Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any word on Sharks?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sharks are confirmed and if you see one you'll react. Rachybop mentions it.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I absolutely hated sharks in TS3...I had the worse luck because EVERYTIME (not kidding) I went deep in the water, I'd get attacked....so either way works with me.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Sharks are there but in deep waters
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Shark sighting are rare but they can kill your sim by dragging them underwater twice.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Shark sighting are rare but they can kill your sim by dragging them underwater twice.

Cool! Is it the same animation from the shark pond in Get Famous?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

Cool! Is it the same animation from the shark pond in Get Famous?

Not sure.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

LAVA POWERED SIM GHOSTS
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Glad to see sharks are still here. Are they only in the rabbit hole or can you actually see them swimming around?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    there are going to be sharks iron seagull confirmed it altough they are really rare to come by he didn't see one also confirmed that ocean swimming is confined to sulani by plumbella
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There are sharks and they can pull you down underwater. If they do it often enough, your sim will drown. They are located in the deep waters and when one is near, you get a shark buff.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Hopefully a beach side stall sells shark repellent.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2019
    Glad to see sharks are still here. Are they only in the rabbit hole or can you actually see them swimming around?

Can confirm (as a Game Changer who was at the same event as @EmmaVane but doesn't have her patience with writing all the info down) that you can see them. That I can definitely remember!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Can we see them underwater? Like when we're swimming, will we see them if they're there? I heard that sometimes RARELY sharks will spawn at the coral reefs but idk if we can see them
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    I haven't seen any sharks or mentions about them. But I am happy if everyone stop to portray sharks as murderes. They are for sure dangerous, therefore we need to be cautious in the water. But we are not their food interest.
  • Options
    I hope we see some sharks in the Livestream Thursday.
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    But what about the best shark in the Sims games?
    686657c8f2.png
    (pardon the bad quality, Sim's TV channels aren't exactly HD)

Apparently this was a costume in the Sims 3 that was a pre-order bonus for that game's Seasons expansion.
    You can see it in the Sims 4 worn by one of the characters on the Kid's Network channel on the TV.

Seeing as how this pack is so ocean-based and brings ACTUAL sharks, it would've been a good opportunity to bring back this funny costume.
  • Options
    JuniperSimsJuniperSims Posts: 12 New Member
    I’ve been looking everywhere for info on Sims4 sharks, but I can’t find anything - the first time I saw a shark, it was in shallow water between the corals and their beach house (sorry, forget the name of the lot).

You can see them clearly underwater. My sim had fresh fish in his inventory and I’m wondering if that has any effect like it did in Sims3? My Sim quickly swam back to shore and wasn’t attacked, thankfully!
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    1) Death by shark.
    2) Death by Mermaid/Merman.
    3) Death by boat / jet ski explosion.
    4) Death by sea urchin.
    5) Death by jelly fish.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    But what about the best shark in the Sims games?
    686657c8f2.png
    (pardon the bad quality, Sim's TV channels aren't exactly HD)

Apparently this was a costume in the Sims 3 that was a pre-order bonus for that game's Seasons expansion.
    You can see it in the Sims 4 worn by one of the characters on the Kid's Network channel on the TV.

Seeing as how this pack is so ocean-based and brings ACTUAL sharks, it would've been a good opportunity to bring back this funny costume.

I can only ever be reminded of this lmao

https://youtu.be/WmcWZ2Bzoho
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Waves are very important the would make the ocean more alive.