Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Heart Full of Stars {A Medieval Story} Chapter 70 *Finale* now! 5/28/21

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh wow, two parts. But it's getting late and I have an exam tomorrow. :grimace: I'm gonna set aside some time tomorrow once everything's done to read this
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TaraIris94TaraIris94 Posts: 552 Member
    Two parts! I'm loving these longer updates.
    I was surprised to see that Liam may still be alive! I'm hoping he can find a way to escape the king even though I'm guessing he won't have a chance to.

Poor Romeo having to find out that way about Briella, but I'm glad he did. It's too bad he didn't want to believe Liam about it.

Also I'll have to take a peek at that playlist, thank you for posting it.
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    I had to split the chapter into two parts because the forums has a word limit and apparently I passed that, oops. Especially when you add a ton of pictures, it gets to be a bit much.
    I'm not going to say if we see Liam again, I'll keep you guessing. :p

I would love if you guys listened to the playlist and commented here or on the google doc about it. Tell me if you found your new favorite song or something XD. Or even send me songs you may think apply or songs you'd like me to consider for future plot points? Idk, whatever you have to say, I will listen.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I like your playlist. I can see how these songs are inspiring. It reminds me of a time that I did nothing but listen to World music. One of my favorite artists is Imagine Dragons.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Okay, Friday's done! Now I can sit back and read. :smiley:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    I love that shot with the light streaming in. For all of Sims 4's faults, it does have some beautiful graphics.

And Anwyn's words to Liam. :( That's some unfortunate foreshadowing.

• Options
    Ooooooohhhhhh. I think we've reached the climax of this story. And I guess Romeo just assumed that Liam died there, but when I saw that there wasn't a body, I thought that he could still be alive. And he is...for now. :0

• Options
    @icmnfrsh
    I was definitely trying very hard for this to be a good climax. I tried really hard with Liam's story, with Romeo's story, and the terrible persona of the king. This is certainly a climax, but there will be more, much more, I just have to write it.

I'm really happy you guys read it and continue to read my chapters. It makes me happy to know that I'm able to share things with people and that my ideas aren't just floating around in the void with no one seeing them and that I can share what's in my head and put it into yours and that you enjoy it!

Again, I'm tired. I need to stop writing posts when I'm tired.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    Yeah, keep at it. :) And take a break. We all get tired sometimes

• Options
    I guess I would call last chapter the end of act 2, act 3 should hopefully wrap a few things up.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    Now that I'm moving on to a new act and setting of the story, i need some new characters!

First up, I need about 5 council members. Start your engines!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    First thing that came to mind was this old lady named Theodora. :D

I'd uninstalled TS4 though. Maybe I'll put it back for stuff like this

• Options
    @icmnfrsh You always comment, I'd love to have a character from you! Sorry if it's a hassle.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    No problem! Xfinity is pretty decent so I can just download it again. Plus I'll probably need TS4 for other sim-making stuff in the future

• Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited March 2020
    A song I picture for the Barbarians...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HREOXfmRF_c

and one I can picture for the Corrupt Church & Knights Templars...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFi1H8LCS1U
    Irishsong wrote: »
    Now that I'm moving on to a new act and setting of the story, i need some new characters!

I have a council member (and his assistants) ready to go...

Picture: Link Here

Sim Name: Lord Hogarth Allister
    Backstory Lord Hogarth Allister is a self-made merchant that's business dealings range from the legitimate to the somewhat shady to the downright illegal. With his ability to influence others within the council and the ability to bribe the city guards, some would say that Allister is a crime boss in the heart of the kingdom's capitol city. His outlandish style of looking like a foppish dandy shows to the world that he is his own man though some other rumors persist about him as well.

Sim Name: Mahmoud Ala-Kazeem
    Backstory: Mahmoud Ala-Kazeem was captured and sold into child slavery as a 4 year old. When is captors saw how strong he is, he was forced into being a child soldier which lead to his strong physique when he got older. After his master got into an absurd amount of debt at Lord Allister's underground gambling hall, Mahmoud was seized along with all of that master's assets. Lord Allister saw the potential of Mahmoud and granted him freedom if he were to stay on as his personal security guard. As a result Mahmoud is loyal to Lord Allister (and being well paid as security for the lord is an added bonus).

Sim Name: Icabad Penn
    Backstory: Icabad Penn had dreams of being a princess and finding his knight in shinning armor. Unfortunately being born male in medieval times means that dream is never going to be a reality. Icabad taught himself to read and write to escape a life of being a poor peasant farmer. Unfortunately, Icabad ended up being caught up in the slave trade as a worker in the world's oldest profession (in a very particular subset mind you) until the slave master got caught up in a debt with Lord Allister. Lord Allister saw the usefulness of an assistant so he took Icabad as payment for the debt. Icabad has since worked as assistant and bookeeper for Lord Allister though he pines for more with his master, including being the wife of the lord (something both Forbidden by the Church and not in the moment of interest of Lord Allister).

In addition to the link above, they can be found with the hashtags #irishmedieval #HeartFullOfStars #Councilor #Dandy
    Post edited by VanPelt81 on
  • Options
    I wasn't clear, They're for the islands, but I'll adjust them for the islands. Maybe they're from the mainland and have a position of power now?
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    Alrighty, I have two chapters typed up, I'm just waiting for some council members. But don't feel like you have to rush, there's plenty of writing I can do for now, and I'll be ahead of things with I get my cast together.

As of right now, I will give you guys until sometime on Saturday (3/7/20) to submit characters. If you can't make it by then, that's ok! You can still make a sim or two for the story and I'll sneak them in where I can. Heck, they may even still be council members, just not in chapter 23.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    I'll get her in before then :)

• Options
    edited March 2020

I'm going to start working on a sim or two for you right now :)
    Does age or gender matter? Or do you have any preferences? I saw that it will be for the islands.

Editing to add: also which packs do you/ do you not have?
    Post edited by TaraIris94 on
  • Options
    Age doesn't really matter, neither does gender. Just so long as they aren't a vampire or alien (though I have both of those packs, I don't think they'd fit very well in the story right now).

Packs. I have just about everything, I don't have:
    University

Starangerville

Tiny Living
    Moschino Stuff
    My First pet
    Toddler stuff
    Fitness stuff
    Bowling night
    Kid's room

Sorry it that's restrictive. If you want to use cc, you can use some, but make it Maxis match
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    Here's my council member: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FD16536A5F6811EA8E6DF3BE3F5E93AB

Theodora Springtide

Like most of the elders on the island, Theodora is more set in her ways. Dealing with so many problems over the years has worn her patience thin, so she tends to deal with matters in a more pragmatic fashion, if it means protecting the interests of the inhabitants. Sometimes even from themselves.

• Options
    I wasn't clear, They're for the islands, but I'll adjust them for the islands. Maybe they're from the mainland and have a position of power now?

I will make an Islander Council Member. As for Lord Allister, He and his assistants can be used for when the story needs an evil merchant, or if not enough people submit council members.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Islander Council Member here...

Picture: Link Here

Sim Name: Fugu Moo-Goo
    Backstory: Washed ashore as a baby, Fugu Moo-Goo was raised by an old fisherman. At the age of 10, he swam to save the life of a well respected council member of the Island. After this, he was hand picked to train as part of an elite group of warriors and eventually became the leader of the warrior protectors of the Island. As a result, he ended up being one of the youngest members in the council ever. The other council members dismiss Fugu's ideas as nonsense due to his age but Fugu believes life experience is more than just making it to an old age but surviving trials & tribulations or gaining wisdom from trying new & different things. Fugu is more trusting of people than some of the other council members but will have a hard time forgiving anyone that betrays his trust.

Fugu can be found with the hashtags #irishmedieval #HeartFullOfStars #Councilor
  • Options
    Layla Frey
    One of the youngest island council members ever, if not the youngest. She is a Child of the Islands, Good in character and truly Loves the Outdoors. Born to her island native father and her mother who escaped one of the main lands. Her mother's escape is a bit of a mystery, she was arranged to be married but upon meeting the man she was to marry, she knew it was time for an escape. Layla was chosen for the council because of her pure heart and her open mind to everyone, however she will be firm on the things she believes in. She hopes to meet her soulmate one day as she would love to have what her parents have.

I can provide the link for Layla's parents if you so wish to have them in the game but I don't want to impose.
    Also please feel free to do as you wish with her, I did dress her in some outfits that I thought *could* be fitting to the story but by all means change them or do whatever you need to do :) I promise I won't be offended.
  • Options
    Age doesn't really matter, neither does gender. Just so long as they aren't a vampire or alien (though I have both of those packs, I don't think they'd fit very well in the story right now).

Packs. I have just about everything, I don't have:
    University

Starangerville

Tiny Living
    Moschino Stuff
    My First pet
    Toddler stuff
    Fitness stuff
    Bowling night
    Kid's room

Sorry it that's restrictive. If you want to use cc, you can use some, but make it Maxis match

Thank you for the reply! I personally don't use and CC so no worries about that here :)
    I mainly wanted to know that way I didn't dress my sim or use anything from packs you didn't own. Also no need to apologize about restrictions- I didn't think it was restricting at all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top