Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What object can't be deleted, exactly?

I'm trying to make the foundation of my Sims' house lower, but I keep getting a message saying "This object can't be deleted". Does anyone know what might be causing this?
#ConsistencyForAliensTS4

Comments

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I know there are things in buy/debug that can't be deleted, but those aren't things that Sims should be able to leave lying around. Hopefully someone else has a better answer!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    There are a lot of items that can do this. Graves are one item that cannot be deleted. I had to put them in a sims inventory, then delete the sim (they were the only sim in the household) in order to remove the extra graves when I built a graveyard. It is possible that if you have debug plants around your foundation, it could be causing this too? Hopefully you can figure this out.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited August 2019
    There aren't any graves on that lot, and I don't think there are any debug plants either. There is a cloning machine that I cheated to get, but it's not in a place where it would be affected by the foundation.

UPDATE: It was the gate! I had a wall on top of the foundation around the outside of the lot, and I used bb.moveobjects to place the gate. Once I removed the gate, it worked. :D
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4