Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Moving Active Families From One Save To A New One

I've moved sims in between saves lots of times, so I know how to do that. But this is an active challenge family, and I want them to keep as much as possible exactly the way it is. Obviously, married in townies are going to lose their family trees. But I want to attempt to keep them at the same age they are now (not just age group), satisfaction points, traits, skills, job level - everything if I can. The save they are in now is kind of borked - townies age WAY faster than played sims, and now there is a glitch where sims just lose their fame without warning, and so far it appears to be only in that one save.

I know I'm going to be fixing family relationships with MCCC, and mods are not unwelcome if MCCC can't do it. I'll probably have a lot more actual questions as time goes on lol, but this is the gist of what I want to do. Can it be done?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Put as many of the family members in the same household, and save them to your library. Depending on how many sims you are wanting to save it may take several households. Also save your home(s), to your library as well, this will keep things like your garden intact. If you have anything in storage, that won't carry over, but if you want to keep it, place the collectible items anywhere in the open on the walls, floors, counters, and so on. By using the cas.fulleditmode cheat you can reconnect the family ties without mods in CAS after you start up your new game file.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Does pregnancy carry over to the gallery? Or babies?
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Does pregnancy carry over to the gallery? Or babies?

Yes.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Thanks! Looks like the only thing I can't fix is days left. Which is a bummer because it is going to mess up my aging pretty good. Ah well.