Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If Hotels Are Not A Feature in EP7 Is That A Deal-breaker For You?

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    I guess EA groomed TS4 simmers well by now to have low expectations and make excuses for the cuts, so I guess it's okay to not have hotel building and management in this EP. That's sad. I hope this doesn't carry into TS5, but they already have a whole section of simmers trained for this mentality. Smh....

This is another reasons why I won't play TS4. It's the mentality you go into it - you're so starved for content that you'll settle for whatever they give you even when something major gets cut out!
    This is so true. I expect less with Sims 4 which is why I don't want them in the Island pack because there is just so much that can be added and most likely this is the one shot for it. Seriously at this point cleaning the beach is listed as a major feature it really is pathetic. But speaking of resorts I'd rather see them add in a ski resort pack where there is not as much content that can be added compared to a beach.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    I guess EA groomed TS4 simmers well by now to have low expectations and make excuses for the cuts, so I guess it's okay to not have hotel building and management in this EP. That's sad. I hope this doesn't carry into TS5, but they already have a whole section of simmers trained for this mentality. Smh....

This is another reasons why I won't play TS4. It's the mentality you go into it - you're so starved for content that you'll settle for whatever they give you even when something major gets cut out!

I think its rude of you to talk about other people like that as though they are brain washed
    its ok to not like something others do with out being rude
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No
    I plan on building a small beach themed motel where any sim(s) that I want to stay for a few days can go to. It will be a generic lot so it won't be over run with other sims wandering in and out, but will be a place to sleep for my sims. Any eating can be done at the beach food stalls. Plus, I won't be charged with a rental fee so, more money for souvenirs!
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    No
    This pack has a lot of new activities. It doesnt leave out a whole lot and adds new things. Cleaning the beach wasnt even called major or anything its just a side feature to add to realism.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No

I'm sorry, what?

So... them not including hotels in this pack (which is about island LIVING, not an island VACATION) and people still being excited about it means people are brainwashed??
  • Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    No

or maybe we just dont care about hotels as much as you might

its not like we said "no, keep the hotels, we dont want them"

its more that the rest of us are aware that everything has a price. hotels in the pack means something else would not be there because thats just how life works, nothing gets unlimited resource devoted to it.

for me, its not something im willing to give up anything else for. also im so sick of the stereotype that islands are only good for vacationing. Ive lived on an island my whole life so I can say there is much more to life on an island than staying in a nice hotel and sitting on the beach all day. I hope they abandoned that stereotype with this pack.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    No
    I'd prefer a GP that enable us to develop our own hotels (or maybe something smaller like inns and B&Bs) -- that way people who aren't that interested in a tropical theme don't feel like they have to spend $40 US just to be able to build a lodging in Strangerville.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    NinenessNineness Posts: 25 Member
    No
    Nah. I mean, I'd be disappointed but not surprised. Hotel are something I've been hoping for for a while. Sadly, I doubt they'll include them any time soon as I'd imagine they'd be a pain to do in-game. I hope I get to eat my words though :D
    66Pk1qL.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,918 Member
    No
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

This is so true. I expect less with Sims 4 which is why I don't want them in the Island pack because there is just so much that can be added and most likely this is the one shot for it. Seriously at this point cleaning the beach is listed as a major feature it really is pathetic. But speaking of resorts I'd rather see them add in a ski resort pack where there is not as much content that can be added compared to a beach.

I'm assuming that your efforts in taking care of the island will result in some type of negative or positive outcome. Maybe depending on your efforts, or lack thereof, that island paradise just might turn into an island dystopia.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    No
    I actually really wanted hotels really badly but I did grow up on an island and I think I'd like it more if the focus was more about living there not vacationing there because as other ppl said the non US worlds like selvadorada are usually vacation worlds and I think it would be cool if the focus was actually living there like the other worlds.

I guess I don't mind if hotels are out of this pack if there's enough content to fill out the pack.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    No
    Reksoh wrote: »

its more that the rest of us are aware that everything has a price. hotels in the pack means something else would not be there because thats just how life works, nothing gets unlimited resource devoted to it.

for me, its not something im willing to give up anything else for. also im so sick of the stereotype that islands are only good for vacationing. Ive lived on an island my whole life so I can say there is much more to life on an island than staying in a nice hotel and sitting on the beach all day. I hope they abandoned that stereotype with this pack.

I agree. So far Island living appears to actually be jam packed with plenty of features others care about.

I dont care about hotels. Thats not on my personal list of requirements for a tropical island pack.

Im gonna be happy with my jet skis, boats, diving and ocean swimming. No time for crying over running a hotel a feature i didnt even want.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If you're anything like me, you might still want a hotel there. midnitetech suggested this mod to me:
    https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/downloads/resorts-hotels-mod
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    simsteph21simsteph21 Posts: 13 New Member
    No
    Not a deal breaker for me BUT I would like either hotels, resorts, houseboats, cabins OR vacation homes. I’ll take anything. I’d love vacation homes so that it gives my sims something to save up for but either way I’m super excited!!
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    Nope, I don't care about the hotels. It's an interesting idea in general, but one I'd never use. I don't do sim vacations. I want livable worlds, and a livable island world. I don't see why an island world should be considered for vacations only when people all over the world live on them. If they made the island both livable and vacation-possible, then I suppose sure. Have both. But I have almost no use for vacation destinations and want to be able to actually live in different environments.

If they made a hotel GP or the such, where you can build/place your own hotels...to me, that makes much more sense. Let the vacation spots be purely customizable in any world.

EDIT: Set up a system where the locals and conservationists have to deal with tourist sims trashing the beaches...if this pack does that, then maybe we're onto something.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    Monday wrote: »
    Nope, I don't care about the hotels. It's an interesting idea in general, but one I'd never use. I don't do sim vacations. I want livable worlds, and a livable island world. I don't see why an island world should be considered for vacations only when people all over the world live on them. If they made the island both livable and vacation-possible, then I suppose sure. Have both. But I have almost no use for vacation destinations and want to be able to actually live in different environments.

If they made a hotel GP or the such, where you can build/place your own hotels...to me, that makes much more sense. Let the vacation spots be purely customizable in any world.

EDIT: Set up a system where the locals and conservationists have to deal with tourist sims trashing the beaches...if this pack does that, then maybe we're onto something.
    This needs to happen vacation worlds are the worst my Sims should be able to live or vacation in any world I see fit.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Yes
    BabySquare wrote: »
    If you're anything like me, you might still want a hotel there. midnitetech suggested this mod to me:
    https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/downloads/resorts-hotels-mod

Thanks! It looks like there’s no hotel feature included, so I’m probably not going to get it yet - and if I do, this mod will be great.

Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    No

PREACH! :D
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    No
    I would be very disappointed though. I always wanted a beach vacation destination for my sims.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No
    It would be nice to have hotels but I would rather have them in a separate pack where you can put them in different worlds. Plus there appears to be lots of gameplay from this pack which will hopefully make up for if there are no hotels
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    TS1299 wrote: »
    The inly thing that I want is that it introduces a system that is applicable to all worlds and has inpact on sims personality like clubs, pets, weather, careers, fame, holodays, and reputation. If we can only be a mermaid or swim
    in the ocean or use boats at that world that it will be another city living where almost its major features are locked in that world like apartments.

Let's see how it is later, but I have to agree. Almost all EP's until now have some sort of system/opportunity or whatever that can be used in all worlds and is a game changer. I was hoping that there would be something like that, but the leaked description doesn't show that. Beach activities, swimming, mermaids... OK...
    It feels more like a gp to me.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    No
    This pack has a lot of new activities. It doesnt leave out a whole lot and adds new things. Cleaning the beach wasnt even called major or anything its just a side feature to add to realism.

Actually is one of the things I'm more interested in. I like that they're implementing more ecological lifestyle stuff.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,972 Member
    No
    I'd like hotels to be a thing eventually but also i wish to keep world simple and nature inspired and i feel like adding hotels there would be rather ugly so in a way i won't blame them if they don't bring them in this specific pack because theyd probably end up as annoying as apartments
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    No
    I would really like a Game Pack around hotels though that lets us build hotels in every world. Basically how it was in the Sims 2 Bon Voyage but with more features, similar how they did it with restaurants in Dine Out.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    I will buy this pack, I think. It all depends on what I see later today. However, I have some concerns.

I don't find a hotel management system appealing. Yet, I am disappointed that there may not be hotels and resorts in this expansion. Although I do not enjoy the management, I do enjoy having the option to stay in hotels.

To my knowledge, that feature has been present in every tropical Sim pack to date. Now, it's possible that that feature is not included? I hope that's not true.
    These are the arguments in favor of excluding hotels:
    • A resort system means that something else will be cut out of the game
    • Hotels can only exist in vacation worlds.

However, neither supposition is true.

For example, in TS3, it was possible to have water sports in any coastal world. There was swimming, snorkeling, houseboats, sailboats, rowboats, paddle boats, water skiing, wind sailing, and jet skis. I believe that EP also came with pool slides, floats, poolside waterfalls, a swim-up pool bar, and a stilt foundation that allowed buildings to be built over the water. There were also mermaids, a lifeguard career, new reward traits, and lifetime wishes. Also, if you had the patience to place a lot, scuba diving was possible in any world.

All of that was possible and more. All, in addition to a hotel management system. Not only that, but hotels could exist in any world.

In short, previous packs didn't require compromise. They were always chock full.

From what I can tell, this pack offers base game material for a fee. (Lounge chairs, I'm looking at you!) In addition, an existing problem is a feature now? Cleaning up after filthy Sims was already a problem in City Living. Sims in that EP leave coffee cups, cupcakes, and dirty plates all over the place! I suspect that EA couldn't fix that problem. So now, it has been baked into the gameplay?

I'm not too enthusiastic about that. If that's EA's idea of a concession to eco-living, I could have suggested features that would have fit that theme so much better. Anything else would have been more appealing than cleaning a beach, to be honest.

In any case, I'll wait to see what EA has to say later today. Hopefully, there is more to this expansion.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    No
    Reksoh wrote: »

Thank you, that's exactly what I was thinking. Life is full of trade-offs. And hotels don't interest me in the slightest. (If I want my Sims to stay overnight somewhere, I put a tent in their inventory.) I'd rather have game-play that my Sims can use in their daily lives than a few activities to do on holiday.
    I just want things to match. :'(