Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog walks take FOREVER

Is it a bug that dog walks take forever or just part of the game? Short walks take my sim 3 in game hours. It’s like going out to eat, takes too long!

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Yes, but they can be productive. One of my sims picked up six golden dog poops and sometimes they stop to allow their dog to dig up a mystery prize.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    They take forever!! Especially if you have several dogs, as you can’t walk them at the same time.

To me a short walk should be maybe 30 mins,
    Medium walk should be 1h and long walk 2h maybe.
  • Options
    ClassicSimsClassicSims Posts: 49 Member
    Yesss! They take AGES. They go through the whole town😂
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Yes, but they can be productive. One of my sims picked up six golden dog poops and sometimes they stop to allow their dog to dig up a mystery prize.

Why do you want to pick up golden dog poops? Is there something I'm missing about them?
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    They take forever!! Especially if you have several dogs, as you can’t walk them at the same time.

This.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited April 2019
    This is why you, unlike IRL (like most things in the Sims) only go out when the dog really wants to. Otherwise just let them go and poop on the porch. At least it's not as bad as in Sims 3 where you could get the option to "go to the park", which took so long that your Sim peed himself before even making it to the park. Because the clock went faster in Sims 3 (also the same thing with the toddler trolley in Sims 3).

Anyway, it's the same as with everything else. Leave food on the floor for the toddlers. Watch an author write two whole novels in a day, but it takes 3 hours to record a review of a liptstick and another 4 to edit the video. Time is... not realistic at all and you have to cope with it.

Again, potty train your dog and he'll poop outside, and then only take him on walks when the "Leash" icon is visible. Also, if you're smart you combine it with a jog.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Is it a bug that dog walks take forever or just part of the game? Short walks take my sim 3 in game hours. It’s like going out to eat, takes too long!

Yes what’s the purpose of the short, medium, long walk if the short walk takes 3 hours? Smh
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »

Why do you want to pick up golden dog poops? Is there something I'm missing about them?

You can sell them for money.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited April 2019
    Exactly ! The short walk is already so long, for the long one your sims have to take the day off I guess :D ! And why can't we walk several dogs at the same time ?
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Yes what’s the purpose of the short, medium, long walk if the short walk takes 3 hours? Smh
  • Options
    Exactly ! The short walk is already so long, for the long one your sims have to take the day off I guess :D ! And why can't we walk several dogs at the same time ?

Here's an idea: even if it's hard to animate several dogs with leashes, if you teach them "heel", you should be able to go a dog walk without a leash. And also in the process do more than one dog.

Gonna put that one inf Feedback, I think.
  • Options

Here's an idea: even if it's hard to animate several dogs with leashes, if you teach them "heel", you should be able to go a dog walk without a leash. And also in the process do more than one dog.

The heel command doesn't last very long, so I don't think that would really work.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I wish we could walk more than one dog
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

You can if you're okay using mods. LittleMsSam has a mod that lets you do this.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

oh I thought there mod was to hire a dog walker?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options

The heel command doesn't last very long, so I don't think that would really work.

My point is that it could, if they implemented it that way.
  • Options

oh I thought there mod was to hire a dog walker?

She has a mod for that as well.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    LittleMsSam also has a mod that adds "quick walk" which saves so much time...she has really changed dog walking in my game to something actually now enjoyable...
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Weird. Dog-walking is a breeze in my games. One time my sim really had to go to the bathroom and.... the walk became alot shorter. :wink:
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!