Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Gameplay

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Both.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Dark Magic
    Hated to pick on this one. Hard to choose, because I don't want witches, but the rest, dark decor & potions, is what I want. I want unicorns, but not crazy about fairies. Hidden door, changing pictures, magic mirror, and potion store would be awesome, plus connecting it with retail so simmers can work in or have a potion shop.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    Don't get it twisted, Dark Magic doesn't mean Evil, and Light Magic doesn't mean Good.

Dark magic is fueled by Rage, Hate, Revenge; and Light magic is fueled Love, Happiness, Peace.

Good people are just as capable of Hate just as much as Evil People are capable of love. A Truly Evil Person will know how to use Love as a weapon and a Good Person will know how to justify their Hate, and vice versa.

Often Evil is born because that person lost the thing they love, until they find Love again.

And

Light Magic doesn't have to be Soft, Glittery, and Frail, Light Magic can be as edgy and equally as devastating as Dark Magic.

When I imagine Dark Magic I imagine magic inspired by Cold Shadows, Dark Auras/Energy blasts, Misery, Oblivion, Black Smoke constantly trying to snuff out the Light.

When I Imagine Light Magic I imagine Magic inspired by Warm Enduring Rays, Scorching Solar Flares, Light Aura/energy blasts, always lighting up the darkness.

I honestly want the two types of magic to balance each other out. like if two Sorcerers were to clash together, one of light the other of darkness, they could essentially mirror each other's powers. the Victor would be the one who was resourceful and strategic.

That's how I'm going to play with it. Both sides of the coin will have their time.

My simself is going to be a sorcerer, he's essentially Good, His Magic is Fire and Lightning based, and is well versed in Potions, Curses & Enchantments and Glamour spells. He'll need both Light and Dark Magic to survive what I have planned.
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i would like both with a skill tree like get famous had the bad rep/good rep routes

My problem with that is what kind of magic should hold weight in a Sim's Reputation and How long do I have to wait for that reputation to be forgotten or how much do I have to do to balance it out or cover it up.

Publicly Casting Curses? or even in Private?
    How you go about collecting Ingredients? I'd imagine collecting some ingredients would be morally challenging and inhumane when it comes to Curses. Like making a toddler cry so and collect their tears for a Curse of Infertility.
    Forbidden Magic, Magic that goes against the Laws of Magic. Magic that can be done but shouldn't.
    • Stealing Hearts - Ripping a Heart from a victim and taking control of their actions and emotions.
    • Necromancy - Raising the dead, Successfully bring back what once was dead or risk a zombie apocalypse.
    • Time Travel - Not sure how it would work, If you could go back in time through a Save and change the "Past" of the Save and How does it effect the "Present/Future" of that Save.

Publicly Undoing/breaking curses?
    Is my Sim Humane and moral about collecting ingredients?

I just don't want to get annoyed by every "Dark Magic" Spell interaction gives me a bad reputation.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Both please! I don't want to have just dark magic in the game, that'd be boring.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Dark Magic
    I'd like to have both too, but if I have to choose it's dark magic, because it sounds more fun.
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    Dark Magic
    Lquinn wrote: »
    @alex_alex09 .
    Is the first house in your pic list, the Adams family house?
    Yes!
    I think addams family would fit in a magic pack especially with the grandma always making spells
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Good magic
    I wanna pet unicorn!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Good magic
    Both & All of the Above. Once Upon A Time with Regina's Evil Queen beautiful hairstyles, outfits, boots, magic mirrior & her fireball. Emma's Light Magic blasts, her Dark Swan hairstyle & outfit. Charming's & Snow's hairstyles & outfits with the bow & arrow & the sword. The many Realms of Castles, pixie dust, magic waredrobe, slippers, carpet, beans, wishes & door.
  • Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    edited August 2019
    Dark, good, neutral.. just different kinds would be the best, for different kind of players, play styles and stories.

But if it's about appearance/style, I would lean little more on the dark side. B)
    Post edited by jj_____ on
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Dark Magic
    If we get both, I am going to make a good magic club and a evil magic club, and make them rivals.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Dark Magic
    I'd love to be able to do both and to be able to pursue different types of magic! I'm not so into the whole fairy/unicorn concept though, but that's just me. I'd much prefer to have detailed witches and magic with many different abilities. Think I'd probably play with dark magic more though. Might add a bit of drama to the game :D
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Dark Magic
    Technically both, but if I have to choose as they were presented here I'd have to go with dark because of witches. Although I want good witches too and I always liked fairies so yes, both is better 😀
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yes, please.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think the dark witch theme cuts too close to Vampires GP so I don't want repeat of theme
    also feel it would be very flat of a pack if it only had good magic in it

I am hoping for neutral theme where the good and evil both get their share of things to do and its possible to stay neutral as well
    More interested in witches than fairies personally but I do feel there could be a way to have both magic users

biggest want personally would be some dragons or other magical creatures though if I can just have that I am already happy simmer
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Yeah sorry but there has to be BOTH, not one or the other.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think it would be neat if we could have dark and light or evil and good versions of the same spells. There could be a spell affecting plants, where the dark version would infest a plant with weeds and insects, degrade a plant's quality back down to normal, or even kill a plant while the light version would cure a plant, cause it to bloom or fruit, evolve to a higher level of quality or revive it when dead. Obviously, good spells could clear or dispel bad weather (with a few new good varieties, like calling up a rainbow or causing an increase in blooming or rate of growth in plants) while bad spells could invoke terrible weather, deadly lightning strikes and plant-killing cold out of season. Or have sims cast a positive spell to raise friendship or love levels to max, as well as a negative version to degrade them to zero and create an enemy status instead; spells to drain or fill Sims motives (including the hunger motive) could be effective, or to inflict or cure illnesses in pets or sims, as well as to call up or banish pests of various kinds. It would be neat if all these spells had nice effects as well as new moodlets and whims arising from them.

Like someone else mentioned, I'd like to see the ability for witches to enchant certain objects, but make them function in ways either good or evil -- for instance, a Mary Poppins type spell for cleaning up dirty dishes, books and toys, and repairing broken electronics, could have a dark version which would make even more of a mess and break even more electronics. Good sims could enchant toys to play with and amuse their kids even more, while bad sims could enchant a toy to cause mischief, stalk, scare or otherwise bother child sims. Let's have sims cast spells which would make a sim cook excellent dishes, paint flawless masterpieces or write bestsellers, with a negative version whereby the quality of every meal, painting or book created by the enchanted sim would be much less, either normal or poor. On reaching the most powerful level of magic, a good witch could even have the ability to raise a sim from the dead, bringing them back to their normal selves and even younger (if they died of old age), while a bad witch could bring back a zombie with a very altered personality and a permanently angry emotional state. It might be fun to have a cornucopia spell, which, in its good version, would cause stoves or fridges to produce quantities of excellent level dishes (with extra servings) while in its bad version would empty their inventories and cause them to produce smaller servings, poor quality or even spoiled food which would make sims sick if they ate it. A spell to add nice things to a sim's inventory as gifts could be a thieving spell to steal from sims' inventories in its bad version. I also love that someone mentioned of Swan Lake type spells to enchant sims to take on an animal or occult state at night while remaining human during the day; a good version of this spell could cure those type of enchantments or protect against curses.

Some Harry Potter-type spells to turn invisible, duel another magical sim with a variety of curses, change a sim's appearance to mimic or copy another sim's appearance, turn back time, start or put out fires, summon objects or send them away, turn into an animal at will (a controllable one) and change back, and fix or break objects etc would also be welcome, but these would be more neutral spells rather than positively good or definitely evil ones.
    Post edited by simfriend1968 on
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Love all kinds of magic - it is just magical! That's the magic for me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Dark Magic
    We need both, because to me balance is vital, but dark is always more fun.