Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is Paka'a Uha?!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm pretty sure they were my roommate in one of my side-saves! Had no idea they were a premade, let alone a mer-person! Definitely adding them back to my game -- love their mer-person form!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    That reminds me, I should bring back Paka'a Uha. Originally got deleted when I thought it was just another random townie. I'll do that now before I forget again, heh!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited August 2020
    Paka'a is the Hawaiian god of the wind.

Nothing in Sulani is random (non-gameplay wise). There is meaning behind all the premades, their names and backgrounds. I really appreciate how much thought has gone into this. It might be a little lacking in gameplay, but that is because Island Living is more of a tribute to the polynesian culture and a nod to different people and characters set in a very beautiful and different environment.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    > @Nindigo said:
    > Paka'a is the Hawaiian god of the wind.
    >
    > Nothing in Sulani is random (non-gameplay wise). There is meaning behind all the premades, their names and backgrounds. I really appreciate how much thought has gone into this. It might be a little lacking in gameplay, but that is because Island Living is more of a tribute to the polynesian culture and a nod to different people and characters set in a very beautiful and different environment.

I agree! I love the whole area of Sulani and there was actually a lot of thought put into the characters there. I've been playing as kalamainu'u Iona a lot lately and she's a fantastic sim especially if you look up the lore of her name.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

I have Paka's Uha back in my game. :grin:
    What I found interesting is that there is two 'walks'.
    HYuKDc3.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Admiral8Q Yes, he has two walkstyles. I don't see him use both in the same game, but it's random which ones he chooses in a new game. I'm very much a fan of his body proportions as a female. I think he might've originally been designed as female and then changed to male, but retaining the feminine frame. Also, his face is smaller in his mermaid form. And would you look at them hips ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Ericabadu2Ericabadu2 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @SiliClone said:
    > This Sim...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I thought he was a random, at first, but it was said in another thread that someone else had him in game, so i checked, and he is in every new save, appears at random. He has a femminine frame, and the perky walking style, and he also has always the same traits... (goofball, music lover, child of the ocean, gregarious) .. the only different thing is the hair color in the mermaid form sometimes... is he in your game too?!

This simple comes with islander living and is a townie but not a randomly generated one.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The reason why you might not have noticed the Sim before is that they are a mermaid that came with Island Living and where formerly set as a hidden household when Island Living came out. They changed it later, but that will only affect new saves.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    edited July 2021
    My Sim (Ukupanipo Hekekia's daughter) met this guy in Sulani. Once I have noticed his lovely face, I immediately made my girl to flirt him
    Therefore, my girl's surname has already become Uha
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Paka'a appears in all my saves, usually showing up at festivals or working out at one of the gyms when not in Sulani.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!