Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack Idea based on Steampunk / Clockwork

RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
I don't think this has been added for furniture, household items or structural (walls, floors, etc.) but I think it would be neat if they did.

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I don't think this has been added for furniture, household items or structural (walls, floors, etc.) but I think it would be neat if they did.

Very much agree. I love Steampunk style everything.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I really want this. Another option could be to add it to a "futuristic" pack of some sort and include Servos/Simbots/Plumbbots.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd buy a clock sp.
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited August 2019
    I support this.
    They could add another floating island similar to the one in Bioshock Infinite and even bring back those goofy goggles in Sims 2.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I really want this. Another option could be to add it to a "futuristic" pack of some sort and include Servos/Simbots/Plumbbots.

definitely. I'd buy that for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I would definitely get that. At the moment, most steampunk builds use Get Together and Vampires, from what I've seen. There's some great stuff, but it'd be rad to get more specifically steampunk stuff!
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    edited August 2019
    Gears, sprockets, junk piles of metal, rusted iron plating, steam powered appliances, riveted items, things with exposed bolts or screws, buckles, ornate headwear: I think of all those things when I think of clockwork/steampunk but they would also go really well with a simbot stuff pack. Possibly even a game pack.

Maybe we could visit a new area that consists of a lab on a floating airship where we can work on creating robotic life that when finished we can play as a sim that joins our household. Then expand that with new items in build/buy mode to decorate/ build with to make it all complete.

It sounds even more cool now :) Thanks for your ideas!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'd love some steampunk stuff
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    They need to do a Steampunk X Goth Stuff Pack.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    There was a Steampunk dlc for Sims 3 so maybe! We should petition Sims Team for this
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @WolfNate Petitions are against the forum rules as far as I know.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Ah sorry
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Been saying that this sort of pack would be awesome for a good while now. Would love to include not just 'steampunk' but also some 'cyberpubnk' stuff in a pack. Something like what I was thinking could almost be a game pack if some of the Servos, plumbots, and similar style stuff from Sims 3 not to mention other futuristic type stuff could honestly fill a game or expansion pack though with some prep.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    bubbajoe621bubbajoe621 Posts: 86 Member
    > @Vampris said:

> They could add another floating island

> @RebeccaThurston said:

>
    > Maybe we could visit a new area that consists of a lab on a floating airship where we can work on creating robotic life

This! I know we are getting a secret lot with Realm of Magic but I love them and it's been so long since we got one, especially since they missed the boat with Island Living.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I think it depends on what the clothing and build items look like and how often people can and will use them. Maybe if we same some concept art, I would be more interested it.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    This sounds cool. I would incorporate the style into Strangerville.