Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mental note don't get pufferfish nigiri from a stall...

My teen bought pufferfish nigiri from a stall. She had no cooking skill, she autonomously cooked it (my bad, she was starving) and promptly keeled over... I won't be letting them learn the recipe until they have at least some cooking skill

Comments

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    According to Carl's Sims 4 Guide:
    Poor quality carries a risk of 50%, and having your Sim in a bad mood when eating it will also increase the likelihood of an untimely demise. Sims who eat the pufferfish without dying will get a confident moodlet.
    It's very risky!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I play rotationally so it always makes me nervous seeing my sims eating pufferfish. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a sim make it autonomously, though.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I didn't think they were supposed to. I've never had it happen before (at least I haven't noticed). It may well be something to do with mods enabling it though. She was going to be my black widow sim... Her sister is too 'nice'. Maybe the next gen will spawn a black widow/widower.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I'm sorry that your Sim died, but I do like the irony that she was going to be a black widow.

And it's got to be mods. My Sims only ever make little basic things. Their favorites are cereal and walking through the kitchen into the back yard to make hot dogs.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yikes. The only time a sim of mine has been killed by Pufferfish Nigeri was when I made it happen for story purposes.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Can kids die if they eat poorly made pufferfish nigiri or is it just teens and up?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I’ve never tried anything aside from a ya/adult, I didn’t know teens could until she did! I might have to drag my test family (I made them for the vampire pack, I forget why) out of mothballs and see. They don’t get saved so there are no lasting consequences.
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    I'm sorry that your Sim died, but I do like the irony that she was going to be a black widow.

And it's got to be mods. My Sims only ever make little basic things. Their favorites are cereal and walking through the kitchen into the back yard to make hot dogs.

Is that after they grabbed a glass of water in the process then ignored the hotdogs they made and danced to a random radio station such as romantic or baroque whilst desperately hungry and needing to use the bathroom? hahaha :D
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Can kids die if they eat poorly made pufferfish nigiri or is it just teens and up?

Kids can die from eating pufferfish Nigeri, my sim couple was out to dinner when a kid at the next table died with his face in his plate...so yeah, they can die.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »

Kids can die from eating pufferfish Nigeri, my sim couple was out to dinner when a kid at the next table died with his face in his plate...so yeah, they can die.

Oh my gosh that's so dark. Time to have some fun with poor old Aubrey Benali... in two life stages when she's a Young Adult and can have kids.
    funny-gifs20.gif