Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get To Work: what is that one thing that you love on this EP?

texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
Somehow GW is the only EP that I don't own. I don't know if it's because of the aliens or the active careers, that i find a bit repetitive, or both. But certainly there's stuff that I would love on it.
What is that one thing that you love on GW?
Post edited by texxx78 on

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I don't love only one thing about GTW, but if I had to pick my favourite, it would be the scientist career. It's one of the few, if not the only career in the entire game that is worth progressing through not only for unlockable items and higher pay checks, but also for the additional abilities your sim gains, like brewing potions and inventing new contraptions. With the freeze ray, you can basically turn everyone in your scientist's household into their slaves! I also like that the science lab is situated in the middle of the desert, researching aliens and space travel among other things, it gives off a strong Area 51 vibe that I enjoy.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Ditto on the Scientist career, it's my absolute favorite career. I like retail, I like the Aliens, and many other things about this pack, but I LOVE the Scientist career for all the reasons mentioned by @GrumpyGlowfish above and more. <3
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I like it mostly because of the aliens, but the science career and BB objects are also great to have.
  • Options
    I have been reading a lot of old posts and i wonder if someone knows how illnesses work.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Police and doctor careers, because if feel we lack in basic, everyday careers.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    There are a lot of things I like about GTW, but if I have to choose just one then it has to be being able to take my sims out shopping. I also love being able to own retail lots (particularly now we have the self-employed option) and the baking skill. I'm not too bothered about playing active careers, but I do like having more 'every day' career options. I also like aliens - it wouldn't be The Sims without them!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Aliens! It feels like aliens are the only thing that I like about GTW, besides the baking skill. It was so nice to have something fundamental back in the game (aliens).
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I don't really care for the Doctor or Police careers. But scientist is really cool and aliens are fun. I mostly like to make hybrid aliens (through abductions and such). It's fun.
  • Options
    Scooby_Doo_PapaScooby_Doo_Papa Posts: 7 New Member
    I love bakeries!!! The baking skill was a great addition to the game and I love how it uses gardening to make certain recipes :) I also just really love building bakeries,,,idk why?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I think the doctor career is well done (when it's working)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    edited May 2019
    I am experimenting with GTW and using it for an auxiliary property / lot to develop am orchard of money trees while evading income taxes at the primary residence. Money trees are difficult to cultivate because there is no “harvest” interaction with money trees. Your only option is to sell money fruit. The work-around is to take a splice from a money tree and graft it to a regular fruit tree. When you interact with the spliced fruit tree, you “harvest all” which by default harvests a small number of Money Fruit.

I bought the smallest sized lot available, which will accommodate an “elegant sufficiency” of money trees to make me filthy rich (or more wealthy than I’ve ever been in any previous sims game) in a relatively short time. The lay out is like this: four bee hives placed in the four corners of a square, each surrounded by four sprinklers (each having maximum upgrade for unbreakable & puddle prevention) and each sprinkler surrounded by eight Money Fruit trees. The potential: one day’s super sell = 4(beehives)x4(sprinklers)x8(money fruit)x22,000(single money fruit sell) = 2,816,000.

So, I’ve “tricked out" my little pad, and I’ve planted as much as I can at the moment, but the orchard isn’t quite full, and I have something like eight money fruit that I can’t plant because I also have installed Seasons… It’s too cold to perform a “plant” interaction in the dead of winter.

There I am exhausted; my plans have been momentarily foiled by the weather, and I’m just pondering whether to pick up the unplanted money fruit or leave them there at risk of being stolen or rotting while I leave the lot unattended pending the arrival of better planting weather…

Dispicable Me: Have you ever done something in your game that made you feel kind of despicable? Well, I did something so evil (and you have to scream, “Evillll!” like Mermaid Man did in Sponge Bob Square Pants) that I quit without saving so I could erase what I did:

A random NPC kid shows up on my GTW lot. And “What the hell is he doing!” he’s making a mess! He’s pouring paint on the lawn next to my lair!

“Aaargh!!!”

I gotta teach this little guy, "Some 'respect'… A little 'gratitude'," but without being his “Care Giver” I can’t discipline his bootox.

Okay… I got a way to deal with this little 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

“Hey, Kid! Yeah, you! Why don’t you show me your hot-weather outfit?”

(Doesn’t work. I guess the game protects kids for this contingency in the dead of winter.)

“Hey, Kid! Why don’t you show me your bathing-suit outfit?”

(It works. The kid spins in mid-air, landing on his feet in his swimsuit.)

“Well, Kid, let me tell you some wild stories about all sorts of miscellaneous 🐸🐸🐸🐸 so that you’re distracted and don’t have time to consider changing back into your winter clothing….”

(the kid turns blue.)

*Take a selfie with the blue kid*

Continue to talk to the little brat till he turns into a block of ice.

*Grim Reaper appears to harvest his soul.*

Feeling guilty for causing his death, I plead for his life, but because I don’t have a high enough interpersonal relationship to the little guy, “No dice.” So, what’s left to do?

*Take a selfie with the reaper!*

This is all funny until I realize that I’m responsible for his tombstone / urn. The little brat is now going to be a blue ghost plaguing my retail lot… and just this inescapable skeezy, despicable feeling of a murderer. That’s when I quit without saving.

I love this game.
    Post edited by pjericksim on
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I like the scientist career and as an extension to that, of course, the aliens. I often combine the two, making an alien stranded on Earth who disguises themselves as a human Sim, who then infiltrates the lab so they can go back to Sixam.
  • Options
    daughtermitchelldaughtermitchell Posts: 59 Member
    The clothes!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hmmm I think the jail toilet is nice
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    I love, and this might seem insignificant and tbh is probably not worth buying the whole pack for, the photography. I love having a wall of my sims memories where I can go back and look at previous generations as kids. Yes, there is photography in the BG, but there are so many options and proper cameras in GTW.
    Not to mention, those gnomes are real cute.

Also, having your baby at the hospital and getting a birth certificate, love that. It adds so much realism, I think.
    And that one button up blouse with the sleeves rolled halfway up, I live for that bad boy
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Hahha what's going on with the jail toilet??
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    The scientist career, I use that career to complete collections, and you can edit the lot so I have expanded that lot with many rooms for all the collections in the game.
  • Options
    xjosephinexxjosephinex Posts: 39 Member
    I love photography! I love that I can take pictures of my sims and actually put them on my walls.
    origin id - victimizedharry
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I think I love the aliens from GTW. I'm a huge occult fan and have always loved aliens, so that's my favorite thing from the pack. As it relates to the careers, the Scientist is really fun.
    I've recently gotten back into Retail. I found a mod that cuts out all the social idle chit chat, Sims dancing etc, so that Retail functions as it should....shoppers shop, and employees work, so I've fallen back in love with running a business. (Not sure if that counts since I'm using a mod for it to function properly).
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The cloning machine can be useful - when I needed crystals for the relics in JA, I only needed to clone the crystals from my Sim's treasure chest to get the type I needed (rare, uncommon and common), rather than searching everywhere to collect duplicates.

I wish you could do the doctor and detective careers as rabbit-hole careers. (You can send them to the rabbit-hole, but they won't advance without your guidance). The scientist career works well as a rabbit-hole - my Sim advanced through it just fine without my guidance. She only needed to do things at home to encourage 'breathroughs'.

I'm trying the doctor career for the first time - my Sim is the only one in the house, so I don't have kids or elders raiding the fridge while I'm off with my doctor Sim. I wanted to try something new. It feels more scripted and time-controlled than normal Sims play - I don't think it's something I'll do again.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    aliens and the careers
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Hahha what's going on with the jail toilet??

Lol just gives me minimalist vibes in its design
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I must admit I did not play either of the active careers to end, it's kind of too time consuming when playing rotationally. But I love the concept, and I often use the office furniture for any formal office services I might add on community lots. I never focused on aliens and am glad they never took too much space in my game. I must interact with them on alien nights to actually get their attention. Obduction happened only once. Also like that we can give birth in hospital, Wish hospital, police station and science lab could be visited (even if it was a limited part of it) by anyone, would make good sets for making films etc :).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I only want the pack for the aliens btw. Get together for the crazy cults and mean girl societies I can make.
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    pjericksim wrote: »
    I am experimenting with GTW and using it for an auxiliary property / lot to develop am orchard of money trees while evading income taxes at the primary residence. Money trees are difficult to cultivate because there is no “harvest” interaction with money trees. Your only option is to sell money fruit. The work-around is to take a splice from a money tree and graft it to a regular fruit tree. When you interact with the spliced fruit tree, you “harvest all” which by default harvests a small number of Money Fruit.

I bought the smallest sized lot available, which will accommodate an “elegant sufficiency” of money trees to make me filthy rich (or more wealthy than I’ve ever been in any previous sims game) in a relatively short time. The lay out is like this: four bee hives placed in the four corners of a square, each surrounded by four sprinklers (each having maximum upgrade for unbreakable & puddle prevention) and each sprinkler surrounded by eight Money Fruit trees. The potential: one day’s super sell = 4(beehives)x4(sprinklers)x8(money fruit)x22,000(single money fruit sell) = 2,816,000.

So, I’ve “tricked out" my little pad, and I’ve planted as much as I can at the moment, but the orchard isn’t quite full, and I have something like eight money fruit that I can’t plant because I also have installed Seasons… It’s too cold to perform a “plant” interaction in the dead of winter.

There I am exhausted; my plans have been momentarily foiled by the weather, and I’m just pondering whether to pick up the unplanted money fruit or leave them there at risk of being stolen or rotting while I leave the lot unattended pending the arrival of better planting weather…

Dispicable Me: Have you ever done something in your game that made you feel kind of despicable? Well, I did something so evil (and you have to scream, “Evillll!” like Mermaid Man did in Sponge Bob Square Pants) that I quit without saving so I could erase what I did:

A random NPC kid shows up on my GTW lot. And “What the hell is he doing!” he’s making a mess! He’s pouring paint on the lawn next to my lair!

“Aaargh!!!”

I gotta teach this little guy, "Some 'respect'… A little 'gratitude'," but without being his “Care Giver” I can’t discipline his bootox.

Okay… I got a way to deal with this little plum!

“Hey, Kid! Yeah, you! Why don’t you show me your hot-weather outfit?”

(Doesn’t work. I guess the game protects kids for this contingency in the dead of winter.)

“Hey, Kid! Why don’t you show me your bathing-suit outfit?”

(It works. The kid spins in mid-air, landing on his feet in his swimsuit.)

“Well, Kid, let me tell you some wild stories about all sorts of miscellaneous plum. so that you’re distracted and don’t have time to consider changing back into your winter clothing….”

(the kid turns blue.)

*Take a selfie with the blue kid*

Continue to talk to the little brat till he turns into a block of ice.

*Grim Reaper appears to harvest his soul.*

Feeling guilty for causing his death, I plead for his life, but because I don’t have a high enough interpersonal relationship to the little guy, “No dice.” So, what’s left to do?

*Take a selfie with the reaper!*

This is all funny until I realize that I’m responsible for his tombstone / urn. The little brat is now going to be a blue ghost plaguing my retail lot… and just this inescapable skeezy, despicable feeling of a murderer. That’s when I quit without saving.

I love this game.

I am astonished from your courage and bravery.
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!