Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3: Complete Collection

I think all of the Sims 3 should be put together as a complete collection pack to purchase following the likes of TS2: Super Collection and the upcoming TS4: Legacy Edition. It’ll allow Simmers to collect each game easier.

Is this something the community would like? Do you think it would ever happen?

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2019
    TS1: Complete Collection
    TS2: Super Collection is a little different from the Ultimate Collection- Super Collection is for Mac users and only includes 6 of 8 Expansion Packs and 3 of 10 Stuff packs. Ultimate Collection is for Windows users and includes the whole collection minus store content.
    TS4: Legacy Edition isn't what you think... Sims 4 is dropping 32-bit support. Legacy Edition is for those with dated computers using Non-Metal Mac OS and 32-bit PC OS. It's a copy of the game that will no longer receive updates which means no further packs or patches.

This has been brought up before. I certainly wouldn't be against it. Some of us already have the whole collection (myself included) but for those who don't, this would be nice. I wouldn't expect the store to be included because 1. the store is massive and 2. It hasn't been included in the past collections. Will it ever happen? It's possible but don't expect EA to come out and confirm this.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    When I decided I wanted to experience all of TS3, I went to steam and purchased it all including stuff packs. I was able to save a little by watching for the base game paired with an expansion pack. Sometimes these are on sale as well. I think my entire purchase was something like $135. Completely worth it. I was extremely fortunate when Origin decided to give away TS2 for free. I think it would be nice if they created an ultimate pack of TS3.
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    I was thinking the other day they should do this. And drop it for free like they did Sims 2: UC
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    If EA wanted to produce an Ultimate TS3 collection then there would be an issue with the current game being only 32 bit. This was not uncommon 10 years ago when the game was launched, however modern computers want and expect 64 bit games. Given that EA recently stopped supporting the 32 bit version of TS4, it is unlikely to want to support a 32 bit re-issue of TS3.

An issue of a 64 bit version would require a virtual rewrite of the programming. EA is simply not resourced to do this and would probably weigh the cost of upgrading against possible revenues from the sale of an Ultimate collection. Given most TS3 players already invested when they bought the base game and packs first time round, it is unlikely they would want to invest again. This leaves the few newer players who are still collecting and competition for their money from TS4 and possibly future versions. As it is sales of the current game and store content must still be bringing in reasonable revenue or else the store would have closed a long time ago.

Personally I would only consider an Ultimate collection in 64 bit if it came in disk format and the known bugs and issues had been properly addressed. As they should have been when TS3 was the current version.

Your best bet is to wait for Steam or Origin sales, check remainders bins for disks if you want those and wait for store content to come up on the daily deals. It is more work but the fun of collecting is finding things over time, especially if you can get them for a cheaper price.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I think anything is possible though I don't know about how likely it is to happen. I think they're still pulling in money from the series so if it happens it won't be soon. I wouldn't mind it if they worked out all the bugs, didn't try to force Origin, and it came in physical copies.

If not that I'd settle for them re-releasing all that branded content that I wasn't around for like all the T Mobile, Dr. Pepper and Toyota stuff. I think there was stuff from Ford too. Who knows what else I missed. I'd settle for that, and them decreasing the prices of store content and bring back simpoint ads.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    CursedDice wrote: »
    I was thinking the other day they should do this. And drop it for free like they did Sims 2: UC

I would happily pay for it tbh. TS3 has SO many EPs

• Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I think EA will eventually put out a The Sims 3 Ultimate Collection, but not anytime soon since it is still making money for them. Perhaps when TS5 comes out. If TS5 is a 64-bit open world and amazing in every way, then it's likely that EA will offer TS3 UC at that time.

If you want to buy the whole thing at once now, you can wait for Steams' Christmas or Summer sales. Everything at those times are $5 each. Sometimes, Steam will even bundle the whole thing for a very decent price. So if that's something you're looking for, Steam's Summer Sale is coming up pretty soon.

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    What about the store though? I couldn't play without that stuff.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    What about the store though? I couldn't play without that stuff.

I didn't buy anything from the Sims 2 Store, but I thought about what would happen to purchases after the store closed. I'm also not sure what happens when the Sims 3 Store closes some day. But every time I bought something, I would download it and make a backup of it. But I would be pretty upset if they closed the door and no longer acknowledged our purchases. I hope they find a way for us to keep them - I nearly bought the whole store out and I'm still working on it!
  • Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Yeah I would like to have a complete edition of TS3, and a Store edition
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr