Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you use mods or CC?

I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!

How often do you use mods or CC? 154 votes

I don't use any.
17%
BluegayleGoldmoldarSleepycatDSLBloosmoocchant86alanmichael1VuloriJACKIEJOYDragonAge_300905Positivibeemariajane216tnb494LatinaBunnyKarababy52musteniTomatplanteMagicalZiaBusufuMondayAshleyAO 27 votes
Okay... Maybe just a little
16%
Akl500PjasasimsPlayerSinger2010Isb917simgirl1010EmoFlowersNivyxDillynJamesstephanie132392ianxziannaliese39texxx78Internal_ChaosRedShoe7loutredordreamprisonerLinzzthatsnotswegstorminmayWildIrishBanshee 26 votes
I have to admit, I use it quite a bit.
29%
Kita5399sims2freak737WrathSixxAnmirlaMariefoxprice83Paigeisin5friendlysimmersluthienrisingloubyloulougoodcakebaker62stilljustme2SPARKY1922yuppduhboy2u2FelicityBekahSueLoriTSprambahadoerXxAirixXCogshell 45 votes
What is life without it. I over-use it.
31%
haecandromecatmom1987Bluefairy286Sara1010PGoth583CeleSeraphymMeteoraStormMizz_TriceyWyrrenmoltaziaRoboSpongiesekojranaKiaraSims4ModsRevenwynHimRumitaydevnotasmokealarm09MoonfoxNightcrytadeoalonso2AngelEb95 48 votes
Other (Please specify)
5%
mcruddfallenangel66HermitgirlStutumDestin2016NorthDakotaGameralyssa123nerdfashion 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    A lot... I've just cleaned down the cc files I had... got rid of over 3000 files and still left with over 2000...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I don't use any.
    aldavor wrote: »
    A lot... I've just cleaned down the cc files I had... got rid of over 3000 files and still left with over 2000...

How hard is the temptation with CC?
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member

lol really hard :smiley: problem has been that I had a LOT of really old CC, stuff that, well, to be honest, hasn't been configured all that properly (i.e. Allow for random, Nude body set etc.) so consequently it's been badly affecting everything else - it was a case of clearing and checking or just not being able to play the way I wanted.

I'm actually happy now with the cc I have, the game loads a lot quicker and I don't really see the need for anything more... if anything I'll probably trim down by another 25% or so over the coming months, especially since my pre-order of the new pack... :wink:

cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    VinceVince Posts: 88 Member
    I don't use any.
    Using mods make the game really creepy to me.
    I mean, it depends on which mods we use but,
    Look at all these realistic Sims, that's so strange.

No offense,
    But they look like that creepy famous humanoid robot, Sophia.
    Nothing is more important than empathy.
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I don't use any.
    aldavor wrote: »

lol really hard :smiley: problem has been that I had a LOT of really old CC, stuff that, well, to be honest, hasn't been configured all that properly (i.e. Allow for random, Nude body set etc.) so consequently it's been badly affecting everything else - it was a case of clearing and checking or just not being able to play the way I wanted.

I'm actually happy now with the cc I have, the game loads a lot quicker and I don't really see the need for anything more... if anything I'll probably trim down by another 25% or so over the coming months, especially since my pre-order of the new pack... :wink:

Your getting the new Island pack?!? Lucky!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I use it plenty, but it's only for challenges. For example, if I were to do a decades challenge, instead of growing a cowplant to send Sims off to war I'd use MCCC to kill them. Simpler.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I use mods, don't really see a need for much CC, just a couple of minor tweaks.
  • Options
    EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    I used to be terrible with CC and mods, lol. My folder would be so bloated I wouldn't be able to troubleshoot bad content and would have to just delete the entire folder and start over again.

Now I'm very selective about the stuff in my folder. I usually play with aging off so I have a Pregnancy mod that makes them pregnant for longer, a 5% Risky WooHoo mod, a 60% Try for Baby chance, the SimDa dating app and thicker apartment walls. The other stuff is usually hair, tattoos, and piercings. I've been delving a bit into makeup but I prefer my CC to be Maxis-Matched and it's a little hard to find MM makeup. Usually they're very realistic and that's just not my preference.

I also used to have a "Kids can walk the dog" mod but the messed up animation was too much for me. :D
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have a few mods for fixing things that annoy me, MCCC and a very tiny amount of custom content for CAS. I only like maxis match items and I have no idea where to find it so it's a very minimal amount that I have.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I have mods to attempt to fix the bugs in the game. I have MCCC for story progression. I have maybe a two dozen cas and build/buy cc. Not much, but I also use maxis match so it never is too noticed.
  • Options
    RagnvaldRagnvald Posts: 45 Member
    I don't use any.
    So far I've not used any mods or CC with Sims 4 (used mods and CC in quite a bit in the previous 3 installments of the franchise). I imagine that eventually I will though, but I'm trying to wait until EA is done releasing packs for the game so that I don't have to bother with disabling/update mods every time a new pack comes out.
    "When i became a man i put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up" - C.S. Lewis
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I have a bit of CC (I think like 90 files which isn’t awful but my sims 3 standard). I only use MCCC though which I can’t live without. I love how it makes my worlds feel.
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    I've only recently decided to redo my mods folder. Now I'm strictly using CAS custom content and mods that fixes bugs or doesn't change the game too much.

My previous mod folder had 6gb of CC (2,768 files) and now it's currently at 808MB (461 files). My goal is to one day only be down to just mods and MCCC but.. one step at a time.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    I need to clean out my CC folder. At one point, I only used CC clothing, hair and items of that sort but more recently I've been having fun with the 'Road to Fame' and 'Life is Drama' mods.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I only use CC. As far as I’m concerned, original maxis items are for meshes, animations and interactions. They’re not usable until someone has made a reskin.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Mccc only
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I usually play a mod and cc free game, but I recently made little default baby outfits for myself and that is the only package in my mods folder. So can't say that its completely mod free anymore LOL

M5AC8mc.png

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I only have MCCC and the Henry Puffer stuff pack. That's it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I cleared out quite a few mods recently -- I have a small amount of CC like insect spawners and such, but have resisted the temptation to indulge in CAS CC though I really want more makeup options especially for my Sims of Color (SoC). Once the gane is done (by then I should have a really good gaming computer) I'll likely totally indulge in CC.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    How often? All the time I guess
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I don’t play without mods.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I only remove my mods for testing issues. Can't play without a couple of them, like MCCC and one to stop autonomous shoveling of snow/use of computers. I have very little CC, although I'm getting into making some myself, so I guess that will change.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    There are only 2 mods I won't play without, MCC and UI Cheats, but I do use a lot of others also.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    The only time I didnt use cc/mods was when I played the game for the first time to test the waters, and when trying to pinpoint which culprits that causes my game to crash. I have this awesome mods where it gives player tan, sunburn or cancer for being exposed to sunlight too long long before island living announced, and gives player burn mark when caught in fire, semi-permanent. gives enough realism for mostly an occult player. also made my own mods to unlock tuck in interaction for adult and increase movement speed of vampiric run.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I have only one mod which I use. I don't think it's allowed to talk about this particular mod here, but it makes it easier to make money, I'll leave it at that. ;)