Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What in the world is this nonsense? (photo)

Comments

• Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    @83bienchen You are lucky! I have your mod in my game and my Sims still get their food stolen :'(
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    Oh yeah I had this too. A couple were out on a date at a restaurant and Clara Bjergsen just walked up and grabbed one of their plates of food and started eating it. She could have at least paid for it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    It's really starting to annoy me. My sim just went on a love day date to a restaurant. They couldn't even stay seated together for the whole date and their food was stolen. It's really ruining the fun or dining out for me at the moment. I think I'm going to just avoid restaurants until they release a patch to fix this issue. The game is so buggy at the moment it's actually frustrating to play.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Just make one of the random sims you play own the restursant, the playerable part is not effected by the bug only the non playable restursant.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    After reading about his problem, I decided to test my game out. I had my celebrity Sim take his high school sweetheart out to dine in the wee hours. Guess he thought he wouldn't be besieged, but you know when you're hungry after a concert, you're hungry. Well, his fans must have been hungry, too, because they and the Paparazzi followed him to the small eatery, The Oak Alcove, named after the lot. Finally, he had a chance to order for their table and after his Obsessed fan was dealt with and their order finally came, his girlfriend got up from the table. While she was standing to the side, somebody stole her donut holes. I'm surprised they left her coffee alone. My celebrity must have known something, though. He took his plate with him. LOL Guess he's used to being interrupted and figured the only way to quell his growling stomach was to eat standing up. Wish I had pictures.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    My playable restaurant is affected as soon as the food is put on the table for the guest a sim will leave there table and take the food or come off the street and grab it
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    @83bienchen My apologies. Your mod does make a difference. I thought I had put it back in my mods folder after I took all my mods out because of the patch, but I forgot to put this one back. I just tested. And although the sims do not all eat their meal completely they do not steal anybody's food. So relieved!
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I wouldn't mind it if it was allowed by traits like klepto and self-absorbed(because being so full of yourself means anything is yours for the taking), and there was a way to appropriately react to it(like yanking the plate out of the offender's hand, slapping them, or just sulking because of the Loner trait). But when it happens so commonly, it definitely needs addressed.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @83bienchen My apologies. Your mod does make a difference. I thought I had put it back in my mods folder after I took all my mods out because of the patch, but I forgot to put this one back. I just tested. And although the sims do not all eat their meal completely they do not steal anybody's food. So relieved!

I am glad the mod is making the food swiping better at least I went looking for the same mod but thought it had not been updated to the latest patch yet so am wondering what version you are using?
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2019
    it's not from the latest patch.
    I've had this happen before but the sim who took the food was a critic so I figured it's by design.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    How can we still have these issues after every new patch?? It doesnt have to be a thing to be scared of a new patch.
    How much testing is done exactly? It apparently is not done the right way. I wonder how they test this and what they play. Sometimes I feel the devs do not play like us simmers at all and they miss a lot of important game play in the game.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    LOL who said we don't have burglars, the food bandits are on the loose.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    My mother-in-law does that to other family members IRL. Be thankful it's only in your game.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    It happens at food stalls too. I started a fresh save on patch day and my sim had his food stolen nearly every time he bought something from a stall. I did see it happen a few times in the past but this extreme compared to before. I would see it every now and again and after the patch it's like NPCs treat everything like it's theirs. I didn't really get the chance to try restaurants out since the patch until a few days ago and, yeah, it's pretty bad. Nothing like going out to eat on somebody else's dime, eh? :D
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

I am glad the mod is making the food swiping better at least I went looking for the same mod but thought it had not been updated to the latest patch yet so am wondering what version you are using?

@SPARKY1922: The old version works just fine, it does not have to be updated. It is just a side effect of the mod that Sims will not come and steal your Sims' food.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    The new patch is literal plum. Like, I literally had two white parents have a black baby with almond shaped eyes and thick orange curly hair.
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

@SPARKY1922: The old version works just fine, it does not have to be updated. It is just a side effect of the mod that Sims will not come and steal your Sims' food.

Thank you @83bienchen I wasn't sure and as I already have enough glitches right now with this new world I wasn't prepared to take anymore chances I appreciate you letting me know :)
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Bug from the latest patch. Food thieves. I think somewhere the programming for npcs automously eating at the new festivals has conflicted with the dining code
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    ....after the patch it's like NPCs treat everything like it's theirs....
    After the patch, I had NPCs from other neighborhoods, who did not know my sims, walk right into my sims' house and start to take food from the fridge. I paused the game when StrangerDude put his hand on the fridge door, switched to buy mode, and moved the fridge. StrangerDude reset immediately, & I put the fridge back. The plate of food he was taking was on the floor, so I put it back in the fridge & used (definitely up-to-date) MCCC to send him & the other uninvited NPC packing (she was headed for the fridge, too). I also locked the doors afterwards, though it's a pain remembering to unlock 'em when my sims invite someone over.

Since then, no invasions of hungry strangers on my sims' lots...but I'm playing a HH in Brindleton Bay now instead of that one in Willow Creek. /shrug

• Options
    Hi @Tiarella

This appears to be an ongoing bug please click the me too button on the following link

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-IL-Unwanted-House-Guests-in-Sulani-amp-at-Sulani-Parties/td-p/7964118/highlight/false
  • Options
    Thanks for the link, @SPARKY1922! I have MCCC and some LittleMsSam mods, though, & I do not have IL (I wait for the 50%-off sales), so would it really be proper for me to 'me-too'?
  • Options
    @Tiarella

I personally feel it would be appropriate for you to do a me too as if you read through the comments this appears to be an issue throughout worlds not just the new Sulani world which tends to suggest it maybe more of a patch issue than a pack issue but it is up to you whatever you feel is appropriate :)
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 - thanks again! I me-too'd and added a post.
  • Options
    @Tiarella

Thank you as the more a bug is noticed by players the more likely it might be fixed :)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    After experiencing a few stolen meals my sim Leilani is not taking her eyes off her food this time. :D
    06-29-19_3-54-39nbspAM.png