Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last adult in a household dying of old age.

I've only recently got sims 4 so I don't know everything yet. I'm currently playing with this family that has 4 kids. 2 young adults,a child soon to be teen and a toddler. I've moved the YA out. The father just died of old age and the mom's also an elder and her age bar is over halfway full. I'm mostly focusing on the YA. In sims 3,if there was only one adult left in a household other than your active,they didn't die until the minor reached teenagehood or young adulthood. Does the same thing happen in sims 4 or can the mother die at a moment I'm playing with the YA? b)If she can-in fact-die,if her oldest son has aged up to a teen by then,will his toddler brother be taken away or left for him to raise?

Comments

• Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    If you have aging on for all played households and not just active household, then yes the mom can die but I'm not sure what will happen to the kids.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    As long as the child becomes a teen before she dies they'll be fine.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    As long as the child becomes a teen before she dies they'll be fine.

This.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yep, if they're a teen then they'll stay in the household to raise the toddler :)
  • Options
    simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    If you want, you could throw a birthday party for the child so that your household is safe in case of an emergency, such as all of the adults dying
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yep if you have a teen or older you are fine, if you don't the kids and tots will be taken away
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Plus it can be rather a challenge to run a house with a teen as the eldest, trying to balance school and work in order to keep the kids around and home running.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    You can also move one of theYAs back in if you don't want to age the child up prematurely.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel