Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about attics/usable space under the roof ?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2019
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

This is awesome!! Do you have the link to that tutorial? :D

Yes I used this tutorial.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JgRb6Rf64o

Also you should see this amazing build to have inspiration for your attics. I really liked the attic of this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF6kDJ2Mvyo

Ah the attics made are functional the sims really go there and use the stuff without any problems.

Thanks!! :love:

ETA: aww I should've known it was Kate. She has such great building tutorials! :)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I’m still hoping for attics/being able to use the space under the roof. And ladders.
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Attics being usable space would be great for tiny living situations where you could have a loft of sorts. Attic ladders would be cool. It would be nice if there were different moodlets for being in an attic & that there was an actual designation of it being an attic space. It would be a great place for ghosts & haunting.
    There could be specific room traits-- like "creepy" for attics and some basements/cellars.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I wish we had the ability to treat the sides of the roof as inclined walls to give our attics a more realistic feel and make those bedrooms with one inclined wall because they're under a piece of roof. Vaulted ceilings would also be nice...and being able to paint the ceiling some color other than that same bland, sterile white which ruins every build that isn't a modern one in walls-up mode!! DX<
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    @Simslovinlycan I completely agree. I'd also like to be able to add floor tiles on a 2nd floor over a room that has no floor tiles but has the grid. For some reason I can't figure out how to add tiles. We were able to do that in Sims3.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Suceress wrote: »
    @Simslovinlycan I completely agree. I'd also like to be able to add floor tiles on a 2nd floor over a room that has no floor tiles but has the grid. For some reason I can't figure out how to add tiles. We were able to do that in Sims3.

Yeah, adding and deleting individual floor tiles to the grid is gone. Now, you have to use rooms to do the same thing you used to be able to do on the fly with the floor tool. Kind of annoying when you're trying to build a dilapidated building with missing floor bits...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Did it exist earlier on in Sims4? I seem to remember deleting half tiles and such before. I'd love to be able to just do individual floor tiles instead of the whole 🐸🐸🐸🐸 room. And deleting the walls seems to make the floor go away sometimes when I don't want it to do that. I had a hell of a time trying to create something like they have at the science center where there was an opening for the rocket ship. I wasn't able to accomplish what I wanted exactly because of the way it wanted to do the floors. I wonder if anything could be accomplished by placing a column with moveobjects on and then moving it to each spot where I want to have a floor tile and put a tile over it... I'll have to test that out.
  • Options
    OmaroofShadyOmaroofShady Posts: 17 New Member
    Agreed, I love to use every inch of the lot I'm on.
  • Options
    I have no idea why it censored my post... LOL.
    The ability to have Sims deal with angled ceilings in an attic would be nice-- have objects designed specifically to fit under & have decorations that work with the slope of the roof.