Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please let us hide the conversation window!

One of the things I like about ts4 is how sleek and minimal the UI is compared to previous games. However, I really dislike the window that shows up whenever my sims are talking to anyone. I should be able to know how a conversation is going from just looking at my sims, no? and if I want information on their relationship, there's a relationship panel at the bottom right corner.

I just. I get that it's useful for some people, but I feel like we should have the option to minimize it if we don't like it and find it cumbersome. It looks out of place up there when the rest of the UI is at the bottom or corners.

I play ts4 largely for the pretty aesthetic, and I would like to enjoy how pretty the sim's world is without the chat UI in the way. And yes, I know it all gets hidden in 'tab' mode... but I can't play the game in tab more.

Anyway, it's just my 2 cents. I just think we should have the option to hide it.

Comments

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    No I absolutely agree. And sometimes a glitch occurs where the UI is stuck there and won't leave until your sim travels somewhere. If they can make it an option to close or collapse it as they did with the whims that would be perfect. That way those who want to keep it can and those who don't can collapse it or cut it off.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    I totally agree ! This conversation window is always in the way. If I enlarge my resolution which would minimise the conversation window then the graphic's quality of my game goes ugly. It would be really cool to be able to opt it off.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I asked for this in 2014.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’m only annoyed when the conversation window gets stuck there even when you’re no longer in that conversation. I wish they would fix that.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I actually find it useful. If two Sims with a good relationship are only having a friendly conversation, I ignore it, but I don't find it to be all that obtrusive, either. When I'm trying to build a relationship between Sims, however, it's much more convenient than constantly having to check the relationship panel to see how they're doing.

I only see it get stuck when a random Sim wants to talk to my Sim, but she's doing something else. (And it's still useful - a Sim my Sim doesn't know won't show up in the relationship panel, but I can see from the conversation window that said unknown townie is angry or flirty or whatever, and decide whether I want my Sim to drop what she's doing to engage the other Sim in conversation.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I don't really notice the notification popup stuff. But I get confused when I've started a new save and only have 3 conversation things and it says my notifications are full you can only have 200.