Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get To Work or Get Together

You may have seen me post this before and I feel like I still haven't seen which is better. I did say Get Together did seem better but I just need to see some honest poll ratings to see which is truly better. Please be kind enough to vote!
I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!

Get To Work or Get Together 84 votes

Get Together
54%
Akl500PicmnfrshErja888SimmervilleIsb917BeardedgeekAnmirlaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010JestTrustilljustme2zagboorulestaydevSelinaKylesannaliese39mariajane216SummerStreakbarbiegoesDoloresGreytexxx78 46 votes
Get To Work
29%
SimsAddiction968SchantalVageniusCinebarGlimmer50spice3ElderSimChildBamajamAinekappowanRedShoe7loutredorcomicsforlifeMoonSimKingUnknown10AllieSootieRae357EmmyGeeMaiaPlaysSimsCheetahAlyssa 25 votes
Both (Explain)
14%
LaBlue0314IceyJColorist40CaityTrinaMDianaSimssoko37StormsviewxjosephinexDianesimsIVXXXVIIndisStressB3L7A_G0th 12 votes
Neither (Explain)
1%
Bagoas77 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Both (Explain)

Unless you strongly dislike a pack I recommend buying every pack. Owing all packs will make your gameplay more fun and your builds better.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Get Together
    Between GT and GTW, i have to choose GT. I love the beautiful world it comes with. It has great clothing that suits perfectly for teens. And the hair too! The world has more teens too! I was glad about that since in BG alone had quite a few teen premades for my teen sims to get along with.
    I do love GTW though, GTW provides 3 careers in which you can follow sims to work, though after the first week it does get repetitive, atleast for me. It brings Aliens, though I’m not fond of them at all, they always abduct and impregnate my males. I love that you can own a retail business with GTW though it is a challenge. I rarely visit the world it came with though.
    I have to go with GT.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2019
    Get Together
    While I enjoy both, Get Together has to be my favourite of the two for the reasons I commented on previously. Of course, it all depends on your own preferences which one is better for you. I don't think you will regret going with GT though. :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Get Together
    Both have their charms, but GT adds a lot more to the game. It took me a while to warm up to the club system, but it really does help Sims with relationships; I've had Sims that start out in a kids' club, then go on to develop romances in high school and then marriage and family as young adults. And depending on the club you can build skills as well. The more packs you get, the more options you have for your groups. I also like the improvements in dancing that came with the pack, and the DJ station and dance floor has enlivened my nightclubs. (Want to find a 40x30 nightclub for Del Sol Valley.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Unless you strongly dislike a pack I recommend buying every pack. Owing all packs will make your gameplay more fun and your builds better.

I guess I can agree on that. By the way I love your signature!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get Together
    Easily Get Together the club system is a game changer. Unless you really love active careers Get to Work is pretty useless because retail is done extremely poor and it has no replay value. There really is no reason to use retail as all clothing and objects are unlocked and there no reason to visit stores because unlike Sims 2 which made you have to purchase new outfits to unlock them everything already is. Also the basics are just not there no clothing racks changing rooms or even cash registers retail feels as if its a afterthought of this expansion.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Get Together
    I like both, but looking back I hardly played any of the GTW careers. I used related objects for film making though, and the pack was rich on content. Get together added more to my gameplay. I love Windenburg, and I use the clubs actively for a wide range of purposes. Dancing and clubbing etc is more fun with this pack. If I could only have one of them, it would be GT.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Get To Work
    I'm going to surprise everyone by saying GTW. I played mostely in WB in GT after I got that world. However, if you want hands on new careers and not the broken club system in GT then get GTW. Granted some things in that EP are still broken too, but it offers more ways to play than GT did.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,871 Member
    Get Together
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm going to surprise everyone by saying GTW. I played mostely in WB in GT after I got that world. However, if you want hands on new careers and not the broken club system in GT then get GTW. Granted some things in that EP are still broken too, but it offers more ways to play than GT did.

What's wrong with the club system?
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    It really depends on how you like to play and what's important to your game specifically. I like having both, but I wouldn't push that for everybody.

Get Together has a great world and pre-made characters, and clubs can be really nifty both for making goals easier to accomplish and for just filling out the world with sims doing various things and showing up places. I usually end up changing a lot about the pre-made clubs, but that's okay and actually part of the fun for me. Sometimes clubs can get annoying, in them automatically trying to do things when that's inconvenient, but that can be dealt with and tweaked as needed pretty easilly.

Get to Work is cool if you like spending all day with your sim, and like weaving a story around specific tasks. If you HAVE a story you want to tell where your sim is a doctor or a detective or a scientist, I'd say it's totally worth it and probably a must have. Early on shops were a big let down for me, but most recently I think they patched it a bit and I've had great fun and success with that. I had a sim with the collector aspiration for instance who ran a very successful knick-knack store, which was pretty cool. I also LOVE ALIENS, so that's a big draw for me lol.

So, yeah, as you can see, it kinda depends on what your style is. GT maybe has more general application? Whereas GTW is a little more specialized, and might only be a benefit for specific stories. But again, if those happen to be the kind of stories you like telling, that might be a bigger draw for you. Good luck!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Get To Work
    Cinebar wrote: »

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I guess the only reason GTW sounds good is from the aliens. I want GT for storytelling like cults...
  • Options
    DaphneyyyDaphneyyy Posts: 70 Member
    Get To Work
    I, personally, use Get to Work more often than Get Together. Although the world in Get Together is way better, I like to use the aliens and working a lot. I never use the clubs in Get Together.
    OldfashionedDearKestrel-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together, solely because of Windenburg, the decor objects, CAS stuff, and the cafes and dancing skill. Easily one of the best packs IMO
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Get Together
    GT. The clubs are pretty fun and really customizable. They're great for hanging out with large groups of friends. The CAS and BB is also pretty nice.

The only appeals for GTW for me are the doctor and police careers.
  • Options
    danixmcdanixmc Posts: 32 Member
    I voted for both.

Get Together because it has a stunning world full of quirky families and Get to Work because I love the interactive careers - especially the doctor career
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Get Together
    GT: I love Windenburg, CAS is amazing, the family bios of the pre-made Sims are interesting, the club system is something totally new.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    CoryleaCorylea Posts: 9 New Member
    Get To Work
    I vastly prefer Get to Work. I adore being a scientist and usually play one, whereas the clubs thing doesn't really grab me. But then, I'm an introvert, so I'm not terribly "clubby" in real life. :-)
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    If you want more gameplay get Get to Work, I think retail is a lot of fun. If you want a new world and a new way to host gatherings, get Get Together, the club system is game changing.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Both (Explain)
    I said both, but if you had to pick one first, I would go with Get Together. The reason is that the club system can be used for a whole lot of things that don't have anything to do with clubs. I have used it to form extended family groups (family reunions). I have used in cases where the father or mother is not living in the home, I'll use it to get the parent over and to take care of their children. I have also used it for children or teen slumber parties. These are just a few examples of many.
  • Options
    IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    Both (Explain)

Get To Work is the only pack you have the chance to go to one of your sim's work locations and have fun with activities you're given related to the career your sim is at. Plus you can also start your own business like bakery or clothes shop. But Get Together has some really good hairstyles and clothes for both male and female sims , new activities , clubs , nightclubs , dancing and a brand new town.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • Options
    IndisStressIndisStress Posts: 15 Member
    Both (Explain)
    I enjoy the jobs in GTW, Working is a big part of your day and I love that i can control them and play workdays too but that it is not mandatory. But I love GTs world, clothes and hairstyles and the absurd clubs I can create (or just make a normal hobby club)
  • Options
    kaspertellykaspertelly Posts: 23 Member
    Get Together
    @queenvortex808 Get Together has foosball table and arcade machine. I also really like the new world it comes with. I haven't been able to get Get to Work which I really want also. I had the option between either one and chose Get Together. I Do Not Regret getting it
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Both (Explain)
    Unlike most, I love these two packs especially get together. Sims 4, imo, would be unplayable without GT. I need the control clubs provide and also it helps create same lot apartments and so many other things. I dont get why people hate on it so much.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Both (Explain)
    I use a lot of retail lots, aliens and while I don't always go with them the active careers from GTW.
    My entire Capp Family are in windenburg along with the elder Goths so I use the world a lot. I also almost always have a club even just to get families together. I personally think all the expansions(especially since older ones are even cheaper) are worth it
    caitytrina.png