Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Kind of pleased with it! :)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2019
    And ceiling fans can cool a room now I am SO happy with that too. I remember it being brought up when we got seasons. :)

And more toddler diaper colors. Very nice. Plus, I thought it was my game with sims unabled to extinguish themselves in a pool. Glad to know this was fixed. And the lethal coffee bug I got last year. My sims have not drank coffee in a long time and now they finally can.

Romance festival plants no longer floating around either.

I'm happy with a lot of these in this patch. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Very pleased with today’s patch! Far more extensive than I thought it would be. Plus I have a lot of sims who earn a living through fishing, so I’m very excited to test out the new fishing additions.
  • Options
    RainbowIslandRainbowIsland Posts: 20 Member
    Lots of good stuff.

Toddlers actually been cared for at daycare, fishing getting a most needed overhaul, randomazing character traits,
    Off-The-Grid lot trait and can't forget about rainbow leggins. Some poor sim is about to get pressed into these very soon. Its gonna be great.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It's very useful to have the items that can be used Off the Grid noted in the object catalogue.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’m mostly excited for the rainbow stuff. 🎉
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    "Gender Preference now affects flirt options."
    Am I missing something? What gender preference? Are they talking about clothes or what? I'm really confused with this one.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I found that Off the Grid can't be used with Residential or vet lots. I used Generic and the traits turned up. I haven't tried any other type of lots yet.
  • Options
    Am I missing something? What gender preference? Are they talking about clothes or what? I'm really confused with this one.

Believe they're talking about in-game as sims can have a gender preference to who they're attracted to one or the other or even both.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited June 2019
    Pretty excited to test out all the new content. Do we have fans that also double as lights, by the way? Or do I need to use bb.moveobjectson and make fans with lights?

I want to try the redone fishing system, too. I don't normally bother with it too much, but I liked having my sims take their kids out on fishing trips. Maybe I'll bother completing the fish collection now, too.

Not a fan of some the pride stuff, especially the hideous rainbow tank and shirt with "It Gets Better" written in English rainbow letters. But a few of the other shirts are stylish, and I'm up for the flags.

EDIT: Ohhh they fixed the laptop mode glitch with terrain paint. Now I can finally put more effort into my gardens.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Believe they're talking about in-game as sims can have a gender preference to who they're attracted to one or the other or even both.

I believe sims start out as neutral in their preference, and any romantic interactions gradually create a preference for them.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love this patch. ❤️❤️❤️😘😍🌈
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited June 2019

Still, it would be more useful if we actually knew how this works exactly.

But in general, it seems like a good patch, lots of neat bug fixes. And as a builder I'm happy about the door swatches - and impatiently waiting for the windows to get the same treatment.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

I believe sims start out as neutral in their preference, and any romantic interactions gradually create a preference for them.

Really? I didn't know that :o
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »

Yep, forgot to mention that part, thanks. XD

I would like a little clarity myself on the note as I'm wondering if flirt options will appear differently on another sim that you've established for their preference compared to one opposite of it. (Meaning they won't keep on flirting regardless)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Soooo many squashed bugs! This is amazing. Toddler needs and invites are the ones that have annoyed me the most. 🦄
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Asked this question on twitter a few days ago,didn't get an answer, but so happy they patched in the back floating for base game as well even though I'm still getting IL. Also she AUTONOMOUSLY jumped in the pool to float on her own. I am happy.
    bsZ5ON3.png

Anyone know if the terrain paint for sand has always been able to have sims leaving their foot prints in it or was that updated???
    ZhNjtME.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Don't forget to check out luthienrising's thread on the status of mods and CC:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-patch/p1
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    The patch update was well thought out and executed! I’m looking forward to randomized traits o:)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The trims for round foundations are highly appreciated. And the plants at the Romance Festivals!
  • Options
    The new swatches for the toddlers diaper is great and I love it it's like the swimmer diapers and so many different colors I love it. Now it doesn't feel like they are just in a regular diaper when a sim puts them in the kiddie pool.
    3CNbKfP.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    im doing a repair my sims are responding to my commands. like the diaper though.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Asked this question on twitter a few days ago,didn't get an answer, but so happy they patched in the back floating for base game as well even though I'm still getting IL. Also she AUTONOMOUSLY jumped in the pool to float on her own. I am happy.
    bsZ5ON3.png

Anyone know if the terrain paint for sand has always been able to have sims leaving their foot prints in it or was that updated???
    ZhNjtME.png

It's new!! :smiley:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1