Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Art Store

QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
Do you own an art or photography store? Tell me about your art retail. Post your experiences, screenshots, etc., having to do with art stores.

Edit: Scroll to the end of my story page here on the forums to see screenshots of my art store, including the check out counter, warehouse, office, and upstairs area.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
Post edited by QueenofMyshuno on

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    I didn't have an art store only because I didn't think about it, cool idea. But I did have an art gallery where the artwork was on display for all to see. At the time I did this by having other sims paint those pictures by having a club system set up. I had 6 different clubs running at different times. You gave me a really good idea on what to do for the next time, thank you. :)
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    There's an art store and a photography studio in my Myshuno Meadows Mall.

The art store is pretty simple. It has a lot of art on the wall and a couple statues.

tumblr_inline_p9b30jn44m1ukb6nu_1280.png

The photography studio sells cameras and, of course, has a studio where Sims can get their photos taken.

tumblr_inline_p9b1vgLKzC1ukb6nu_1280.png

I've tried selling paintings at the Flea Market, but no one ever buys anything! Maybe an actual store will work out better.

4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I had a gallery once with only selfmade paintings and I really loved it, unfortunately that safe is long gone (was broken) so I can't show any screens but I might make a new one, also planning on making a photography store when I get the MSP.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    I guess I thought more people would be playing art stores, but maybe not? Mine has a basement that is "employees only" where I keep my originals (that sims made) and then the owner just copies and replaces them when people buy them. I'm going to post a story about it over on the story forum, and I'll link it here when I do in case anyone wants to see the screenshots for ideas.

@LaBlue0314 Great--I'm glad I could inspire you! I like your club system idea for paintings, too!

@phantasmkiss I love that you have a mall. Your art gallery and photography studio look great.

@RavenSpit Oh it's too bad you don't have any screenshots of that. What is MSP?

• Options
    Okay I edited my original post with a link to my 1800s art store post, fyi.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,132 Member
    I don't have an art gallery but the Ebenezer general store stocks a few paintings.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,774 Member
    I have an art store owned by my Sim, Claire Shepherd. Therefore, I called it Claire as Art. She makes money hand over fist with that business. She only opens three days a week when her astronaut husband is home to help out. That way, she doesn't have to pay employees.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @QueenofMyshuno MSP= moshino stuffpack :)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@QueenofMyshuno One of my vampires owns a Photo Studio & Gallery (store) He sells other sims photos, photos from his travels, some art, cameras and souvenirs from Selvadorada (he is an archaeologist). It works really nice :) I like the photo skill.

7RKuGAp.png
    HBx5vaR.png
    BtGB3li.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    I have started up an art gallery again but using the club system for my sim to sell other sim's art. Pure profit in my sim's pocketbook.

In a quaint little community called Sulani, Caitlin Rains started up a little art shop/studio.

68255662_1335541653262793_2902197547521015808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQkFwGhyLRn-KRU6hs3aRKEhy4HoyKo3KuAjnpb_gxUuIckhJKCjQBZiyl8G_ydHMxEbwVzVKGHZCUhCMLWLkQcq&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=10a61da67aba11b3538bb93806f6010d&oe=5DC96002

68401568_1335541583262800_1508753927263223808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQnu2RxbjXygNKnjm34BML2bL1MuC6sclDfIjrw89GvHBm3G23yQBzIkhZbfXWqSDZELkEQq86Pw-8qi_A-EfKzE&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=aa9c88b67a1199bf9aaf9dcd584b2f91&oe=5DC802F0

67892660_1335541559929469_5927202512275767296_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQmQnj-yWDowT5lmnjOGZwda_xXzqb5c8x3qKBMX0vRX1_I6-kYR0skuR_t-Fv52mVvZtDawRo4ZBmFjrpUuBZ7j&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=ad92d424f437f93dbb60a530d1392ba9&oe=5DED7E8E

Behind the doors.

69115161_1335541619929463_6488684613379031040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQmiyHJcV4tlcw1Vev1OaYAvoLOilFEMTardXEBMb7X86dBt-2vu0x5eDvXVakXWw8z3hjBPgBfARcfVdbvDhSxG&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=6ac09553062f264351e39f72557876cb&oe=5DC80CE6

Where the students (club system) works on their art.

67814506_1335541596596132_6852167476596178944_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQl1GmB52NChpEnyg7NfcFArzCfutp0T6pK2OgSHfbstV4wzeOFL5Ml2zP1XqLIadIyX68-98QzeZaCDl1M9N1SV&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=9787f3ac87a583bd7a4b168ee2b710fe&oe=5DE7DF87

The gallery does get quite busy, and Caitlin only stays open long enough till all the paintings sell for the day.

68885809_1335541683262790_134887502380007424_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQk5cXbZMJDPLLHDEIoYhfLam7l8g2TDwSKqwJGAViOPuy2eaDyq97ZLWNeruMNiMdU3xSplmJstFjU81Y0OrP2n&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=6596442d4d3f1f4888d96a9624d9ced8&oe=5DE439F0

They might not look like much but she sells only if the pieces are excellent or better.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    There's an art store and a photography studio in my Myshuno Meadows Mall.

The art store is pretty simple. It has a lot of art on the wall and a couple statues.

* snip *

The photography studio sells cameras and, of course, has a studio where Sims can get their photos taken.

tumblr_inline_p9b1vgLKzC1ukb6nu_1280.png

I've tried selling paintings at the Flea Market, but no one ever buys anything! Maybe an actual store will work out better.

I am so so sorry for barging in here and asking a question regarding one of your screenshots but how come your pictures of your sims are sharp and mine are so blurry?

I have maxed out the photography skill, have tried the best camera and the photo studio that came with GtW and still the pics are just grainy. I know that I could take sharp pictures years ago because I have one screenshot just as yours with good pictures. I just cannot achieve them now.

Don't know if I want to buy a Stuff Pack with the sole intent of taking pics if I cannot make them look good :/
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Do you own an art or photography store? Tell me about your art retail. Post your experiences, screenshots, etc., having to do with art stores.

Edit: Scroll to the end of my story page here on the forums to see screenshots of my art store, including the check out counter, warehouse, office, and upstairs area.

I do have an art gallery/photo studie in my game but I don't own it -- it's run by Eliza Pancakes after she and Bob won the lottery. I downloaded some rooms with paintings from the Gallery. Eventually I'd like to have a Sim that has a gallery filled with paintings s/he has created, but it takes a really long time to get that many unique paintings so it might take a while. It's on my back burner as a long term project.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited August 2019
    I am so so sorry for barging in here and asking a question regarding one of your screenshots but how come your pictures of your sims are sharp and mine are so blurry?

I have maxed out the photography skill, have tried the best camera and the photo studio that came with GtW and still the pics are just grainy. I know that I could take sharp pictures years ago because I have one screenshot just as yours with good pictures. I just cannot achieve them now.

Don't know if I want to buy a Stuff Pack with the sole intent of taking pics if I cannot make them look good :/

I used a maxed-out photographer, the photo studio, and the best camera, and made sure there were plenty of lights. All my photos are the largest size, and I took lots and lots of photos, then only framed/displayed the best.

I don't know why yours are blurry, but I can tell you that even good photographers take bad pictures sometimes, they just tend to take fewer bad ones and more good ones. I don't know if graphics settings have anything to do with anything, but mine are set to default, and I don't use laptop mode. My best advice is just keep trying!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    @Mariefoxprice83 That sounds nice. I'm planning on making a general store one of these days when I get around to it.

@telemwill I like the name of your store--very cute!

@emere That's such a cool idea to sell travel photos and souvenirs!

@LaBlue0314 It sounds like a great system you have going!

@stilljustme2 You can get paintings on the gallery?? I didn't even know that. I'm going to check that out.
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    @QueenofMyshuno MSP= moshino stuffpack :)

I see the phrase "Moschino Stuff Pack" everywhere I look, so I don't know why my brain didn't make the very simple connection, LOL.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I used a maxed-out photographer, the photo studio, and the best camera, and made sure there were plenty of lights. All my photos are the largest size, and I took lots and lots of photos, then only framed/displayed the best.

I don't know why yours are blurry, but I can tell you that even good photographers take bad pictures sometimes, they just tend to take fewer bad ones and more good ones. I don't know if graphics settings have anything to do with anything, but mine are set to default, and I don't use laptop mode. My best advice is just keep trying!

Thank you so much for answering :)

Turns out it was a bug, getting pics together so that I can show Maxis how to find it.

Cheers!