Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3D Printer, Pool Table, Fairs, Misc.

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited August 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Innovative and outside the box. A pack that offers Sims their own 3D printer. Everyone has one, right? ;) Why not give Sims one where the player can take a snap shot of a real object in real world and the Sim print it out for their home. Yes, I know you would need animations for the object. Why not give players a tool where they can animate the object. (There used to be free shareware in the real world that did just that. And someone could create (following instructions) the object to also be animated (with the software) and dropped into any scene as an animated character and or object. These two things would work hand in hand. Tools to animate the said printed object the player made the Sim create with a 3D printer in their home. Or on a lot. Of course, I assume the objects that could be printed would have to be things maybe already in game, and or somewhat not able to animate so much if animations aren't already in game. But it is outside the box. The software was not a Sim program but freeware to animate anything. Hope someone looks into that one day, maybe Maxis could 'borrow' it, since it was shareware.

Pool tables (more realistic) when might we see those? Ever? I know we have moved on and no one actually plays pool anymore, right? But it's funny every TV show etc. still have pubs with pool tables, people here still play pool. I don't think they have gone by the wayside just yet. Still a social game that people still use, other than a phone. Every sports bar in surrounding areas of where I live still have pool tables. Still a competiton and a thing.

County Fair, contests, enter foods, animals, beauty pagents (yes they still exist) chip throwing contests, concerts etc. One entry fee, summer or fall event, once a year. This is a chance to add a few farm animals for the purpose of caring and entering them in a contest for the Fair (included in the pack). Cleaning, feeding, vaccines, bonding with them. Perhaps just a hog contest if too much if not an EP. Biggest veggie contests (you can use the basegame plants) and maybe add a pumpkin.

FX concerts if we can't get real bands to enter, but Sims would watch and have fun and dance and sing along, and clap and cheer, and possibly use other packs to have a famous Sim enter a contest for singing, pagents, or (maybe just fashion (Sim sews their own outfits) instead of beauty if that is no longer acceptable to win a blue ribbon. Which could come with a perk. Sims who can already sing could have a singing contest. This is a chance for Maxis to build an open air stage.

NPC judges(make those as weird and funny as you like) with their own quirks of what they think about a Sim and or a dish and or an animal or a singer etc.

Stadium seating to go along with the open air stage, you know you have been to a fair that has those where the crowd sits and watches performance on the stage (again it could be an FX band but with real reactions). Or even a NPC band to perform.

But the most innovative things I have listed would be to give a Sim a 3D printer. (no cloning as in GTW).

ETA: If cows and or a hog is too much how about ducks? Ducks can be pets, too, in a County Fair pack they can be entered in a contest. And I forgot a few rides would be nice. And oh, and I forgot, the booths that sell fried icecream, and other fair foods. Also, booths that sell T-shirts, zanny hats, and glasses etc. Not a carnival but a fair. ETA: And just for a nice twist, our Sim could run their own booths, where they stand behind their table (like the a flea market table in one of the packs but with a canvas over it, and sell what they have created on thier own. Fairs are a great place to show off jams, honey, other foods we create, so why not let the Sim do that, too? the technology is already there but we need the programming to be able to create more things and put them in slots and in a booth and allow other Sims to buy. And our Sim might have to stay at the fair until closing time. A week event, possibly. I think Simmers would enjoy this twist.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I would love to have country fairs. Those would have worked well with Seasons. :)
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I want a pool table too. But I think they’re a huge pain to make for developers. In the Sims 3 the actual pool table was maybe 2x3 tiles, but since a sim has to bend over the side and reach back with a pool cue, the actual space required was 5x6 tiles. It’s hard to build around. So I hope if they figure out how to make a pool table in ts4, they aren’t super strict about routing (if that’s the right word to use), and I hope they skip all the trick shot animations. Lol, I would even just take a decorative pool table.
  • Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    County Fair, contests, enter foods, animals, beauty pagents (yes they still exist) chip throwing contests, concerts etc. One entry fee, summer or fall event, once a year. This is a chance to add a few farm animals for the purpose of caring and entering them in a contest for the Fair (included in the pack). Cleaning, feeding, vaccines, bonding with them. Perhaps just a hog contest if too much if not an EP. Biggest veggie contests (you can use the basegame plants) and maybe add a pumpkin.

You know, the last time I went to a fair, there was pies, crafts made of wood, handmade jewelry, leather items, handmade quilts...Quilt making skill! Leather making skill! Or vegan leather skill! Imagine making your own jewelry, bracelets, necklaces, earrings!