Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👩‍🌾Farming! Is it one of the packs soon to come?👨‍🌾

Farming along with university has been highly requested by the sims Community. It will bring new gameplay, and items never introduced before in the sims franchise.

Here’s why some people think it is to come:
• Animals seen wandering in several worlds possibly hinting to the pack
• Off the grid Lot Trait, introducing the pack, and pack expanding upon the Trait
• highly requested
• Sims 4 is increasing its system to 64 bit
• Bit of a throw: Werewolves may not be coming in ROM, but introduced in a farming expansion since they are also highly requested!

I may be right, I may be wrong, speculation is just hope, and loose evidence. Tell me what you think down below!

👩‍🌾Farming! Is it one of the packs soon to come?👨‍🌾 234 votes

It’s coming!
13%
alan650111IceyJAngelluluXxAkiraXx1ashcrash191fallqueenmordarlarJultan3VeeVee294SayoLoireSnaveXsSimKonfettiSheriSim57Horrorgirl6HopeCrashSimTrippyIrishAussiecheescaeksLMcGEThemrsg4422 31 votes
No, it’s not coming.
3%
IcewolfelelunicyHarukotyandoogeriedoedearKirbycatJPsimmerMaddieplaysgames 8 votes
I hope it’s coming!
50%
Bluegaylecatmom1987icmnfrshIdontrcallErja888alexspoom13BloodC24bekixMintIsb917SimburianBrokenChaos69NyxLunaStarIrdiwenAnmirlasimgirl1010AnyahsANNETTE1951GothicKing13Jnyx 118 votes
I don’t want it.
8%
AyradyssPlayerSinger2010mock68Csibeubi3CAITLINX354PerlinePMinguisseFlyOliiveSimsCupidShinzenItsJanierMondayRae357HolidayMindsimscreateainsnerdfashionamber_ilumirelemonrineHeatherInMyHeart 20 votes
Unsure.
13%
JeanMizz_TriceyMariefoxprice83ItsTheBunnyzagboorulesalex_alex09PlumbobCrossingFroiljude72plabixtersEmmaVanekamilbrachtlSigzy05domina89kappowanmikaLucyCatxJemmaTheSimmerbirdonawireKaron 32 votes
Eh. I don’t care.
8%
auroraael14rudy8292neutralsideSimpatsyannfriendlysimmersrobyngravesSavorySagesekojranadetermigIvyeyedbizuktaggoldann25loutredorTheRedLionVivi_WillowTreeListentoToppDoggRavenSpitLady_BalloraBradyGalaxyjadonbakes 21 votes
Other...
1%
Bagoas77stilljustme2ClarionOfJoywendyology 4 votes

Comments

• PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    It’s coming!
    I hope it's coming!! been wanting farming for a long time! and i know all you devs can make it happen, i have faith in you all :)o:)
  • Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    Unsure.
    It's tough to say, the game already allows for growing various crops and plants but doesn't go as far as actual farms with large fields and all. My thought on it is if they were to add that to the game it would probably take the form of a new career type with a farm you can follow along and control the sim at while they are at work. Mainly because of all the current neighborhood maps and the various lot sizes in them.
    None of the current neighborhoods have a decent sized lot for that sort of thing except maybe the 64x64 lot in Del Sol Valley and they probably wouldn't give us anything much bigger than that.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don’t want it.
    It's a game pack at most. I don't know what "new gameplay" they could possibly fit into a pack that's glorified farming.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited July 2019
    Unsure.
    It's a game pack at most. I don't know what "new gameplay" they could possibly fit into a pack that's glorified farming.

To be fair, there's quite a bit that can go into a farming pack. Including new animals, new skills/activities (like sewing wool from sheep or milking a cow), a new world (and a new lot type: farm), new traits/aspirations, new havestables, etc. The werewolf life-state even fits in with the theme, since wolves and farmers have always been tangled up in eachother.

However, since Island Living pretty much turned out to be a game pack disguised as an expansion pack, I'm inclined to somewhat agree with you. Unless the 64-bit update changes things up a bit, I doubt they'd implement most of what is possible with a farming EP.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Eh. I don’t care.
    I'm open to Farming, but It's not what I really really want. What I really really want is a University/School pack.
    Proud simmer
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I don’t want it.
    I’m 50/50 on whether or not they’ll make a farming pack. I know it’s at the top of a lot of people’s wish lists and if it came out I’d be happy for everyone who wanted for it, but it’s not something I’m even remotely interested in. I’m surrounded by farms irl. I play games to escape the reality of country living 😂
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Eh. I don’t care.
    It'll probably come at some point since a lot of people want it. Personally it's not high on my wants list at all.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Unsure.
    I hope its coming, but i think University will be the next one...
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    It’s coming!
    I do think since on Twitter polls it ranked well it will eventually come.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited July 2019
    No, it’s not coming.
    My guess is that it’s not coming anytime soon. Maybe in 2021 or something.
    Post edited by elelunicy on
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I don’t want it.
    Well, considering we already had our lineup for packs this year I don't think it is coming "soon." I also don't think animals wandering or the off the grid trait had anything to do with farming requests, and judging from what I've seen, I think University is way more asked for than farming.

Personally, I'm not interested in it, mostly because I can grow and sell crops on my own already and I, personally, have no interest in raising animals and whatnot in the Sims 4. I'd play Stardew Valley for that, haha.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    It’s coming!
    I don't think we'll see it until at least next year, but I am fairly positive we will get it before the end of the the Sims 4. Many people have been asking for it, and they are obviously aware as they did that poll last year asking what people wanted in a farming pack.

My only concern is that all the effort will go into the animals and little else. I'm personally more interested in the living off the land aspect of a farming pack, over just having more animals wandering around. So I hope we get some animals but also more hobbies like canning the harvestables we grow, and using the animals eggs/milk/wool in useful ways.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don’t want it.
    Jasper7702 wrote: »
    Here’s why some people think it is to come:
    • Animals seen wandering in several worlds possibly hinting to the pack
    meh
    • Off the grid Lot Trait, introducing the pack, and pack expanding upon the Trait
    I don't really get what the off-the-grid trait has to do with farming though. Modern farmers definitely need machine power and water.. I think gardening already suits an off-the-grid playstyle as is.
    • highly requested
    It doesn't strike me as a highly requested theme. But I guess the possibility is there, since the forum isn't the only community out there.
    • Sims 4 is increasing its system to 64 bit
    Nothing is being increased, support for the other version is just being dropped.
    • Bit of a throw: Werewolves may not be coming in ROM, but introduced in a farming expansion since they are also highly requested!
    Yeah.. I'm just not seeing a lot of requests for Werewolves. Even when they did that massive poll on twitter they weren't very popular.

So ultimately, I wouldn't put my faith behind any of these. But I do hope they farming out to those of you who want it, eventually. I personally have no interest though
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Other...
    Shinzen wrote: »
    Well, considering we already had our lineup for packs this year I don't think it is coming "soon." I also don't think animals wandering or the off the grid trait had anything to do with farming requests, and judging from what I've seen, I think University is way more asked for than farming.

Personally, I'm not interested in it, mostly because I can grow and sell crops on my own already and I, personally, have no interest in raising animals and whatnot in the Sims 4. I'd play Stardew Valley for that, haha.

Actually we've only got the lineup for the first 6 months of the fiscal year (Apr-Sep) -- we're likely to see an EP for the holiday shopping season (mid to end November) which could possibly be an education pack of some sort (either University or improvement to education at all levels), then probably another GP and SP early in 2020. I think we could see a Rural Living pack maybe in June of 2020 (in FY 2021) and it could include more items to support an "off the grid" lifestyle like wind turbines and solar panels, and patch in rain collection barrels for those that have Seasons. Maybe more rustic looking items for those who'd like that sort of thing. I'd say if they don't do a separate game pack or stuff pack with off-the-grid features, then they'll included them in a farming pack.

The farm items in the Sims 3 Store (chicken coop and cow pen) were very popular, but they were just there -- you got the same stuff each time. What if you could have farm animals and how well you cared for them determined the quality (and selling price) of the produce? Taking good care of your chickens would mean excellent to perfect eggs, and maybe an occasional Golden Egg that could sell for a lot of Simoleons; ignoring the chickens would mean poor quality eggs and the occasional Rotten Egg that would stink up the entire lot for 24 Sim hours, or that you could put in a gift box and leave it on your neighbors porch to share the love. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I hope it's coming but I don't see it coming before 2020. I think they will push University first, even though I'd rather have farming personally. I'm thinking it would be the focus of an EP but it could be a GP too i guess, it just depends on what they want to focus on.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    I’m 50/50 on whether or not they’ll make a farming pack. I know it’s at the top of a lot of people’s wish lists and if it came out I’d be happy for everyone who wanted for it, but it’s not something I’m even remotely interested in. I’m surrounded by farms irl. I play games to escape the reality of country living 😂

I relate, but I also want several different environments to live in!
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I hope it'll come but don't think it'll be that soon.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I hope so, but I think if it comes it won't be soon, maybe in a year or so.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I wasn't particularly interested in Farming at first, but the possibility of horses, a new world and werewolves has swayed me. The 'link' between farms and werewolves is kind of a stretch, but I'll take it! Since it's highly requested too, I hope that it does come at some point for those that want it. I don't expect it next, but who knows?
  • MichelleMeMichelleMe Posts: 4 New Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    This would be nice, something like Stardew Valley but for my sims. I already enjoy gardening in the game so an expansion for that would be pretty nice. But I hope EA is working on a University Pack because I just don't understand why they've not yet come out with one?
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    MichelleMe wrote: »
    This would be nice, something like Stardew Valley but for my sims. I already enjoy gardening in the game so an expansion for that would be pretty nice. But I hope EA is working on a University Pack because I just don't understand why they've not yet come out with one?

Many believe it’s marketing. We all want university, and if they save it for last then we will be more prone to buy previous packs. They made that mistake in a previous sims game by releasing it earlier and sales went down.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited July 2019
    Eh. I don’t care.
    I just want them to get it over with.

Edit: with werewolves I'm more interested--even though I honestly don't really want werewolves... All in all, I really am not thrilled about this.
    Post edited by jadonbakes on
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    I’m surrounded by farms irl. I play games to escape the reality of country living 😂

Some people want to escape city living, that‘s why games like Stardew Valley are so popular!
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It’s coming!
    I think it will come. And I sincerely hope they'll give us some decent off the grid gameplay items when it comes. Like windmills, water pumps, lots of animals, solar panels, etc. Like, sure, give us some of the traditional farming stuff, but also, give us some really modern, high-tech farming equipment. Cause that would be neat. <3
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope it’s coming!
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I think it will come. And I sincerely hope they'll give us some decent off the grid gameplay items when it comes. Like windmills, water pumps, lots of animals, solar panels, etc. Like, sure, give us some of the traditional farming stuff, but also, give us some really modern, high-tech farming equipment. Cause that would be neat. <3

Yes! Also they gave us new tropical crops in Island Living like pineapples or coconuts, along with chickens, so we could make tropical farms!
    a256aFi.gif