Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why has no one mentioned this?

I need to know WHY the sims makers thought it was a good idea to update it where the children will not change their clothes before school anymore, any why has no one mentioned it? I literally have three teens, two kids and two toddlers. Its hard enough micromanaging and there's no way I can change them all before school. They now go in their swimming suits or pajamas and it kills me.
I'm waiting for someone to make a mod for this. Anyone know why they thought this was a good idea? And how do you feel about it?
Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    I thought some mod broke this but yeah my teen sim literally went to school with only towel on. In the meantime I belive littlemssam has a mod that makr kid/teen to go to school always in their everyday/formal outfit
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    My kids and teens switch clothes before school.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I completely agree - I keep having to delete the Go to School interaction so I can make them not go to school in their underwear... :s
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    well I found it funny once way before they patched this into the game, when my sim child went to school in his onesie xD It kind of made sense because he was sad and he's generally gloomy but since the patch they all just go to school in whatever they're wearing at the time and it's not funny anymore, it doesn't add to my story like it did that one time.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've been looking for someone to mention this as well, but haven't found anything. My kids will usually go to school in PJ's and swimwear, where before they would always change to everyday outfit. Been thinking its a mod I have, because I've gotten several lately (quite a few from LittleMsSam and a couple from MTS) to get rid of annoyances.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    My kids always change twice on their own before they go to school, first to their regular outfit and the next moment to swimwear.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I think that's bug. At one point my kids weren't changing, but last time I played they were doing it again.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    My sim kids are changing they’re clothes.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    As I've been lately playing mostly in Sulani all my kids nowadays wear their swimsuits to school. I don't like that. I'd like them to wear their normal outfits or the ones specific to the weather outside.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    There is a mod for it. I believe it’s by @LittleMsSam and it’s called something to the effect of “Children Change Into Everyday For School” or something like that.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I think Seasons broke something with the outfits last year so sims would only leave the house in everyday wear even if it was freezing or hot out and that must be what needed a fix.

I find that if their is a uniform like say for the careers they will auto change (so most adults and when teens go to work) but my sim that's an actor has been going to auditions in his pjs and it irks me everytime I don't catch it.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I think I saw it mentioned in a patch somewhere, I'll have to look, but they said you could choose what outfit your kids go to school in, which can be great if they wanna dress up for love day or something, my sim kids in Sulani will leave in their swimsuits even,in winter if I'm not fast enough to catch it lol
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Found it, it was the June 18th patch, it said teens, but children do it too
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Hmm, all my teens and children so far seem to be going to school as normal, in every day or appropriate hot/cold weather attire.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I also did not like it when I heard it. I like that sims cloth themselves the proper way and IF you do not like the proper way, YOU can change it. I think it should be the other way around.

Pls developers, change it back.
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I need to know WHY the sims makers thought it was a good idea to update it where the children will not change their clothes before school anymore, any why has no one mentioned it? I literally have three teens, two kids and two toddlers. Its hard enough micromanaging and there's no way I can change them all before school. They now go in their swimming suits or pajamas and it kills me.
    I'm waiting for someone to make a mod for this. Anyone know why they thought this was a good idea? And how do you feel about it?

I do my best to avoid it by making sure my younger Sims all shower each morning regardless of their hygiene need (I commonly use the reward traits to slow decay).

The only way this could be beneficial is if you perhaps have a separate outfit made up as a school uniform or something, and you change them into that before they leave, but even then that would be irritating to micromanage. For the most part it does seem like a pretty stupid thing to implement and it gets on my nerves too. I'm genuinely rather curious to know what the line of thought behind this was.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Admittedly, I like that the developers are opting for a more laidback and tolerant atmosphere in the game, rather than nurturing the rigid rules-and-control environment that so many players seem to exercise.

Some of my Sims kids change clothes before going to school while other go in their undies. I can't get agitated about it. It's just a game =)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    finnthesimmerfinnthesimmer Posts: 34 Member
    My kids keep going in their pjs haha
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My kids' PJs are underwear, so I am glad they still change into everyday when they go to school - possibly only because they'll change into everyday to go outdoors, but still!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Admittedly, I like that the developers are opting for a more laidback and tolerant atmosphere in the game, rather than nurturing the rigid rules-and-control environment that so many players seem to exercise.

Some of my Sims kids change clothes before going to school while other go in their undies. I can't get agitated about it. It's just a game =)

Not everybody is casual Californian. This may be a 'game' but players should be able to decide and implement how they want to raise their digital kids.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    And I'm so very happy I use the MCCC mod. All I have to do is pause my game, click on the offending Sim, click the MCCC in the menu, select dresser and then choose the outfit more befitting the occasion. But, yes, it's crazy-insane. I just had a toddler twirl herself around, twice and still no pajamas. She really doesn't need to sleep in her full Winter gear, jacket, hat, gloves and all! :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    And I'm so very happy I use the MCCC mod. All I have to do is pause my game, click on the offending Sim, click the MCCC in the menu, select dresser and then choose the outfit more befitting the occasion. But, yes, it's crazy-insane. I just had a toddler twirl herself around, twice and still no pajamas. She really doesn't need to sleep in her full Winter gear, jacket, hat, gloves and all! :open_mouth:

@GalacticGal: why use MCCC? Why not just use the "outfits" option when you click on the sim? It shows you all outfits in each of the categories. I don't use the MCCC dresser function, which is why I'm asking (curiosity, you know ☺).
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

@GalacticGal: why use MCCC? Why not just use the "outfits" option when you click on the sim? It shows you all outfits in each of the categories. I don't use the MCCC dresser function, which is why I'm asking (curiosity, you know ☺).

The normal outfits option makes your sim stop and switch outfits. Which if they’re already on their way out, they might not have time to do before they disappear off the lot. The MCCC option ‘forces’ the outfit onto the sim immediately without them doing the spinning animation they do and can be done while the game is paused.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »

Not everybody is casual Californian. This may be a 'game' but players should be able to decide and implement how they want to raise their digital kids.

And not everybody is American even. We don't have school uniforms in my country, for example. ;)

But to the original question: I think that it's a bug and I thought they fixed it. It wouldn't bother me personally, other than when the child is affected badly by weather because of what they wear.
  • Options
    BanditInstantBanditInstant Posts: 3 New Member
    Thought this was a glitch/bug