassandra is asking if he would like to join. :D
    tumblr_inline_pyslucBo0Z1ttct78_500.png
    Wait, you actually managed to get the Grim Reaper into a club!?! Even I haven't done that yet!
    You need MCCC in order to do this one, but yes, it's possible!
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I have had the same experience as @DMDCT The leadership gets passed randomly to another member of the club.
    However, I think you can lose a club completely in certain circumstances. For example, I had a club where the members needed to have a certain level of celebrity fame (rising star I think from memory) and my leader unfortunately lost a level meaning they were kicked out of the club. Fine. I get it, rules are rules. However, when I went to re-join (once LuLu upped her social media presence again) I couldn't find it. I had to recreate the club. Now, I don't know if that was just one time and a glitch or something that can randomly happen.

@DMDCT I have no mods or CC in my game and am using the latest version. I'll try repairing my game. An important point though, I play rotationally and it's when a club leader dies offscreen that the leader has not been replaced.
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    @isleroux I've been meaning to ask you how you manage to get all those custom paintings into your builds? I assume it's a mod perhaps? Whatever it is, I have no idea how you do it and I've looked far and wide without success. I'd love to know how you manage to do that.

By the way, Bienchen has just updated her townieoverhaul mod!

Also, good luck with having a tragic clown in your game! He seems to always show up at the worst possible moments for me, like during important dates, before major auditions and acting gigs... things like that. He is Murphy's Law incarnate!

You can add CC to your game, then paint it from reference and it will not count as Custom Content. You can also search the gallery for paintings. A lot of people upload them in 'rooms'.
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    @NoTalent I suspected something along those lines. The problem is that when I paint from reference, the painting is always pixelated (in an artsy sort of way), but in isleroux's builds, they are sharp and crisp. It's probably a mod to remove the filter, but if it is a mod, I haven't found it yet.

Yeah, I have no idea how they make the pictures so crisp and clear. They are doing some magic that I cannot figure out, either.
    @DMDCT I think a sim can join the club. It's just that nothing can be edited without a leader and that's annoying. Usually I always have my sims as club leaders. It's just this one club I didn't, the leader died offscreen and now there's no leader!
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on