Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Gardening is Glitched Too Since IL Patch

wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
Since the IL patch, my Sims won't complete actions queued, you cannot cancel actions, sims teleport back and forth as if they don't know where they are supposed to be, items are getting stuck to sims, toddlers are practically unplayable.....etc., etc., etc.,

Ok... now my gardening is borked too. My sim froze when I sent him to "Tend Garden". I canceled the action (of course, it did not cancel), set a new action to "Harvest All" and he was still frozen (though he did "teleport" several times between the actions on two different plants). I reset the sim and now the plants have been harvested, but my sim did not get the harvestables in his inventory.

My harvestables (the ones that I do manage to get) are now worth way less money than they used to be. For example - I have "Perfect" pomegranates that were harvested some time ago that are worth $1838. I have "Perfect" ones recently harvested that are worth $ 83. This is the same for all my harvestables. I don't know if this is recent or something that changed when Gardening was changed last year, but WOW...what a difference. How can you do gardening for a living when you get $3 for a "Perfect" Spinach? This is with a sim with Level 10 Gardening and all the Gardening Traits.

Comments

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I empathize with your struggle here. Did you check the household inventory for the harvestables as well? Sometimes they end up in the household inventory instead of the sims' inventory. IDK why. I haven't paid attention to what harvestables are being sold for now, but I would guess that changed with the gardening patch. Maybe someone else has more insight, however. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I will say that if you haven't yet you should head on over to AHQ and post there.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    I empathize with your struggle here. Did you check the household inventory for the harvestables as well? Sometimes they end up in the household inventory instead of the sims' inventory. IDK why. I haven't paid attention to what harvestables are being sold for now, but I would guess that changed with the gardening patch. Maybe someone else has more insight, however. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I will say that if you haven't yet you should head on over to AHQ and post there.

Thanks @ShadyLady89

Unfortunately the harvestables are not in my household inventory either.

I was posting here to see if anyone else had experienced this (or that it wasn't just something I was overlooking, like the household inventory) before posting on AHQ.

I do appreciate your advice.
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I've had a Sim get stuck whilst gardening a few times since the patch. She stands around for three or four in game hours when told to tend the garden on occasion or stands there watering the same plant for far longer than she needs to. It does seem like a few things have gone down in terms of value and I have noticed that pomegranates are one of the plants altered, but others are still ridiculous. My Sim recently planted nine orchid plants and the money from them adds up to almost a roughly $420,000 a week (which is incredibly stupid in itself) and they're only nice quality.

My biggest issue has been things getting stuck to Sims. Dinnertime is the absolute worst because anything involving an empty plate ends in glitches about 90% of the time with Sims standing around for hours, or sometimes until they're reset.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've had some trouble with "Tend garden" before, so now I only do the individual commands. My current greenhouse doesn't hold many plants (haven't even enabled all the sprinklers), as I don't really garden for money. I keep everything they harvest for cooking/future flower arranging. So no idea about the change in pricing, unfortunately :/ I do see a lot of teleporting/rubberbanding, though, and not just with gardening either.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    A lot of the bugs you mentioned have been reported over at the bug-report forum, if you'd like to 'me-too' them; you can find many that you've mentioned at this link under 'Popular Now'. There's a multiple-toddler-issues bug-report here.

The more 'me-too's' there are, the higher the priority for fixing it.

eta: forgot to say, I didn't see your gardening issue under 'gardening issues,' but it might be there somewhere. If not--want to make a bug-report for it? :smile:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My sim that has a garden only has a really small one on Sulani - but so far no issues with it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Tiarella wrote: »
    A lot of the bugs you mentioned have been reported over at the bug-report forum, if you'd like to 'me-too' them; you can find many that you've mentioned at this link under 'Popular Now'. There's a multiple-toddler-issues bug-report here.

The more 'me-too's' there are, the higher the priority for fixing it.

eta: forgot to say, I didn't see your gardening issue under 'gardening issues,' but it might be there somewhere. If not--want to make a bug-report for it? :smile:

Thanks @Tiarella

I "ME Too"ed on the Toddler issue several days ago and I see it now has 398 people, so hopefully they are working on it. It has gotten worse for me the last couple days. It is so frustrating to try and play toddlers.

I'm going to check through the link you gave me for the gardening issue. WOW...that list of S4 bugs reported is extremely long...