are these fixes still needed?

do these fixes apply to the ultimate collection of sims 2,or are they outdated?
https://reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2ds9f0/wip_the_sims_2_ultimate_collection_the_unofficial/
untitled.png

Comments

  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,312 Member
    Since those were posted for the UC, I would say they are still needed. Any mods that you find that are updated for Apartment Life would also work just fine. EA didn't make a new patch for the game when they made the UC, they just bundled all of the EP's and SP's and their already created patches together and released it after making it install-able on new computers.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 30,207 Member
    edited June 8
    k_reeser1 wrote: »
    do these fixes apply to the ultimate collection of sims 2,or are they outdated?
    https://reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2ds9f0/wip_the_sims_2_ultimate_collection_the_unofficial/

    No. None of the fixes other than the Graphics Rule Maker since TS2 is an old game and can't see your newer video card in the last twelve years. It doesn't know they exist. So, GR can help fix it to make the game work right for newer video cards that weren't on the market back then. Also, Sims 2 Clean Installer is a good tool from MTS, to help you install any lot or custom content and not install any cc or mods you don't want that may be in a download package.

    ETA: Pescado's mods are some old fixes that were patched out like the Rundancy mod, and others of his are enhancements..no you don't need any of those.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • k_reeser1k_reeser1 Posts: 90 Member
    so the apartment life fixes are fixed in the mansion and garden stuff pack?
    untitled.png

  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 30,207 Member
    k_reeser1 wrote: »
    so the apartment life fixes are fixed in the mansion and garden stuff pack?

    EPs and Stuff packs in TS2 didn't patch the previous packs. They were fixed by actual patches. The Apartment life fixes if you go read what he did was before it was ever patched. I skimmed over his mod and it pretty much looks like none of that happens anymore in a patched up game. Those were critical patches he made as soon as a pack released. Maxis patched up EPs etc. about a month later or less.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,312 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    k_reeser1 wrote: »
    do these fixes apply to the ultimate collection of sims 2,or are they outdated?
    https://reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2ds9f0/wip_the_sims_2_ultimate_collection_the_unofficial/

    No. None of the fixes other than the Graphics Rule Maker since TS2 is an old game and can't see your newer video card in the last twelve years. It doesn't know they exist. So, GR can help fix it to make the game work right for newer video cards that weren't on the market back then. Also, Sims 2 Clean Installer is a good tool from MTS, to help you install any lot or custom content and not install any cc or mods you don't want that may be in a download package.

    ETA: Pescado's mods are some old fixes that were patched out like the Rundancy mod, and others of his are enhancements..no you don't need any of those.

    • antiredundancy was never added to the game itself; however, I wouldn't call it a necessary mod with a fully patched game like the UC. It prevents more townies from being generated than the game needs.
    • nounlinkondelete was to fix the game deleting character files if a grave/urn got smashed. Which wasn't ever corrected.
    • creaturefixes will keep the NPC vampires from biting Mrs. C and other object Sims therefore keeping the game itself from being corrupted. But making objects.package read only will fix that problem making this mod not necessary.


    One thing to note about Pescado's mods: his mods may do more than noted in the description or any manual provided. Pescado was notorious for not being the best at documentation for his Sims 2 mods. But he does have various mods that fix various glitches. Some worse than others.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top