Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCCC Story progression?

SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
Just a quick inquiry but can story progression be completely turned off in the MCCC mod? I really like some of the things that this mod does but story progression is not one of the things I want in my game. I like to be in control of who gets married to whom and which sims can have babies. I play rotational and want unplayed families untouched for when I decide to play them.

I installed the mod and suddenly I had sims pregnant all over the place so I ended up reverting my game back to an earlier backup.

If this is possible would anybody be able to tell me how?

Thanks in advance for any replies. <3

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    That I do not know, but I assume so.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes. You can shut this off. @Sharonia ,

To turn off random pregnancies: MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percentage

The 'try for baby' percentage used when testing for random NPC pregnancies. It can be separately set for the Teen, Young Adult, Adult and Elder age groups. A number between 0 and 100 can be specified. 0 will turn-off random pregnancies for NPC's.

To shut off random marriages:

MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percentage

The percentage chance that random NPC marriage will happen to eligible NPC Sims. It can be separately set for the Teen, Young Adult, Adult and Elder age groups. A number between 0 and 100 can be specified. 0 will turn-off random marriages for NPC sims.

Deaderpool has a great site where you can look up settings & descriptions here:

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/Top

Click the turquoise box to look up a specific setting and/or it's description & ui path.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I "turned off" story progression in MCCC by just not adding it. You don't have to use all the modules. I don't have the Pregnancy module installed at all.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I "turned off" story progression in MCCC by just not adding it. You don't have to use all the modules. I don't have the Pregnancy module installed at all.

The more direct route. :D
  • Options
    Yes. You can shut this off. @Sharonia ,

To turn off random pregnancies: MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percentage

The 'try for baby' percentage used when testing for random NPC pregnancies. It can be separately set for the Teen, Young Adult, Adult and Elder age groups. A number between 0 and 100 can be specified. 0 will turn-off random pregnancies for NPC's.

To shut off random marriages:

MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percentage

The percentage chance that random NPC marriage will happen to eligible NPC Sims. It can be separately set for the Teen, Young Adult, Adult and Elder age groups. A number between 0 and 100 can be specified. 0 will turn-off random marriages for NPC sims.

Deaderpool has a great site where you can look up settings & descriptions here:

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/Top

Click the turquoise box to look up a specific setting and/or it's description & ui path.

Thank you so very much. Hopefully I have everything set right this time.

This is what I will resort to if it doesn't work right for me this time around. :D Thank you so much.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Yes, the simplest way to avoid marriages and babies is to uninstall the Pregnancy module.
  • Options
    toxikittentoxikitten Posts: 26 New Member
    I sometimes will rotate through households and I think it would be cool if you could enable specific households to continue earning their wages and slowly progress their skills as you are playing a different household, but I don't think MCCC has a function like that yet :(
  • Options

Yes, the simplest way to avoid marriages and babies is to uninstall the Pregnancy module.

I kinda want to keep the pregnancy module if I can cause it allows me to extend the duration of pregnancies for my played sims. I play with the longest life setting and I think default pregnancy is way to short for that setting.

I installed the mod again last night and set it with all the settings that @Pamtastic72 suggested and so far have noticed no random pregnant sims in my game. I think it's working how I want it now. Thank you again so much for the help. <3
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I kinda want to keep the pregnancy module if I can cause it allows me to extend the duration of pregnancies for my played sims. I play with the longest life setting and I think default pregnancy is way to short for that setting.

I installed the mod again last night and set it with all the settings that @Pamtastic72 suggested and so far have noticed no random pregnant sims in my game. I think it's working how I want it now. Thank you again so much for the help. <3

Of course, I remember that you were wanting to extend pregnancies :)