Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch notes up

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    "Gender Preference now affects flirt options."
    Am I missing something? What gender preference? Are they talking about clothes or what? I'm really confused with this one.

Believe they're talking about in-game as sims can have a gender preference to who they're attracted to one or the other or even both.

I'm hoping they aren't making it where our sims can only flirt with same sex or opposite sex, one or the other. I have bisexual sims often, and won't appreciate them have to "chose sides". Matter of fact, the family I've been playing for the last two weeks is my vanilla family, my main sim is married to her wife, they've had two daughters and her wife often has affairs with men. I'll be more than a little upset if they wife either can't flirt with the wife or her male affairs.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    they're not restricting, it's more... fine-tuning, if you will. currently, every sim starts with one of four default preference states (you can see these with certain mods, like the one i'm about to use in the screenshots i share). most sims start with 0 for both male and female, occasionally one will be 100 for one, the other, or both. that's the 4 types. 0 male/0 female, 100 male/0 female, 0 male/100 female, 100 male/100 female

in the household i'm at right now, five sims (one a toddler). four of them are 0/0, one is 100/100. just as a small example of the way it goes. none of these have been changed because i haven't had anyone in the household flirt with anybody else at all

this is supposed to handle the sims actions on their own. so a 100 male/0 female sim should only autonomously flirt with male sims or react more favorably if flirted with by male sims

but, you can control the sim(s) and tell them to flirt with sims of the gender they're not usually fond of and they'll start building up a preference for that gender as well

anyway, screenshots!
    100/100:
    03eeae369e6e2cb530f0922a644da473.png
    0/0:
    bdc151aab50df306c4cd230a3450434f.png
    100/0 (this one is a townie that happened to be walking by):
    c8592a38b06c84de1b7fcbce2b575524.png
    0/100 (this one was geoffrey landgraab as he happened to be walking by)
    029da12d9ad556a78bc73c900f047a9f.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Am I missing something? What gender preference? Are they talking about clothes or what? I'm really confused with this one.

I think if you have your Sim do more romantic interactions with Sims of the same gender they'll develop a same-sex preference, if you have them do romantic interactions with Sims of the opposite gender they'll develop that preference. So maybe if your Sim goes to flirt with a Sim who already has a set preference some of the options won't show up.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Great patch! So glad they fixed the holiday decorations that were left up! That one really bugged me.
    Downloading the patch now....
  • lolainredlolainred Posts: 5 New Member
    Anyone else having issues with Toddlers not being able to put down things like toys or plates, after the patch? I have tried everything and they just get in an endless cycle until I quit the game and restart. Then they do it all over again the next time I ask them to pick something up.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sadly the vampire perk reset bug wasn't fixed :(

Do you say this from a game play perspective? Meaning you're seeing in game it's not fixed or are you strictly going off patch notes? Because if it's just from reading the notes you may want to check...
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited June 2019
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I'm hoping they aren't making it where our sims can only flirt with same sex or opposite sex, one or the other. I have bisexual sims often, and won't appreciate them have to "chose sides". Matter of fact, the family I've been playing for the last two weeks is my vanilla family, my main sim is married to her wife, they've had two daughters and her wife often has affairs with men. I'll be more than a little upset if they wife either can't flirt with the wife or her male affairs.

Oh, didn't mean for them to sound like they have to choose sides, more like if they have a preference for just one genderthey'll most likely always just flirt with that gender. I always seem to have my sims flirt with others no matter what. (Though I wish most would just stop flirting with their in-laws)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Stayc615Stayc615 Posts: 37 Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > Awww I got all excited when they said ceiling fans would now cool your sims, I thought they might have also added warmth to the radiators :(

Oh warm radiators. Now that would've been great
  • Stayc615Stayc615 Posts: 37 Member
    Does anyone else's toddlers sound different after the patch? Mine sounds like her voice got deeper
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    MORE DOOR COLORS. BLESS.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member

Believe they're talking about in-game as sims can have a gender preference to who they're attracted to one or the other or even both.

My sims are indiscriminately attracted to literally everyone. Whatever gender, whatever they look like, whatever traits. Are there any indicative interactions or sped up romance bars? I’m confused.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

Its fixed, well it fixed for me. Are you using mods?
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

Did you actually try it? SimGuru Nick said that there were iver 100 bug fixes & they only listed some of the bigger ones in the notes.

It was literally the very first thing I tried :D
    You're Breathtaking!
    Cheekybits wrote: »

No, I took out all the (well the few I had) mods a few days ago even to prepare me for a few days until they get updated. They fixed a lot about vampires, but if you respec you will still keep the old weaknesses. So you're saying that is fixed for you?
    You're Breathtaking!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It's nice they can now socialize while fishing! Finally!
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    they're not restricting, it's more... fine-tuning, if you will. currently, every sim starts with one of four default preference states (you can see these with certain mods, like the one i'm about to use in the screenshots i share). most sims start with 0 for both male and female, occasionally one will be 100 for one, the other, or both. that's the 4 types. 0 male/0 female, 100 male/0 female, 0 male/100 female, 100 male/100 female

in the household i'm at right now, five sims (one a toddler). four of them are 0/0, one is 100/100. just as a small example of the way it goes. none of these have been changed because i haven't had anyone in the household flirt with anybody else at all

this is supposed to handle the sims actions on their own. so a 100 male/0 female sim should only autonomously flirt with male sims or react more favorably if flirted with by male sims

but, you can control the sim(s) and tell them to flirt with sims of the gender they're not usually fond of and they'll start building up a preference for that gender as well

anyway, screenshots!
    100/100:
    03eeae369e6e2cb530f0922a644da473.png
    0/0:
    bdc151aab50df306c4cd230a3450434f.png
    100/0 (this one is a townie that happened to be walking by):
    c8592a38b06c84de1b7fcbce2b575524.png
    0/100 (this one was geoffrey landgraab as he happened to be walking by)
    029da12d9ad556a78bc73c900f047a9f.png

Or, if you want instant solution, MCCC can set your sims gender preferences
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

My sims are indiscriminately attracted to literally everyone. Whatever gender, whatever they look like, whatever traits. Are there any indicative interactions or sped up romance bars? I’m confused.
    Even my married sims flirt with any and everything.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited June 2019
    I just noticed my Sims keep going to the kitchen to wash up the dishes, this is a groundbreaking new development :D

EDIT: actually never mind, a total fluke he was washing up in the kitchen for a few days. They all stopped caring again and wash up in the bathroom lol.
    You're Breathtaking!

No, I took out all the (well the few I had) mods a few days ago even to prepare me for a few days until they get updated. They fixed a lot about vampires, but if you respec you will still keep the old weaknesses. So you're saying that is fixed for you?

Yea, mine is fixed. Did you make that bar drink to respec?
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I personally do not agree with monogamy as the "norm" or standard in real life, but in The Sims, I would like my sims in relationships not to flirt with random others unless I give them the noncommittal trait.

I would also like to have gender preferences in CAS. Now THAT would be progress.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."

Yep.
    You're Breathtaking!

Yep.
    Weird.... oh I did move my vampire sim to a new lot before the patch maybe that helps?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    lolainred wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with Toddlers not being able to put down things like toys or plates, after the patch? I have tried everything and they just get in an endless cycle until I quit the game and restart. Then they do it all over again the next time I ask them to pick something up.

One of my toddlers had a toddler book super-glued to her hand, and I think it might've been causing her to be unable to use the potty chair. Fortunately, I exited and repaired the game, and that solved the problem.
    lolainred wrote: »

One of my toddlers had a toddler book super-glued to her hand, and I think it might've been causing her to be unable to use the potty chair. Fortunately, I exited and repaired the game, and that solved the problem.

I dunno yet, but I did notice I never got the chance to go to hospital to give birth.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I just noticed my Sims keep going to the kitchen to wash up the dishes, this is a groundbreaking new development :D

EDIT: actually never mind, a total fluke he was washing up in the kitchen for a few days. They all stopped caring again and wash up in the bathroom lol.

My new Sim kept going upstairs to wash the dishes in his small, Maxis, basic built house in Windenberg but then I changed the kitchen sink to a high end one and he started washing them downstairs. It must be something to do with the attraction system in the game.

He had no sooner moved in when Father Winter arrived before he had a chance to put the decorations up. Father Winter is his only friend at the moment. :)