Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is Paka'a Uha?!

Comments

• sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I was wondering about this sim too as I just recently noticed them popping up in my saves but never saw them before. I like their design, might have to integrate them into my story somehow. Definitely prefer them over the Sulani npcs.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    He neither looks good in female frame nor male
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • LenLen Posts: 1 New Member
    They are in my game! I met them at a boys night event at a bar.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    This sim showed up in my game and became best friends with my sim (they never socialized).

I thought it was just a random female townie tbh.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Paka'a suddenly showed up in the patch that made the pre-made mermaids NOT hidden households. I remember there was a discussion about him, if he was a random or not. Turns out he wasn't random. I was thinking Eaxis sneakily added another pre-made mermaid into the game. And he is quite lovely. He is part of my rotation in one save, playing him as a male, with a female partner. I've only seen him around in a couple more saves, but not interacted with him much in those.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I don't have him, but I wish I did. I may just start a new save and see if he pops up, and then grab him into my library so I can put him in deliberately...and if the game decides to throw him in anyway, then clones of him doesn't seem so bad.
  • HämärhemmoHämärhemmo Posts: 1 New Member
    When I saw him the first time I thought he was randomly generated sim. Then I noticed he is in almost all of my saves. It's kinda weird that he doesn't live anywhere and he doesn't have a description.
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    zxQUIDT.png

Hmm...related to David Bowie?
    bowie.jpg?w=980&q=75
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    I've seen him a couple times - he actually moved to the neighboring apartment in San Myshuno and I thought he was a girl at first. I just thought he was a random girl so I went and looked into him in CAS and I was shocked honestly.
    He is an absolutely GORGEOUS sim.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Paka'a was the first mermaid I sussed out for myself - or, rather, the first that my Sim discovered by asking, and having him dive off the deck.

Naturally, I knew from trailers that Nalani Mahi'ai is a mermaid - and my Sim has befriended her. But Paka'a was a nice surprise - a pretty, gender-ambivalent, male mer-Sim. If my Conservationist didn't have a boyfriend already, he'd be on the list. Instead, I am thinking of hooking him up with the island chief's māhū granddaughter.

Here was the reveal, after my Sim asked if he were a mermaid. He'd spontaneously called & asked to visit.

NBwMiAt.png
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I just love Paka! Usually my attempts to get sims to flirt results in embaressment and awkwardness but he is always up for a flirt and is easy to befriend.
    Ive married him twice now! :) First I have original Paka who I married to my rags to riches sim in Sulani where she became a mermaid too and they currently have twin girls.
    Then I married him to a male spellcaster and edited him is cas so they could have kids. Also altered his clothing to female. Even though I dress him in boyish outfits he really rocks the heels, jewellry and better make up choices!LOL They currently live in a creepy abandoned looking house with a secret basement (3 storey massive basement with living quarters, magicians study and workroom and a secret tropical grotto pool!).
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Paka is the closest thing to a random townie you have in your family bin at all times.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    his mermaid form is pretty.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
    He's a very pretty Sim! And seeing his difference in mer-form is what cued me in to the fact that appearances can be separate & quite different! Apparently, that was a thing people got used to with Vampires, but I don't care for the undead and that pack is not on my list.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Unfortunately that is a unique npc sim I deleted. Oops.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I gave him a makeover so that he looked more like a Merman not a Mermaid, but kept the eye makeup & the Mermaid Scale top.
    He's still prettier than your Sim, so there :P ;)

Nonbinary Sims, like nonbinary people, don't need to be "fixed". But I make-over Sims all the time, so fair's fair, I guess.
  • heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    I actually really love Paka'a Uha and I seem to run into them at gyms lol. I never play with premade NPCs but so far they're the only one with a cool enough aesthetic to make me want to try it out.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Oh I LOVE Paka'a Uha but unfortunatly he hasn't spawned yet in my main saved game and neither has Hekekia. I do have the other premade mermaids and those two missing are present in my other more younger and less populated saved games but I was wondering, if I were to import those two from those saves into my main game, is there a danger that the game might suddenly spawn those two in the future even though I have already added them in from my other saves or will the game recognise that they are already present? I really don't want duplicates. No matter how handsome and knockout cute they are :lol:
  • Princess_SerenePrincess_Serene Posts: 15 Member
    Paka'a Uha was the first fellow mersim my mermaid met, and she was quick to befriend him. Now he's her boyfriend, and he has a key to her house.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have him in my game. He is one of the base four mermaids that appear in every one of my new saves. However, his mermaid form is different for me.
  • mogshazmogshaz Posts: 24 Member
    Paka'a has a bit of the Baby Ariel syndrome: I know they are in my game, but never see them anywhere.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I encountered this adorable sim and the voice was the only thing that hinted that they were not a female. But I guess I thought this sim was a transwoman. How is one to know? Some posts here seem certain the sim is NB. Why is that? I didn’t see all the outfits or look in CAS so I guess I didn’t explore this very much.
    It’s ok if people have their own interpretation, right?
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    His mermaid form seems to be distinctly female, while his normal form is effeminate male.

In any case, he is gender-changed to woman in my game (transwoman effectively; same voice, can't give birth) and married to Duane Talla, and they have two CAS-made kids. I love my little Paka'a :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yeah there's quite a few sims they've done this with. They're built into the game but don't have a house, similar to Nalani, the ROM sages and the celebrities in Get Famous :)

Guess it's just a way of getting more townies into the game whilst still leaving usable homes for the player