Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👩‍🌾Farming! Is it one of the packs soon to come?👨‍🌾

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It’s coming!
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I think it will come. And I sincerely hope they'll give us some decent off the grid gameplay items when it comes. Like windmills, water pumps, lots of animals, solar panels, etc. Like, sure, give us some of the traditional farming stuff, but also, give us some really modern, high-tech farming equipment. Cause that would be neat. <3

Yes! Also they gave us new tropical crops in Island Living like pineapples or coconuts, along with chickens, so we could make tropical farms!

That sounds really good actually. I'm ready for it =D
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Unsure.
    It's a game pack at most. I don't know what "new gameplay" they could possibly fit into a pack that's glorified farming.

Pet horses and ponies that we can make through CAS/adopt, etc like cats and dogs.
    Training horses and getting into competitions
    Growing livestock like cows and chicken.
    New harvestables/crops/ingredients (cabbages, lettuce, corn, wheat, hay, plums etc) .
    Produce markets where we can sell the crops plus other ingredients like eggs, milk, corn, flour, butter etc.
    Barns
    Making compost to use as fertiliser
    Jam, marmalade and jelly making
    Solar panels
    Etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's a game pack at most. I don't know what "new gameplay" they could possibly fit into a pack that's glorified farming.
    Training horses and getting into competitions

Riding competitions sound really good! We could even be a professional rider and earn money from the competitions.

Concerning horses, I also hope there will be unicorns that have special abilities like reviving plants like in Sims 3!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    No, it’s not coming.
    I personally don’t think they will make a pack that requires such hard work these days. I mean they would need to create new animations for the animals! We already have cats and dogs, guys!!

Sorry, I’m just speaking in EAxis logic.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    It’s coming!
    I think it is coming, so I went with it definitely is! :smiley: It's the second most wanted for me, after magical and we know we are getting that on or before September this year as that is the end of the second fiscal quarter and the end of the six month period mentioned back in April. That leave the third and fourth quarter up for grabs. I was all set for University being this autumn until I read the earlier post on this thread saying they may well leave that to the very last EP of all for sales. I wouldn't be surprised but I hope they get it out of the way, I am not keen at all and it would stop people asking for it. Selfish, I know, sorry.

I would also like to see some other types of packs in coming years, a futuristic one would be great and, depending on what they give us with RoM, something set in a previous era. It's great to have options beyond contemporary for building and CAS.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    It’s coming!
    My farmer sincerely hopes it’s coming. I hope they have animals we can get eggs, milk, wool, and meat from. A chicken, cow, sheep, goat and pig would be great. I hope it’s an expansion with some larger lots. It would be super cool to get a country fair, and a country town. Some new harvestable like corn, hay, peaches. Some new home made recipe’s like peach and blackberry cobbler, and fried chicken with homemade mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Chicken fried steak. A cotton candy machine and snow cone maker ( great for a county fair). A homemade ice cream maker to make ice cream the old fashioned way would be cute too. I’d like to see a canning station, a sewing machine( where we could make our own clothes, rag dolls and stuffed animals. A butter churn, a picnic basket and picnic animations. I can’t wait. I hope they put a lot of detail in it. I’m not a supernatural player, but I don’t mind if they put werewolves in the pack, or team it with medieval stuff. I hope they bring real babies out first so they can add a rocking chair. Needle point would be great for elderly women.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited July 2019
    Unsure.
    I already have farmer sim ready
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    As much as I hope it will be next and would love a farming pack. I do think university will be before farming.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I'm open to Farming, but It's not what I really really want. What I really really want is a University/School pack.

I definitely want university _more_ than farming, but my hope is that after Magic in October, we will see a University expansion pack next, ideally before the end of 2019. Then, since they have tended to do sort of new and different things with game packs in February, that would be a great time to introduce a farming game pack. (I don't really think there's enough there for an expansion pack.)

As for what I would like to see in this pack, I would like new harvestables (particularly more fruit trees), the return of nectar-making, cows/milking/cheesemaking, chickens/eggs, a sewing machine like the one in Sims 2, and some sort of roadside stand object (which should be relatively simple for them to repurpose from the City Living produce stand), and gameplay related to a farmer's market and/or county fair. A useable well would be a nice object to include, as well as other items that could be integrated into the off-the-grid system (which hopefully they will improve before then, either way). And of course, horses would be fun, although I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    I hope it’s coming!
    Oh, and kudos to all those above who mentioned butter churns, jam making, water pumps, windmills, etc. Those all sound good!
  • Options
    I hope it’s coming!
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    My farmer sincerely hopes it’s coming. I hope they have animals we can get eggs, milk, wool, and meat from. A chicken, cow, sheep, goat and pig would be great. I hope it’s an expansion with some larger lots. It would be super cool to get a country fair, and a country town. Some new harvestable like corn, hay, peaches. Some new home made recipe’s like peach and blackberry cobbler, and fried chicken with homemade mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Chicken fried steak. A cotton candy machine and snow cone maker ( great for a county fair). A homemade ice cream maker to make ice cream the old fashioned way would be cute too. I’d like to see a canning station, a sewing machine( where we could make our own clothes, rag dolls and stuffed animals. A butter churn, a picnic basket and picnic animations. I can’t wait. I hope they put a lot of detail in it. I’m not a supernatural player, but I don’t mind if they put werewolves in the pack, or team it with medieval stuff. I hope they bring real babies out first so they can add a rocking chair. Needle point would be great for elderly women.

Peaches, yes!! This is my number one most-missed harvestable!

Possibly because it is peach season right here in real life... they are perfect and wonderful, and I am eating them with every meal. :D
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2019
    I hope it’s coming!
    I hope the next EP in November 2019 is "University", in June 2020 it will be "Farming" and to end the series in November 2020 the last EP release will be "Free Time".
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Unsure.
    Not sure if it's the next pack or not, but honestly, I don't really care that much about farming. And to be honest I don't know what the fuss is about.
    We already have gardening, what else could be added except for farm animals? I'm not bashing people who'd love this, but I'm really wondering how immersive it would be....
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member

A tractor - like sims 3 where it would run on a special track on the lot. It could water, fertilize and harvest large crops

The butterchurn - make your own butter and cream, maybe sell it

Sheep - shear them for wool which could then be made into yarn for knitting (maybe make our own sweaters)

Cows for milking

Cheese making

Living off the grid or at a reduced level

Selling crops to the city - having a more positive effect on dining because it's fresh

State Fair!! livestock judging, ferris wheel, pie eating, judging produce or canned products

Canning!!

Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    It’s coming!
    I've said it before on other threads and I'll say it again - please add alpacas/llamas! If Its farm animal themed, I want chickens, cows, sheep, and llamas or alpacas. Alpacas are cuter and fluffier, so I'd like that, but llamas are Sims mascot so they gotta add it right?? For wool for new sewing/knitting interaction. (Can be portable hobby, sit down anywhere and pull out a yarn with needles to knit) and of course eggs, milk, butter, cheese can all be used in cooking. I also want farm markets, to sell and buy stuff, and grocery stores!
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Eh. I don’t care.
    Not to poo-poo anyone who does, but without open worlds for horseback riding, and with the already pretty robust gardening system that we already have and that I already basically never play with unless I have to, for me personally and my gameplay style farming is pretty low-to-bottom on my wishlist.

Obviously I'll be happy for everyone else if/when it is ever announced, but if the game was being made for me and me alone then it would be years before we'd see it.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    Farming need some kind of new world with offer large space of lots/land, I'm more worried of more bug coming in, it's seem more EX and more game will be break like sims 3 because new and old code won't work together, I hope we do had some neat new stuff add but as long they didn't break and fix older bugs, I'm all good for it.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I hope it's coming but I doubt it will happen this year. I really doubt it will be the next EP.
    I'm really looking forward to the possibilities of a Farm EP though. I want so much related to setting a farming life for some of my sims. I just hope there is possibilities to craft or process what you farm to use or sell. Also hope for a rural world to come with it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Unsure.
    I still prefer University
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    The fact that a dev made a Twitter poll about what players would want to see in a farming pack says it's on the table, at the very least.

Expanded off-the-grid living and horses would be my biggest wishes. With the gardening system being overhauled with Seasons I can see them using that to their advantage and adding in some quality of life things to make crop farming viable gameplay. (I couldn't imagine hand-picking an entire field of crops, LOL)
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2019
    Unsure.
    idk it really depends what they would make out of it

like I am looking more at the side features for such pack
    since if you have to gather wool you will have to have use for wool etc
    so I am looking at what things we could make if such pack was implemented
    like there could be butter making , nectar making, knitting... all kinds of stuff on side of it
    and if so I'd be interested

just farming though? for things you don't really need? nah.
    I ain't playing that farmville
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I am very hopeful for a farming pack! I would love to use my cats and dogs as farm hands!
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2019
    I hope it’s coming!
    If it is coming it feels more like a Summer release than a Winter one.

University in November and Farming in June would be excellent.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Eh. I don’t care.
    Farming isn't really on my list of packs that I want, and I don't think it's going to be the next expansion. It might come eventually but I wouldn't be upset if it didn't.
  • Options
    GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I really hope a Farming Pack is coming... it would go great alongside my "Off The Grid / Living Off The Land" play style that I'm currently doing. With some of the mods I have, for example... one that adds the groceries back into the game to make it where the sims have to have all the ingredients to make a meal instead of the standard "click the fridge and pay". Really makes the Living off the Land aspect so much more fulfilling. With all the meals my sims eat, being only the ones I can prep with items I grow and or with the fish I catch. Minus the holiday ham or turkey. Those are the only things I purchase for, and even then... it's only the meat I require for those dishes.
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see