Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Monthly Coming Out Tomorrow, Guesses On What’s In It.

So we all know that the Maxis Monthly is coming out at 11 PT, and they have been hinting that they are gonna give free content for Sims 4 anniversary. Do guess think it’ll be something big like spiral stairs or will it be another lame update where the patch stuff in from paid packs and recolor them. I hope if for something big but I’m trying not to get my hopes up. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    well they confirmed spiral stairs arent coming, maybe we'll see proper split leveling for U and L shaped stairs. im guessing a shirt maybe a few new items or whatever. i'm not expecting anything game-changing in this.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    CAS and build/buy as the gurus stated. Not expecting anything else, excited to see what assets we are getting though.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Possibilities include:
    - Off the grid stuff (solar panels, well)
    - An update to a base game skill (mischief, mixology)
    - A pond tool
    - Swimming in all worlds
    - Smaller versions of oversized base game stuff (telescope)
    - Cars
    - Freed babies
    - Updated ghosts and/or plantsims
    - CAS and B&B objects

I can see them adding something that's been asked for for awhile at the 5 year anniversary of the game. But as I haven't seen much hyping by the gurus for this update, it probably will just be something small.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    My guess the TS1 music on Alexis.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It's just CAS and BB, so probably some shirts recolored with their re-branded plumbob and a new chair.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Possibilities include:
    - Off the grid stuff (solar panels, well)
    - An update to a base game skill (mischief, mixology)
    - A pond tool
    - Swimming in all worlds
    - Smaller versions of oversized base game stuff (telescope)
    - Cars
    - Freed babies
    - Updated ghosts and/or plantsims
    - CAS and B&B objects

I can see them adding something that's been asked for for awhile at the 5 year anniversary of the game. But as I haven't seen much hyping by the gurus for this update, it probably will just be something small.

I would love to receive any or all of these possibilities, but given that we were already told that the update will be only CAS and BB items, it is very unlikely we will get updated skills, ghosts or babies or anything major.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    This is what they should put in CAS: shorter teens, color wheels, more sleepwears, more housecoats & robes, more hats & scarfs, more gloves, more streaks on all hairstyles, new tiaras & crowns, cloaks, capes, dark ages costumes and new body hair.
    For the Build Mode: attics, more roof designs & colors, stairs that can be on an angle & U shape, new unique mailboxes, trashcans, new flooring, walls, doors, windows, have off-the-grid for most bathtubs, toilets, sinks, showers, a generator radio & all candles.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    There could be an iconic item from each sims franchise maybe? The love heart bed to name one...
    My guess is there will probably be some t.shirt with a sims birthday logo or something on it.
    I definitely agree with all the items Serverfra listed.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I've got my fingers crossed for bridal veils,body piercings,pool slides and waterfalls and the vibrating heart shaped bed.
  • Options
    JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    the maxis monthly appears to only be 30 minutes long as well, or at least that's what they have scheduled so idk if we will get anything more than a few items.

but you never know, they could leave something up to surprise for the patch the next day.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I would be so happy if we got a babies update or cars.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Jnyx wrote: »
    the maxis monthly appears to only be 30 minutes long as well, or at least that's what they have scheduled so idk if we will get anything more than a few items.

but you never know, they could leave something up to surprise for the patch the next day.

yeah only 30 minutes sounds like its gonna be something small. i think even terrain patch was like an hour long wasn't it? i dont remember
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    It's just CAS and BB, so probably some shirts recolored with their re-branded plumbob and a new chair.

most likely though I wouldn't mind a rocking chair
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Jnyx wrote: »

And keep in mind the Fire Monkeys will be taking up part of that with Sims Mobile and Freeplay.
  • Options

most likely though I wouldn't mind a rocking chair

I wouldn't mind a rocking chair either or a porch swing for that matter that rocks back and forth.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm just crossing my fingers for the Island Living Island. Seriously, you have a counter but not an island in an island-themed pack?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm guessing recolors possibly with text they love that. They have a great track record of minimal effort its not like we will see updates needed for the base game like freed babies, fixed traits or cars.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'm just crossing my fingers for the Island Living Island. Seriously, you have a counter but not an island in an island-themed pack?

The islands are already confirmed to be in the patch (not as part of the anniversary items).
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I thought the Maxis Monthly was going to be abou the mobile game this time and very little about TS4. Or I read something to that effect.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Firemonkeys will have some part of it, but it was an addition in the tweet, definitely not focused on it. The focus in the tweet was new CAS and BB items for the anniversary.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I thought the Maxis Monthly was going to be abou the mobile game this time and very little about TS4. Or I read something to that effect.

The main part is about new cas and buy build coming to The Sims 4 Base Game for the 5th annivesary of the Sims 4. Firemonkeys will be a small part of the livestream.
  • Options
    78 minutes!!!!!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It's CAS and Build/Buy items as the guru stated.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    More fluff, don't expect anything with more depth, or a feature we actually wanted for years.
  • Options
    I'm hoping for some new hairstyles.
    10 Minutes!!!!