Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Welome Wagon Broken

I can't find the thread on what the June patch broke, so am starting this one. Have discovered today that the welcome wagon no longer works. Prior to the patch it worked just fine, having installed a new household a day or two before its release. I set up another new household today and still no welcoming visitors at the end of 2 sim days. They have always arrived the morning of day one right around noon until now. Before anyone asks, no mods, very little CC - and that being what was present when the welcoming still worked.

Comments

• Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Are your sims in Sulani? On my 2 test games I tried before I decided to play there the Welcome Wagon worked. But when I went to start my real game they didn't show up I found them out in the lagoon treading water cause the game decided to pick sims that where swimming to be the Welcome Wagon.

I would still check the CC just incase any needed to be update as some got broken by the patch unless you already checked.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    I started a new game yesterday in Windenburg and the Welcome Wagon definitely showed up - in fact, it showed up twice! The first ended prematurely without my input though so perhaps it was something to do with that? Hopefully a one off glitch. At least my sims know all their neighbours now I guess. I have started new games before and the WW hasn't shown, but this was way before the last patch.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think this bug goes back to CL. You might want to look on bug forum and see if it's still a problem.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    when i first played island living the welcome wagon came to welcome my sims so i do not know why you say its broken?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2019
    My welcome wagon came as a group of four after I installed Sulani. They must have liked coming as they came again a few nights later! (no mods, cc....) :)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    Are your sims in Sulani? On my 2 test games I tried before I decided to play there the Welcome Wagon worked. But when I went to start my real game they didn't show up I found them out in the lagoon treading water cause the game decided to pick sims that where swimming to be the Welcome Wagon.

I would still check the CC just incase any needed to be update as some got broken by the patch unless you already checked.

Household in question is in Strangervillle. I do not have the IL pack. Your experience sounds like one more messed up feature of IL among the many that are why I'm not getting said pack unless the devs fix it and it goes on a serious sale. And Titanic will be arriving in Boston next week. Is there an easy way to check the CC?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I almost wonder if you have some bug because you don't have IL. The welcome wagon is coming everywhere in my game. Even later in the afternoon if I start a household late.
    Have you checked to see if it's a reported bug?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Checked the bug place at your suggestion and it isn't listed. Started filling out a report & was reminded (as per Scott above) to check the CC. Tried a new game with CC disabled. The welcomers arrived as should have. Now, what is the best way to find the culprit? Although I don't have a lot (mostly wall patterns, a few windows, a little bit of furniture, and some outfits), am not in the position to be constantly starting new households as I add stuff in. Never, ever, had this problem in TS2.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't use much CC only some mods now and then.. there is this thread and there are simmers in it that use all that stuff more frequently and some might even know off the top of their head what could be causing the problem, all I know is the 50/50 method of testing for bad cc and doing things like clearing cache.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-patch/p1
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Thank you for the update and the link! Fortunately, I have no mods at all, and not all that much CC, but it still may take a while. Reading through the postings there looking to see if my stuff is listed reminded me of Pearl Harbor around noon of 7 Dec 41, all the damage reports coming in, trying to re-organize, and planning what to do for cleaning up the mess. It's really sad out there, and I feel bad for the players wtih broken stuff and the modders/CCmakers that need to check and repair. It was never this bad with TS2, and I had a lot of CC in that one. One is tempted to think EA does this deliberately, but will try to not go there.
  • Options
    Have narrowed it down to one CC file that was recently downloaded but not yet used. Even the chicken coop works just fine and causes no issues. Disposing of the culprit will be quite painless.